Pointless Early 2013/14 Kit Speculation Thread

The9

Bristol city have a better version of our kit...

As a club I thought we had a bit more class than sticking gold on things. The logo in the Adidas announcement image leads me to believe that this is not a fake as much as I wish it was...

I can't believe this is actually going to be it.

It's concerning to realise that someone who is getting paid a fair amount of money looked at this as a mock up and said 'yeah, you know what? I think that's a real winner'...

Whoever you are, f**k you.

Bristol city have a better version of our kit...

As a club I thought we had a bit more class than sticking gold on things. The logo in the Adidas announcement image leads me to believe that this is not a fake as much as I wish it was...

I can't believe this is actually going to be it.

It's concerning to realise that someone who is getting paid a fair amount of money looked at this as a mock up and said 'yeah, you know what? I think that's a real winner'...

Whoever you are, f**k you.

It's a football kit. We wear it whilst we are playing football matches, and hopefully winning football matches.

It won't stop us breathing, eating, living, or going on our day to day lives. Therefore, I don't really care what it looks like, as long as we win games of football and have an exciting team to follow.

It's a football kit. We wear it whilst we are playing football matches, and hopefully winning football matches.

It won't stop us breathing, eating, living, or going on our day to day lives. Therefore, I don't really care what it looks like, as long as we win games of football and have an exciting team to follow.

It's a major part of our image as a club, it represents us, and frankly it's pretty embarrassing.

It's a major part of our image as a club, it represents us, and frankly it's pretty embarrassing.

I don't think anyone would really give a crap, other than us. For example, I really don't care what Cardiff have as a kit. Or anyone else for that matter, it doesn't embarrass anyone in my eyes.

I don't think anyone would really give a crap, other than us. For example, I really don't care what Cardiff have as a kit. Or anyone else for that matter, it doesn't embarrass anyone in my eyes.

Embarrass isn't the right word.... but each club's kit is a fundamental part of it's identity.

Liverpool, those red shirts.

Chelsea, Blue.

Newcastle, barcodes

When a side adopts something different, it can take you aback. Gillingham in Red with blue trim this year. Arsenal when they adopted the Burgandy shirts. Usually there is a historic precedent but either way. It's different and contrary to paradigm and convention, it is an affront to identity. When there is seemingly no reason for it, it's just not on.

Edited by Colinjb

Embarrass isn't the right word.... but each club's kit is a fundamental part of it's identity.

Chelsea, Blue.

Newcastle, barcodes

When a side adopts something different, it can take you aback. Gillingham in Red with blue trim this year. Arsenal when they adopted the Burgandy shirts. Usually there is a historic precedent but either way. It's different and contrary to paradigm and convention, it is an affront to identity. When there is seemingly no reason for it, it's just not on.

we are paying tribute to the highly successful 80s. Keegan, Shilton, Shearer, Le tiss. 2nd in the league etc

we are paying tribute to the highly successful 80s. Keegan, Shilton, Shearer, Le tiss. 2nd in the league etc

They didn't play in an all red kit. The only mainly red shirt was the centenary one from 85-87, at least that had the traditional shorts and socks to offset it.

They didn't play in an all red kit. The only mainly red shirt was the centenary one from 85-87, at least that had the traditional shorts and socks to offset it.

have literally no idea what colour shorts we played in. nor any other team. it really is of insignificance really.

If you say so Jamie.

either red or black. believe it or not colin, many people could not give a monkeys. nor remember the colour of shorts and sock or even care about shorts and socks

you dont that much, you are buying it next week

No, he's been pro-all red kit all the way through the thread.

I'd probably point out to him that (despite the best efforts of the club to fabricate interest by pulling the same stunt as last year, shoehorning people into the smaller shop and making people wait to get served), he probably won't have to queue much, almost certainly less than last year.

Maybe we should send some independent queue counters down there to verify that they can't shift more than 2000 of them through 2 tills in 6-7 hours of Sunday opening... will be interesting to see what PR lie they spin it with this year.

I can't go down to the Megastore on Monday anyway as I'll be at Wimbledon.

I'll probably order it online on Sunday, don't know whether I can be arsed with queuing this year...although it was an 'experience' of sorts last year, plus saw JWP in the queue.

Edited by BlakeySFC

either red or black. believe it or not colin, many people could not give a monkeys. nor remember the colour of shorts and sock or even care about shorts and socks

you dont that much, you are buying it next week

I'm not going to argue with you. We obviously will not agree so no point.

I do however believe you are very small minded for not being able to separate a merchandise boycott from a dislike. I am a collector, I would like the shirts I collect to conform to the strip I would like our club to play in! Hopefully I can look back on the collection in years past and reflect on the daft few years when we deviated away from stripes for a bit before returning.

I'm not going to argue with you. We obviously will not agree so no point.

I do however believe you are very small minded for not being able to separate a merchandise boycott from a dislike. I am a collector, I would like the shirts I collect to conform to the strip I would like our club to play in! Hopefully I can look back on the collection in years past and reflect on the daft few years when we deviated away from stripes for a bit before returning.

if you are collector. buy the shirt off someone when they are done with it. dont buy ANOTHER. stick to your guns. or save our stripes will never do anything

embarrassing to who

the give-o-fuk o'meter outiside of southampton fans is barely flickering

What did you think of Cardiff changing their colour?

Also this season there has been a fair amount of laughing at the quality of their new kit.

I enjoy wearing a Saints shirt outside of St Mary's. I'd be embarrassed to wear that kit.

What did you think of Cardiff changing their colour?

Also this season there has been a fair amount of laughing at the quality of their new kit.

I enjoy wearing a Saints shirt outside of St Mary's. I'd be embarrassed to wear that kit.

could give a crap about cardiff.

