p.s there may be

Monk

Man City seem keen to get him off the books rather than loan him out.

£5 mill seems a good price but his rumoured £60k a week wages do not,this will be a major problem shifting him imo as nobody outside the top 4 will pay this and he is not good enough for a top 4 team (yet)

If City would subsidise the wages then I would say it may be worth a gamble

Fits the mould Young,English and hopefully hungry

Man City seem keen to get him off the books rather than loan him out.

£5 mill seems a good price but his rumoured £60k a week wages do not,this will be a major problem shifting him imo as nobody outside the top 4 will pay this and he is not good enough for a top 4 team (yet)

If City would subsidise the wages then I would say it may be worth a gamble

Fits the mould Young,English and hopefully hungry

You'll be surprised what players out of contention accept in a WC year !!!

You lot crack me up!

Betting on players signing - what next - when players leaves the pitch for a dump in what minute?

I think is brotherly love has anything to do with it - Southampton may be an option Sinclair would consider - but I have to ask myself is he good enough? Is he really any better than what we have already?

Clearly on paper much better than Puncheon - but can't get a look in at Citeh with all their foreign stars.

Fits the Southampton blue print - young, English with talent and potential.

Only stumbling block wages? I would say his ego may have a say in it too - moving from Citeh to little old Southampton! Probably winds his brother up a treat about being at a small club, whilst he's Billy big Boots at Citeh!

I posted this on Saintslist earlier today. Im not sure how the wages will pan out because he would have to take a BIG drop to come to Saints but:

All i can think of with this is that he is ( currently) a left winger thats not played much football in the last year. The only other player in our team to whom you could loosely attribute that title would be Luke Shaw.

My thoughts are that we may be considering re-training him defensively and converting him as back up for Luke at LB ~ though in the first instance he is a left sided attacking player to balance our squad which is a bit right footed in attack. Otherwise why release JP who has and can score goals, dribble and switch wings as well? Can only think its a LS back up & his brother connection is the sweetener. Still an unusual one as i don't see him as a starter, unless we seriously think he could oust Adam Lallana as the more left sided creative midfield slot? Or maybe he is........but id otherwise see him struggling to even get on our bench in the league- as JP did last year.

Edited by Giordano

yep batman i know its a shocker but we do not play with conventional wingers anymore. Sinclair plays wide, number 11, has pace and can dribble and beat his man. The only other guy who can do that on the left is Luke.Its not totally ridiculous that he can not only play the left hand side AM role - but as cover for LS if needs be. If you want a position to make surging runs from beating players and shooting/crossing using your pace- left back is ideal in our formation for his skill set. Hes a bit short though at 5ft 9.5" and probably cannot defend for toffee but lets not let that get in the way of the hypothesis shall we :-).

I posted this on Saintslist earlier today. Im not sure how the wages will pan out because he would have to take a BIG drop to come to Saints but:

All i can think of with this is that he is ( currently) a left winger thats not played much football in the last year. The only other player in our team to whom you could loosely attribute that title would be Luke Shaw.

My thoughts are that we may be considering re-training him defensively and converting him as back up for Luke at LB ~ though in the first instance he is a left sided attacking player to balance our squad which is a bit right footed in attack. Otherwise why release JP who has and can score goals, dribble and switch wings as well? Can only think its a LS back up & his brother connection is the sweetener. Still an unusual one as i don't see him as a starter, unless we seriously think he could oust Adam Lallana as the more left sided creative midfield slot? Or maybe he is........but id otherwise see him struggling to even get on our bench in the league- as JP did last year.

Sorry if I've misunderstood but are you suggesting that Scott Sinclair could be coming here as back-up left back?

Are you mental?

Glasgow: Banega should starts every game and so instantly upgrades our first 11, Sinclair does not necessarily start every game. Sinclair has different attributes that we absent , banega has similar attributes to several- but just better. They are different types of player - but for me its Banega every time.

Glasgow: Banega should starts every game and so instantly upgrades our first 11, Sinclair does not necessarily start every game. Sinclair has different attributes that we absent , banega has similar attributes to several- but just better. They are different types of player - but for me its Banega every time.

agreed mate

p.s ignore the bully boys - your a good poster and good man

Sorry if I've misunderstood but are you suggesting that Scott Sinclair could be coming here as back-up left back?

Are you mental?

Yes I am probably mental. Good guess!

