DEADLINE day countdown.......

Glasgow_Saint

TBH, the greatest thing about Bendtner is that he is quite un-Danish. Considering his lack of succes on the pitch, he's got a baffling belief in himself, which is a good attribute for a striker IMHO. He really believes the hype about himself...

But you would be hard pressed to find a less typical example of a Danish pro footballer than Bendtner ;)

Haha fair points mate, I do tend to agree with you. I'm not so sure there ever was that much 'hype' was there? Except, ofcourse, the hype he created himself.

I do think given a real chance at a club he could be a useful player. I think some strikers really need to be the 'main man' at a club to really flourish, which I think goes hand-in-hand with the belief/ego thing.

Surprised there has been so little interest in him to be honest, and no I'm not advocating him for Saints - quite happy with who we have signed/are looking at in his position.

According to a Freelance football journalist that is followed by a member of the Saints Media department...

Alex Aldridge ‏@accordingtoaldo

Heard #SaintsFC defender Dan Seaborne could be off to Ipswich Town

2 defenders f'sure then. There is no way we should be relying on Seaborne as a PL defender.

2 defenders f'sure then. There is no way we should be relying on Seaborne as a PL defender.

I like your posts but please don't use that phrase. It's horrible, Harry Redknapp says it constantly and the less time I spend being reminded of him the better!

Sky Sports understands Cardiff City are eyeing a move for West Ham striker Nicky Maynard.

West Ham really did buy for the short-term? Sam Baldock already gone to Bristol City

yes, typical " Big Sam " approach...ended up buying everyone we didn't want.....we got the best (and cheapest) deal with Billy Sharp.

QPR going crazy another defender on the way in the name of Simon Kjaer

Has he signed ? Very decent signing if true. With the quality they have they should stay up easily, but it depends whether they can keep all these egos happy. Going for the 'lets throw money at whoever we can because they've played for big clubs and offer them monstrous wages. I'm glad we've done it our way (as long as we bring in these players over the next few days that we need.

Dawson's move is off then, as Kaboul is now injured for months.

So they need to keep him now....not sure how motivated he'll be!

AVB puts his foot in his mouth again! Kjaer would be a great capture for QPR if true, better than Carvalho although the goalkeeping situation is plain weird, neither of them signed to be back-up whereas when we signed Antti you could tell he'd been signed as first choice but it fired Paul Jones up so much that he kept the jersey for a while and then earned a loan move to Liverpool.

Talking of competition firing people up, we must get 2 CBs and you'd imagine that's the minimum objective if the Seaborne to Ipswich rumour is true. With Ramirez, looks likely but I know from experience how long vital paperwork from Italy can take, even in the digital age.

Has he signed ? Very decent signing if true. With the quality they have they should stay up easily, but it depends whether they can keep all these egos happy. Going for the 'lets throw money at whoever we can because they've played for big clubs and offer them monstrous wages. I'm glad we've done it our way (as long as we bring in these players over the next few days that we need.

Not yet, but like you say will be interesting to see if they can keep all these egos happy. It's like a mini Man City.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8033727/QPR-eye-Danish-defender

Sky Sports understands Cardiff City are eyeing a move for West Ham striker Nicky Maynard.

West Ham really did buy for the short-term? Sam Baldock already gone to Bristol City

If Sharp left then we'd be no different. Is he leaving?

Chelsea midfielder Yossi Benayoun has taken to Twitter to reveal that he is in talks with two Premier League clubs about a possible loan move away from Stamford Bridge.

Not very good though and has barely played the last 4 seasons. Plus he'd be on huge wages and isn't very young. I would guess it's probably WHU and QPR ?

Just can't see us crossing the line with anymore than Ramirez and a defender to be honest - just too close to the wire to close more deals surely?

Who knows. The rumour that Millwall want Seaborne may indicate we want more than 1 CB.

Fourth Official@FourthOfficial_ I'd be a bit concerned if I was a QPR fan at the moment, have 'Pompey' written all over them

Surely only a problem if their multi-millionaire owner decides he's had enough and leaves them with all those contracts - Fernandes is not about to get arrested for war crimes or have his assets frozen is he ? The tv money should cover a lot of it and the kind of players they have been getting are all likely to up and leave if they go down anyway. The parachutes should cover the rest. Even if they imploded, lost their backer and went down shedding most of the squad they would still have enough cash from the proceeds to compete in the Championship, you have to work REALLY hard, choose some really dodgy or fake funders and ignore a whole lot of bills for a long time whilst continuing to splash money you clearly don't have in order to get into the mess Portsmouth did.

The comparison with Portsmouth basically overstates the impact of wages, ignores next year's massive tv deal increase, the desire for players to get paid Prem money and be in the Premier League to perpetuate their career, parachute money and most importantly, how likely the owner is to turn out to fail to exist.