DEADLINE day countdown.......

Glasgow_Saint

Bendtner has asked for Del Pieros number 10 shirt too apparently. I'll give him something, he doesn't lack self confidence. Remarkable really considering his limited ability.

Apparently Juve have said no.

lol, that fella is full of it. Didn't he come out and say that he was the most gifted player at Arsenal at one point?

He's a pretty average player, truth be told. But his confidence has probably given him the chance to join Juventus!

lol, that fella is full of it. Didn't he come out and say that he was the most gifted player at Arsenal at one point?

He's a pretty average player, truth be told. But his confidence has probably given him the chance to join Juventus!

I bet gooners wish Theo has his confidence, but he never seems to really believe that he can be a top player. The biggest thing holding him back IMO.

News from the North West suggests Saints could still land Matt Phillips today - if they admit tapping him up.

The Blackpool winger has put in a transfer request at Bloomfield Road, with Saints supposedly offering in the region of £6m for his services.

However the Seasiders will apparently only sell if Saints admit approaching the player before offering the club a deal, according to the Blackpool Gazette .

News from the North West suggests Saints could still land Matt Phillips today - if they admit tapping him up.

The Blackpool winger has put in a transfer request at Bloomfield Road, with Saints supposedly offering in the region of £6m for his services.

However the Seasiders will apparently only sell if Saints admit approaching the player before offering the club a deal, according to the Blackpool Gazette .

Don't really want him now. I'd take Ince, though.

So #FFC accept a bid from #AVFC for dempsey. Will that now encourage bids from #safc and #lfc. Think this one may run a few hours!!

Aston Villa? blimey.

They won't get him, but it'll at least make the fans feel they're being ambitious.

Sounds like BS, but as if NC would agree to that.

Sure there is a chance our fringe players could move somewhere - whether that is on loan or permanently.

By that I mean.

Dickson

Butterfield

Reeves

De Ridder

Hammond

Chaplow

Sharp

I think most of them will go out on loan rather than be transferred out - gives us a plan B for next season if plan A doesn't work this season and we get relegated!

bbcsport_david: Southampton have this morning contacted Chelsea over availability of Benayoun. QPR & Stoke also showing interest #bbcfootball #saintsfc #cfc

I thought he was heading back to WHU. Odd one to be linked with us, I'd frankly be amazed if we got him, not the kind of player I'd expect NA to be chasing.

The Juve president has even come out and publicly said that whilst Bendtner isn't the standard of player they were hoping to sign, they were desperate for another a striker. LOL

Andy from West Sussex, via text: "Hearing rumours that Wilfred Zaha has just arrived in Southampton, his pace would be a great addition to the Saints!"

BBC Sport's Jeremy Butler: "Championship club Charlton are in talks with Premier League side Southampton over signing 29-year-old midfielder Dean Hammond."