But on the subject of the player - if you stop to think about it a moment you will see that I understand SS attributes as an attacker fairly well - they are common knowledge - like born in Bath, his 22 swansea goals, his penalty taking, his long mazy length of the pitch goal of the season type scoring runs, his representing eng from u17,u18,u19,u21 and olympics where he scored. His not playing since May last year, his loads of loan spells all over the place, I understand Holloway loves him too having had him before but seemingly wants JP (why you might ask?)........................but facts are hes not moved on in that role - Theo, Oxo, Lennon and others have all got that speedy wide player position sewn up for England and he's not made it to the full team yet and clearly he's not a star at Man City. So we need a speedy wide/ dribbling player at Saints do we? Yes we do i think. If he plays he displaces either Adam Lallana or JWP or GR or Guly or SD and of course JP I guess, none of whom are convincing at turning over the right back and putting a cross in regularly ( except Adam is playing well again and can put the fb on his ar4s on occasion whilst JP does attack players..) so maybe he is just a conventional alternate attacking wide midfielder. Of course he might displace Jrod, SRL and DO but i think the latter two are very different to him and think we have got a long term project going with jrod that i don't see being given up on quite yet...in fact i expect jrod to be on fringe of the WC squad this year and might be a nice outside bet to make it too...so i don't think he could oust jrod- but itys possible his presence might give him a gee-up.

Or maybe he might be able to do what he is known to be best at- running with ball- from the left back position if Luke was injured or suspended or rested for instance I mean, i dont think anyone feels Foxy ( good player that he is ) is quite top EPl fb quality do they? Yup, I must be mental, but its not such a mental idea really in that context..consider this- shaw gets injured- fox replaces him- and we will have to play in a different way as fox cannot do those runs- but SS could....

Edited by Giordano

But on the subject of the player - if you stop to think about it a moment you will see that I understand SS attributes as an attacker fairly well - they are common knowledge - like born in Bath, his 22 swansea goals, his penalty taking, his long mazy length of the pitch goal of the season type scoring runs, his representing eng from u17,u18,u19,u21 and olympics where he scored. His not playing since May last year, his loads of loan spells all over the place, I understand Holloway loves him too having had him before but seemingly wants JP (why you might ask?)........................but facts are hes not moved on in that role - Theo, Oxo, Lennon and others have all got that speedy wide player position sewn up for England and he's not made it to the full team yet and clearly he's not a star at Man City. So we need a speedy wide/ dribbling player at Saints do we? Yes we do i think. If he plays he displaces either Adam Lallana or JWP or GR or Guly or SD and of course JP I guess, none of whom are convincing at turning over the right back and putting a cross in regularly ( except Adam is playing well again and can put the fb on his ar4s on occasion whilst JP does attack players..) so maybe he is just a conventional alternate attacking wide midfielder. Of course he might displace Jrod, SRL and DO but i think the latter two are very different to him and think we have got a long term project going with jrod that i don't see being given up on quite yet...in fact i expect jrod to be on fringe of the WC squad this year and might be a nice outside bet to make it too...so i don't think he could oust jrod- but itys possible his presence might give him a gee-up.

Or maybe he might be able to do what he is known to be best at- running with ball- from the left back position if Luke was injured or suspended or rested for instance I mean, i dont think anyone feels Foxy ( good player that he is ) is quite top EPl fb quality do they? Yup, I must be mental, but its not such a mental idea really in that context..consider this- shaw gets injured- fox replaces him- and we will have to play in a different way as fox cannot do those runs- but SS could....

On the other side of the pitch? You simply are talking balls, what next cover for Boruc by signing Patrick Agyemang?

You sound like derry and his plan to use Fonte as a defensive midfielder.

wouldnt lose much sleep over that

I'm not the sort to dislike players (I do make an exception for Fox though). With Gaston I so want him to do well when he plays and I'm always disappointed. Perhaps I'm expecting too much. I think he's had long enough to settle into the squad, the league, and the country now that reasons for below par performances are running out. Yes, he's had flashes of good play and he's obviously a talented player but I, along with a lot of fans, am running out of patience. I would imagine the coaching staff are too.

Anyway, I digress. Back to sinclair, or banega, or whoever.

Nabil Hassan‏@NabilHassan792 t

Crystal Palace are today expected to complete the season-long loan signing of #saintsfc winger Jason Puncheon. Top signing for Palace.

Chris Lambert‏@lambino992 t

@NabilHassan79 Any sign of a replacement, particularly Sinclair?

Nabil Hassan‏@NabilHassan792 t

@lambino99 They will look to bring someone in yes, but Sinclair rumours are wide of the mark.