Joan Verdu...

Dibden Purlieu Saint

Why is he an idiot and what has being scouse got to do with it? That city gave us the mel c, Jimmy tarbuck, cilla Black and jennifer Ellison. coming from gene pool that has produced such greats it's a it ignorant to say that because he's a scoucers he's also an idiot. it's also disgusting to mock his nose he cant help it, im sure he'd have it reduced if he could but he cant poor chap. it's no wonder he acts like he does when there are ignorant, judgemental people like you around.

Top post :toppa:

Joan Verdú says he hasn't accepted Espanyol's offer and is looking for a new club. All tweets are translated from the official Espanyol twitter feed.

"Joan Verdu announces that the last renewal offer has not been accepted by @RCDEspanyol. #RCDE"

"Verdu: "I thank the club and the fans for the last 4 years" #RCDE"

"Verdú: "I've been happy; not I felt little valued"#RCDE"

"Verdú: "I wish him all the luck in the world to the #RCDE"

Joan Verdú says he hasn't accepted Espanyol's offer and is looking for a new club. All tweets are translated from the official Espanyol twitter feed.

"Joan Verdu announces that the last renewal offer has not been accepted by @RCDEspanyol. #RCDE"

I guess it was always unlikely he would announce us as his destination before the club made an announcement and that's even if he's even on our radar.

A come and get me plea to any suitors. If we have been working on this it's time to finish things off.

He's from Spain so he must be. I think that's how it works these days.

Yes this exactly how it works.

In the light of watching the Spanish under21's being a league above anyone else at the Euro-u21 tournament (and 2 leagues above England) and our regularly being associated with Spanish players because of MP and Spain basically being out of cash in the main, I considered doing a rough comparative graph to explain it better.

For example Joan Verdu is 29 and a decent AM player in a mid to lower level Spanish La Ligua team. As a guide in English players only AM comparative terms he is about the same level as Steve Gerrard. And ANY player from a mid table upwards team in Spain is in general better than his English counterpart in ANY premiership team.

Awaits refutation. But the general gist of it is sound.

Spain third team ie, put the third choice goalie, rb, lb, cb etc upwards would probably beat England's first team.

Edited by Giordano

Yes this exactly how it works.

In the light of watching the Spanish under21's being a league above anyone else at the Euro-u21 tournament (and 2 leagues above England) and our regularly being associated with Spanish players because of MP and Spain basically being out of cash in the main, I considered doing a rough comparative graph to explain it better.

For example Joan Verdu is 29 and a decent AM player in a mid to lower level Spanish La Ligua team. As a guide in English players only AM comparative terms he is about the same level as Steve Gerrard. And ANY player from a mid table upwards team in Spain is in general better than his English counterpart in ANY premiership team.

Awaits refutation. But the general gist of it is sound.

Spain third team ie, put the third choice goalie, rb, lb, cb etc upwards would probably beat England's first team.

Just so I get this right, are you saying that Verdu is better than Gerrard?

Just so I get this right, are you saying that Verdu is better than Gerrard?

I was being somewhat facetious for effect because Gerrard is still easily in the top 100 midfielder attackers in the world right now but Verdu is certainly more Spanish, plays in La Liga and that means he is probably better even than top England international Attacking Midfielder James Milner, as wild a claim as that is as well. In fact Milner is a better example. Name one international team in the top ten he might actually get a game for (except England), then see how many Spanish attacking midfielders of better quality exist and see how many of those top ten they might actually get to play for (Spain aside of course). I don't do playstation fifa13 or whatever its called but Im sure MLT knows exactly the stats of how many spain have versus england...

that means he is probably better even than top England international Attacking Midfielder James Milner, as wild a claim as that is as well. In fact Milner is a better example. Name one international team in the top ten he might actually get a game for (except England),

Ah, I see what you mean, perhaps you do have a point... :-)

I was being somewhat facetious for effect because Gerrard is still easily in the top 100 midfielder attackers in the world right now but Verdu is certainly more Spanish, plays in La Liga and that means he is probably better even than top England international Attacking Midfielder James Milner, as wild a claim as that is as well. In fact Milner is a better example. Name one international team in the top ten he might actually get a game for (except England), then see how many Spanish attacking midfielders of better quality exist and see how many of those top ten they might actually get to play for (Spain aside of course). I don't do playstation fifa13 or whatever its called but Im sure MLT knows exactly the stats of how many spain have versus england...

The PL is not about how well a player can do on the international stage. Your argument for Spanish players is not 100% valid. Milner on a wet Tuesday night away at Stoke or some supposedly dazzling Spanish midfielder? hmm.

Name one international team Milner would get into? The problem with that, is that with any half sensible management he also wouldn't get in the a england side. There are countless better options and England always look better without him. He's not in there because he's the best available player.

Azerbaijan.

So far, I would say its the worst summer in over 35 years for the Club. We are actually a laughing stock. At my work, even Brighton fans are laughing at us.

My new local all the Leeds fans are laughing at me. They've already signed Matt Smith and are close to signing Noel Hunt, both good solid pros WCDAJFU. they think we are arrogant and complacent and the joke is going to be us when we swap places in the league with them next may.

My new local all the Leeds fans are laughing at me. They've already signed Matt Smith and are close to signing Noel Hunt, both good solid pros WCDAJFU. they think we are arrogant and complacent and the joke is going to be us when we swap places in the league with them next may.

Just show them your sales figures and watch the smile drop off their northern faces. Southern accents sell - fact!

Just show them your sales figures and watch the smile drop off their northern faces. Southern accents sell - fact!

One of them used to supply post it notes to ASDA, i dont think i can compete with that sort of talent.

That must have been a big deal. Asda is basically run on post it notes and horse meat. Good move you going up north Turks. The digital revolution hasn't hit there yet, must be loads of people still up for buying paper. Most of them can even read and write these days, so you are on to a winner. In a strange way, I am quite proud of you.

Right seen a Spanish report on the subject. Offers from Betis,Sociadad and Olympiakos, went to the greek shower because they're in the Champions league. SFC not mentioned as a potential suitor whatsoever.

obviously ruled out immediately by the player as his agent wouldnt deal with us.