Joan Verdu...

Dibden Purlieu Saint

How many threads are you going to start?

This was mentioned here >> http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mauricio-pochettino-goes-from-real-madrid-link-to-battling-against-relegation-8458285.html

Why try and pass this off as your own idea?

P.s Espanyol DONT ave any good players...... Thats why they were rock bottom under pinocchio

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

Ramirez is supposed to be our playmaker and he's no doubt very good at it, just got to use him correctly and stop sticking him out on the left to be able to play JRod and Lambert.. Misuse of Gaston probably really riled NC.

I was thinking about this a lot yesterday.... As much as I liked Adkins I'm pretty convinced we'll now see a new lease of life from Gaston under MP.

I DEMAND.....:rolleyes:

He change his name to Juan if he joins us...:D

Out of respect for my recently departed Auntie Joan...:cry:

Joan must be the Catalan version of Juan I suppose, loads of them, Espanyol's president is called Joan as well. Perhaps he made them all change their names, perhaps all of our players should be called Nicola.

I was thinking about this a lot yesterday.... As much as I liked Adkins I'm pretty convinced we'll now see a new lease of life from Gaston under MP.

Wishful thinking -

From Espanyol fans on twitter and Facebook

showed initial promise but faded fast, had no plan B and not popular with players or fans after year 1

Joan must be the Catalan version of Juan I suppose, loads of them, Espanyol's president is called Joan as well. Perhaps he made them all change their names, perhaps all of our players should be called Nicola.

If we go down this line:rolleyes:

Saints players will only have manly ladies names like......Bertha ,Gertrude and Jackeline.:rolleyes:

This was mentioned here >> http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mauricio-pochettino-goes-from-real-madrid-link-to-battling-against-relegation-8458285.html

P.s Espanyol DONT ave any good players...... Thats why they were rock bottom under pinocchio

I was looking on Football Manager, but glad to see that the papers are keeping up...

• 4 months later...

In how many threads are you going to write pinocchio instead of Pochetinno?

Edited by Hamilton Saint

Have we ever had a player declare they are joining us before the club has confirmed it?

Gaston. Came out in Italy, did an interview saying 4 yr deal, got no. 10 shirt etc and the move happened about 1 month later. He's the only one I can think of.

...exactly

+1!!

Using a nickname that implies he has been lying by associating him with a character that did is really bad form. Just a cheap measure because there may be a very vague similarity between Pochettino and Pinocchio..

Edited by Colinjb

+1!!

Using a nickname that implies he has been lying by associating him with a character that did is really bad form. Just a cheap measure because there may be a very vague similarity between Pochettino and Pinocchio..

Everyone tells lies..... Even you.

Pinocchio was the nickname given by Espanyol fans who loved him, so relax.

Everyone tells lies..... Even you.

Pinocchio was the nickname given by Espanyol fans who loved him, so relax.

Either I always lie, or I never tell the truth. ;)

I am relaxed, but still, you are the only person who uses it. I'm not going to follow, it just doesn't sit with me.

Either I always lie, or I never tell the truth. ;)

I am relaxed, but still, you are the only person who uses it. I'm not going to follow, it just doesn't sit with me.

Chatted with Espanyol fans on facebook after Pinocchio's appointment, they told me about his nickname. All harmless and not connected to lies i dont think

Espanyol's best player by a mile he's 29 now but a very creative midfielder and likely out of contract at the end of the season. Could be a very good signing for us.

The only Espanyol game I've seen was against Celta Vigo, he looked pretty good but did as much wrong as right during that game. Aspas was terrific for Celta, and has now gone to the scousers, but the standout Espanyol player for me was Sergio Garcia. Verdu was subbed about 15 mins from the end. Thats only one game though, obviously, and one that probably didnt mean much to Espanyol who were already safe.

Pinocchio is his nickname

No it isn't. You are the only one who has ever used it. It is pathetic and insulting. Pinocchio is Phil Thomson, always has been always will be. If you want to use his nickname its The Sherriff (or whatever that is in Spanish, El Sheriffo or whatever).

The only Espanyol game I've seen was against Celta Vigo, he looked pretty good but did as much wrong as right during that game. Aspas was terrific for Celta, and has now gone to the scousers, but the standout Espanyol player for me was Sergio Garcia. Verdu was subbed about 15 mins from the end. Thats only one game though, obviously, and one that probably didnt mean much to Espanyol who were already safe.

Was he running round with a box of fried chicken to distract the black players?

No it isn't. You are the only one who has ever used it. It is pathetic and insulting. Pinocchio is Phil Thomson, always has been always will be. If you want to use his nickname its The Sherriff (or whatever that is in Spanish, El Sheriffo or whatever).

Why is it pathetic and insulting to call MP it but not so when its Phil Thompson?

Phil Thompson said 'Penguin' for no apparent reason on Sky when Liverpool conceded against Chelsea. He's a big nosed Scouse idiot.

Why is he an idiot and what has being scouse got to do with it? That city gave us the mel c, Jimmy tarbuck, cilla Black and jennifer Ellison. coming from gene pool that has produced such greats it's a it ignorant to say that because he's a scoucers he's also an idiot. it's also disgusting to mock his nose he cant help it, im sure he'd have it reduced if he could but he cant poor chap. it's no wonder he acts like he does when there are ignorant, judgemental people like you around.

Why is he an idiot and what has being scouse got to do with it? That city gave us the mel c, Jimmy tarbuck, cilla Black and jennifer Ellison. coming from gene pool that has produced such greats it's a it ignorant to say that because he's a scoucers he's also an idiot. it's also disgusting to mock his nose he cant help it, im sure he'd have it reduced if he could but he cant poor chap. it's no wonder he acts like he does when there are ignorant, judgemental people like you around.

Rich, coming from you.