Divorce

Turkish

Apparently one in three marriages end in divorce. Tonight when in the company of 2 other couples that were friends of ours me and mrs Turkish and friends went through the couple we had known that had split up and divorced. Out of the 14 couple we all knew, of those that had split and knew the reasons why they split up, 10 of them were because the woman had cheated. I was surprised how high this was, this was married couples not just boyfriends and girlfriends, many of which had kids, is this normal, or our our group of peers a highly distorted statistic? 10 out of 14 couple spliting because the women had cheated FFS!!

Edited by Turkish

Apparently one in three marriages end in divorce. Tonight when in the company of 2 other couples that were friends of ours me and mrs Turkish and friends went through the couple we had known that had split up and divorced. Out of the 14 couple we all knew, of those that had split and we knew the reasons why we split up, 10 of them were because the woman had cheated. I was surprised how high this was, this was married couples not just boyfriends and girlfriends, many of which had kids, is this normal, or our our grip of piers a highly distorted statistic? 10 out of 14 couple spliting because the women had cheated FFS!!

As did mine, it is quite common, widows night at the pier told me that!

Maybe women are less careful at hiding their infidelity and either confess their sins or show signs of guilt. Blokes are probably more careful and better liars.

You should canvass the ex-husbands to find out how many of the 10 had also cheated whilst they were married to their cheating wives, but never admitted it or been found out.

Maybe women are less careful at hiding their infidelity and either confess their sins or show signs of guilt. Blokes are probably more careful and better liars.

You should canvass the ex-husbands to find out how many of the 10 had also cheated whilst they were married to their cheating wives, but never admitted it or been found out.

Pretty sure it's proven that men are terrible liars and women are much better. I know I'm pretty poor

I'm a divorce lawyer. Most marriages end because of the blokes behaviour. Women definitely don't cheat more, they just get caught out more and/or "can't live with the guilt" so confess.

It's often the case that if women cheat it's because they aren't happy. If blokes cheat it's usually because they have the opportunity.

I'm a divorce lawyer. Most marriages end because of the blokes behaviour. Women definitely don't cheat more, they just get caught out more and/or "can't live with the guilt" so confess.

It's often the case that if women cheat it's because they aren't happy. If blokes cheat it's usually because they have the opportunity.

The golden question is what make this happen?

The golden question is what make this happen?

Multitude of reasons. Usually feel unloved, unwanted, downtrodden, taken for granted and all sorts of reasons. Whether those reasons are justified I don't know. I just listen to what they have to say.

My mate is about to get a divorced because he caught his Mrs cheating. When I pointed out the women he'd slept with whilst being married he said it was different because she didn't know about them.

I think in most of the cases both people are to blame. Women often say they are unhappy for a "multitude of reasons", I think men can be unhappy for the same reasons except they don't express their feelings like women.

Is Mrs Turkish blind or stupid? Oh, silly me. Of course she has to be both!

I expect all your mates are meathead idiots who treated their wives badly, were insensitive, inattentive meatheads, that sort of thing. Grown men who never stopped believing they were the hardest men in the world, or 'lads'. You know the sort.

Nah, I'm only kidding. But seriously, Turks, my old cockeroo - I expect they all left their husbands because, having met you, they realised they could never be happy. you showed the others up to be what they were not in comparison to you: An erudite, intellectually gifted Adonis of a man.

Is Mrs Turkish blind or stupid? Oh, silly me. Of course she has to be both!

I expect all your mates are meathead idiots who treated their wives badly, were insensitive, inattentive meatheads, that sort of thing. Grown men who never stopped believing they were the hardest men in the world, or 'lads'. You know the sort.

Nah, I'm only kidding. But seriously, Turks, my old cockeroo - I expect they all left their husbands because, having met you, they realised they could never be happy. you showed the others up to be what they were not in comparison to you: An erudite, intellectually gifted Adonis of a man.

There is probably some truth in that. I know a lot of my friends birds are only with them because they can't have me.

Or in other words, women are better liars and can convince the lawyer it's all the blokes fault.

See, Turkish? Though I'm not around a lot (I know you miss me), we were once seen as natural enemies. Secretly, though, I have nothing but respect for you. A fine adversary. In fact, a fine figure of a man. Overall, I think you're the best guy I've ever not met. **** it, I love you Turkish. There. I said it.

See, Turkish? Though I'm not around a lot (I know you miss me), we were once seen as natural enemies. Secretly, though, I have nothing but respect for you. A fine adversary. In fact, a fine figure of a man. Overall, I think you're the best guy I've ever not met. **** it, I love you Turkish. There. I said it.

Its totally understandable.

