Saints V Owls Predictions

Mr X

Head is ruling heart for this one, and I'm going for an entertaining draw. Home form misery continues.

Heart reckons we could win this, and that it could be the emphatic win we've been waiting for.

I'll be working so whatever the result I hope it cheers me up.

Still, 1-1.

Worst home form in the league versus a team who've let in 25! (!) goals on their travels.

It is far easier to turn around your home form, than away form IMO. And I think the recent performances show that we are about to improve. Starting today with a nailed on win. Not sure we will do it without conceding though, so I think a comfortable 3-1, maybe even a 4-1 or 4-2.

Huge, pivotal game. A home win would give me real hope for the rest of the season. Another insipid home performance would put us right back to square one after three matches unbeaten.

With a team full of inexperienced nippers we are never going to be consistent so predicting (and especially betting on) Saints scores is almost impossible.

Let's face it - anything could happen. Saints could run amok and win or lose 5-0, or run themselves into the ground and get a 0-0, 1-0 or 0-1.

I predict anything could happen, and probably will. What's the odds [le god forbid] on a FlyBe plane hitting the stadium, shortly after takeoff, or a train derailing and punching a hole through the chain-link fence before hitting the Kingsland wall..? :confused:

Agree with you 100% St Michael. Very important game after 5 points from the previous 9, which is ok. Not promotion standard but better then relegation standard. We have to win our home games if we are to stay away from the bottom group. A lose today and we could be back to 1 point from the bottom 3. Plus 1 win from 12 would be fecking awful, Jewell kind of awful from last year! So i think were win and win comfortably. 2-0 to Saints

COYR

Sorry if been answered already, but why do we have two games in two days?! Seems a bit unfair!

It's not that unusual. A couple of weeks ago Swansea played Watford twice in 2 days.

If anything considering what a young squad we've got,it should be an advantage to us....theoretically we should be healthier and in better shape. (Palace are having to do the same remember)

Think how much footballers train. I'm sure they can manage 90 minutes of exercise twice over the space of 55 hours or so. If athlets from other sports can do it (i.e its not unusal for tennis players to play two, 3 hour long matchs in the space of 24 hours), then I'm sure footballers can struggle on with it without kicking up a fuss.....:roll: