Pointless Early 2013/14 Kit Speculation Thread

The9

Sheep, football consumers. Spending £45 on a piece of nylon they don't like and will look like a bell end in, save your money, add a tenner and buy a Ralph Lauren polo shirt, it'll look better, last longer and you won't look like a bulb in it.

Sheep, football consumers. Spending £45 on a piece of nylon they don't like and will look like a bell end in, save your money, add a tenner and buy a Ralph Lauren polo shirt, it'll look better, last longer and you won't look like a bulb in it.

You are as bad as my other half. I come on here to escape that sh*t.

Though you would look a bellend

It's not the be all and end all. People do buy them as they are the team kit... as opposed to personal preference.

I do stand by the stats too. I've never known a kit to sell 'badly,' the latest kits sell. It's a fact. It doesn't determine how good and well regarded they are though. The campaign I started is all about preference rather then sales figures. All signs point to stripes being desired, wanted and therefore preferred.

Comparing historical sales figures will play a big part in determining what fans really prefer, success on the pitch plays a big part also. That's why yellow is popular!

The majority of fans who buy shirts do so because they like them!

Many people buy the shirt because it is the one the team wear or because they collect them. It doesn't mean necessarily that they will like it. It's a fairly simple concept that only you are failing to grasp.

You are as bad as my other half. I come on here to escape that sh*t.

What, telling you to stop wasting money of football shirts and buy some decent gear? Your bird and your forum mate can't both be wrong Colin!

Many people buy the shirt because it is the one the team wear or because they collect them. It doesn't mean necessarily that they will like it. It's a fairly simple concept that only you are failing to grasp.

Don't forget children..... Parents are sheep on their behalf. (Yes, I know you were being sarcastic....)

Fact. I buy a lot of Saints shirts, but not all of them. Didn't like the Gareth Bale era black sleeved home shirt, didn't buy it. Liked last years shirt, bought it. Undecided on this years one, want to see the finished article on the OS. However i'm not fussed by the stripes or lack thereof. The black away one's obviously photoshopped on reflection, however i'd have that.

The fact you liked this years instantly negates your opinion.

It's not the be all and end all. People do buy them as they are the team kit... as opposed to personal preference.

I do stand by the stats too. I've never known a kit to sell 'badly,' the latest kits sell. It's a fact. It doesn't determine how good and well regarded they are though. The campaign I started is all about preference rather then sales figures. All signs point to stripes being desired, wanted and therefore preferred.

Completely agree.

You are failing to grasp the simple concept that the Majority of fans buy the shirt because they like it!

As the title of the thread states 'Pointless'. Look forward to all the naysayers reaction when the kit is revealed and actually seen in the flesh!

Chow

Considering that our points are self cancelling (new kits sell regardless/the kits are liked therefore they sell) we will never agree/resolve. Goodnight.

Who wears Ralph Lauren these days, 99% of all RL shirts worn by people are Chinese/Thai Polyester knock offs. NOBODY respects that brand anymore.

Shaw's top is very tight,,,, like Italy style tight.

I dont mind both. Like the away. At the end of the day though Im not too bothered about stripes, never been a big fan of them anyway.

No its not mate, he is just so huge. Needs and XL!! lol.

Without seeing them in the flesh I think they both are fairly nice. Probably prefer the away kit at the moment but do think the home socks really set the whole kit off nicely when seen together!

Have to agree about the home socks. The shirt does look better when combined with the full kit. I think this clarifies that we have to get used to the idea that Saints will play in all red for the imminent future. That would appear to be our kit design going forward now and if you accept that is the case, this one isn't actually too bad.

I have to admit I do quite like the away kit. I think it looks quite smart.