I doubt in deepest norwich they are even mentioning this to themselves.

no one cares apart from saints fans. so how can you be embarrassed

It's already doing something.

go on. what is it doing?

what results have you got. what have the club told you?

fair play for the group and I mean that. but you really devalue it by buying the shirt you dont want the very moment it comes out

could give a crap about cardiff.

I doubt in deepest norwich they are even mentioning this to themselves.

no one cares apart from saints fans. so how can you be embarrassed

The point I'm trying to make is that evidentially people do notice. I've spent the last 2 months scrolling through pages of other teams kits on this very thread.

go on. what is it doing?

what results have you got. what have the club told you?

fair play for the group and I mean that. but you really devalue it by buying the shirt you dont want the very moment it comes out

It has accumulated 205 people into one group when the shirt hasn't even been confirmed. It was always going to be a push ahead of the launch this year... but it's a start.

As for me devaluing it as I am a shirt collector and will buy the shirt anyway, it would be more devalued if I lied. It's also not just 'my' campaign.... it's everyone's who is a member, I just set it up to get those who give a damn together in some way in the first place. From here it can grow further.

Edited by Colinjb

As we have already established, many people will buy the shirt regardless of what it looks like simply because it is the latest saints one. As I said it isn't that simple.

It really is that simple though.

There will also be many people who like the new shirt but won't go out and buy it.

As I said, the sales figures will be the true measure.

There will also be many people who like the new shirt but won't go out and buy it.

They won't, because Saints will just lie about them.

The point I'm trying to make is that evidentially people do notice. I've spent the last 2 months scrolling through pages of other teams kits on this very thread.

good for you. have a look around and let us know what the norwichweb, stokeweb, newcastleweb, liverpoolweb, mancityweb all say that is embarrassing

Sales figures aren't the true measure because the purpose of our kit is not just to sell replicas of it.

This is not Mattel funding the Masters of The Universe TV cartoon entirely to sell He-Man figures and Castle Greyskull playsets.

Well on new kit eve I can't wait for the pointless early 2014/15 kit speculation thread so we can do it all again and end up with lots of whinging about no stripes, endless mock ups of what we'd like, putting up every kit any other club have ever played in and ultimately ending up with one the vast majority don't like but the club claim is the best selling ever. Any chance of starting it next week?

Sales figures aren't the true measure because the purpose of our kit is not just to sell replicas of it.

This is not Mattel funding the Masters of The Universe TV cartoon entirely to sell He-Man figures and Castle Greyskull playsets.

What then is the true measure?

it's certainly not those that shout the loudest!

What then is the true measure?

it's certainly not those that shout the loudest!

It's very sweet that you are trying to make out that Saints fans who would quite like us to wear red and white stripes are some kind of vocal minority. Very sweet indeed.

It's very sweet that you are trying to make out that Saints fans who would quite like us to wear red and white stripes are some kind of vocal minority. Very sweet indeed.

:rolleyes: Phew, clearly too clever for me. And the true measure is?

Sales figures?

The winners of XFactor sell a sh*t load, it doesn't mean they are reflective of the music talent pool in the UK.

There is an indisputable majority who prefer Saints to wear stripes.

Not wanting to disrespect anyone who holds an alternate view, it's going to happen. I respect that others feel differently, but all core stats point to stripes being the preferred option.

The winners of XFactor sell a sh*t load, it doesn't mean they are reflective of the music talent pool in the UK.

There is an indisputable majority who prefer Saints to wear stripes.

Not wanting to disrespect anyone who holds an alternate view, it's going to happen. I respect that others feel differently, but all core stats point to stripes being the preferred option.

Have never stated that stripes are not the preferred option of the majority 'I actually think that is the case', however that does not mean that other styles will not be liked by those individuals. The new shirt will ​be very popular at the tills.

Have never stated that stripes are not the preferred option of the majority 'I actually think that is the case', however that does not mean that other styles will not be liked by those individuals. The new shirt will ​be very popular at the tills.

Doesn't matter.

It's about what the majority of fans want. There's nothing to say a striped shirt wouldn't be equally as popular. It's disingenuous to suggest that a less popular design would sell better then one that evidently is.

Edited by Colinjb

Doesn't matter.

It's about what the majority of fans want. There's nothing to say a striped shirt wouldn't be equally as popular. It's disingenuous to suggest that a less popular design would sell better then one that evidently is.

Lets see what the majority of fans are wearing come the 1st game of the season. Surely that will be a strong message of how bothered the majority really are?

Lets see what the majority of fans are wearing come the 1st game of the season. Surely that will be a strong message of how bothered the majority really are?

As many fans wear the shirts because they are what the team wear, rather then what they like, it's not a true representation. I should know, i'm one of them.

The majority of fans who buy shirts do so because they like them!

It's not the be all and end all. People do buy them as they are the team kit... as opposed to personal preference.

I do stand by the stats too. I've never known a kit to sell 'badly,' the latest kits sell. It's a fact. It doesn't determine how good and well regarded they are though. The campaign I started is all about preference rather then sales figures. All signs point to stripes being desired, wanted and therefore preferred.

Edited by Colinjb

Chelsea, Blue.

Newcastle, barcodes

Don't forget Purple is synonymous with Harchester United.

The majority of fans who buy shirts do so because they like them!

Fact. I buy a lot of Saints shirts, but not all of them. Didn't like the Gareth Bale era black sleeved home shirt, didn't buy it. Liked last years shirt, bought it. Undecided on this years one, want to see the finished article on the OS. However i'm not fussed by the stripes or lack thereof. The black away one's obviously photoshopped on reflection, however i'd have that.