Mix of issues. Femenazi media drums it into women that being a homemaker and having children is somehow selling out no matter how happy they might be. A combination of men displayed in adverts/tv shows/films as incompetent foolish idiots that deserve to be mocked or taken advantage of alongside men being more-or-less castrated in terms of masculinity being looked down upon across all western media. This is all alongside the Twilight/Fifty Shades generation of books and films telling women that no matter who they are and regardless of their own character, they're all entitled to a perfect/mythical/fantastical man.

The family unit is being slowly broken down (as if somehow saying that a standard Mum/Dad/kids/Dad earns the money Mum stays at home and provides security for the children family being a positive thing = slating single mothers)

Slagging around is regarded as being the sign of a strong independent woman.

So as a young man (as I am) you're given a simple choice, pair off with one of these entitled brats, or basically spend your teens and twenties ****ging around and having fun. So its of course a no-brainer, meaning that when people do get married its often later in life when they've basically "settled" for one another and aren't really in love.

From a young man's point of view its never going to be tricky to get laid but its bloody hard to find a nice girl in all honesty.

Essentially its a lot to do with Western media and culture being one of so much entitlement and consumerism that both men as well as women objectify each other and are never really satisfied.

Or in other words, women are better liars and can convince the lawyer it's all the blokes fault.

Not at all. I couldn't give a monkeys why the marriage breaks down. I need to establish if the marriage has broken down irretrievably.

If a women tells me she's cheated I have to tell her that she can't petition on her own adultery. I have to ask what the husband has done wrong so she can petition. Most of the time he's cheated so the trust has gone. There's often other stuff that has happened.

Much as blokes can't admit it, they are usually the author of their own misfortune.

Not at all. I couldn't give a monkeys why the marriage breaks down. I need to establish if the marriage has broken down irretrievably.

If a women tells me she's cheated I have to tell her that she can't petition on her own adultery. I have to ask what the husband has done wrong so she can petition. Most of the time he's cheated so the trust has gone. There's often other stuff that has happened.

Much as blokes can't admit it, they are usually the author of their own misfortune.

In order to get paid, you leech on human misery

;-)

A mate of mine who is 34 will only go out with women aged between 28-30. He claims that up until they are 28 they aree too immature and once they are past thirty they are worried about being left of the shelf and will take anything they can get.

A mate of mine who is 34 will only go out with women aged between 28-30. He claims that up until they are 28 they aree too immature and once they are past thirty they are worried about being left of the shelf and will take anything they can get.

Half your age plus 9 I thought it was. That would make my ideal woman something over 40. Apparently.

You sounds like a woman. Are you a woman? You sound like one.

Half your age plus 9 I thought it was. That would make my ideal woman something over 40. Apparently.

Matter of taste, whitey. I prefer them slightly older than me, mrs robinson syndrome ;) I do realise that this policy is not sustainable indefinitely. Any skirt younger than I am just seems like exploitation, not sure why. And the only serious girlfriend I had that was younger, (2 years younger and 2 years living with her,) was an unmitigated disaster. Mrs scotty is 4 years my senior, and thats worked well for 26 years now.

Multitude of reasons. Usually feel unloved, unwanted, downtrodden, taken for granted and all sorts of reasons. Whether those reasons are justified I don't know. I just listen to what they have to say.

Someone post the Little Britain sketch where as soon as the client is out of the door Walliams is on the blower "You'll never guess, she's only having it off with his brother".

50/50

One chap started cheating on his Mrs shortly after she fell pregnant with their first (and only). Everything came out just before the birth.

In the other the girl started cheating... and then fell pregnant. Messy.

That will be the waters breaking...or a poo....or piles.

aaah, a divorce thread.. Checking in.

Currently getting divorced. Wife cheated , for about 3 years it turns out with a co-worker.

All got very messy in the end.

The other poor fella ended up dying in a terrible accident. or rather, he is going to , he just doesn't know it yet.

aaah, a divorce thread.. Checking in.

Currently getting divorced. Wife cheated , for about 3 years it turns out with a co-worker.

All got very messy in the end.

The other poor fella ended up dying in a terrible accident. or rather, he is going to , he just doesn't know it yet.

So did she blame it on you saying you made her feel unwanted?

Did you have any idea she was at it?

yeah, i did. But had no proof and she constantly denied it, there was no meeting out of work for them , it was all just during work hours.

In hindsight, now have a new improved Miss Hatch and am much happier.

yeah, i did. But had no proof and she constantly denied it, there was no meeting out of work for them , it was all just during work hours.

In hindsight, now have a new improved Miss Hatch and am much happier.

So did she tell you or did you catch them?

So did she tell you or did you catch them?

Just sort of dawned on me over time, despite the fact I was mentally trying to convince myself it wasn't happening.

If I ignored it it would go away sort of thing.

She still denies it to this day, despite moving in with him within about 3 months of us splitting up.