Top 5 best and worst player to play for saints in CCC

Thedelldays

You talking about all round or specific games? cause Walcot and Bale had 1 or 2 games where they were shocking but Wright and Pele had a few games where they were some of the best players on the pitch. Few and far between for wright and his role just became more dependable than any good but not sure if overall he deserves to be in the bottom 5.

You talking about all round or specific games? cause Walcot and Bale had 1 or 2 games where they were shocking but Wright and Pele had a few games where they were some of the best players on the pitch. Few and far between for wright and his role just became more dependable than any good but not sure if overall he deserves to be in the bottom 5.

talking abour what it says on the tin..of course players have off days..good or bad...

i was close to dropping raz for kelvin but kelvin was a bit of a clown before this season..but respect to him, he seems to be the real deal now..

Best i'd say

1. Jones

2. Rasiak

3. John

4. Davis

5. Wright (the goalie)

Worst

1. Wotten

2. Robertson

3. DMG

4. Powell

5. Davis (performances from last season especially reaction to us at the Weds game).

Don't see how you can say wotton and robertson, especially after his goal against norwich, are worse than Jermaine Wright?!

Don't see how you can say wotton and robertson, especially after his goal against norwich, are worse than Jermaine Wright?!

1 good display does not make you good, Wotten has been by far our worst player when he is on the pitch. Anyone who goes to the games knows what im talking about. Very slow player, awful at passing, and goes to sleep every time there is a dead ball situation. Add to that he is unsure of how to play his position means most of the times the ball is dinked over his head and were in the hope Davis can save the 1 on 1.

Robertson has been **** poor for us this season in a season were doing the worst we have in the CCC. For example people mention Wright as being bad but they easily forget he was our 3rd best assister in our playoff season (our best season in the CCC). Ahead of players like Jones etc.. He has played some right dire games but he has also played some good games. Saying he is amongst the worst is laughable to me because what i have seen this year is nothing on comparison to his displays. Even with him in defence we looked more solid when Pearson took over. So i don't blame JW for being crap i blame the manager for not knowing how best to use him.

What happened?

Saints team crap.

Saints concede 5 goals (admittedly 1st one was penalty KD gave away, but still)

Fans shout abuse at Davis as he is 'keeping in front of away fans in 2nd half as goals rain in

Kelvin swears at fans.

Two days later Kelvin "apologies" on OS.

Best - agreed. Worst? Any member of the squad from this August onwards. Sorry but Delap, Best, Hajto, Wright and Pele are all a class above our current squad.

Dont be silly. We have the best squad of players we have had since relegation by a street. They are more talented; they try harder and they are by a million miles more entertaining. Yes they are young and yes they and we are suffering from it. They remind me very much of the Wolves squad of 12 months ago. I think that says it all.

Dont be silly. We have the best squad of players we have had since relegation by a street. They are more talented; they try harder and they are by a million miles more entertaining. Yes they are young and yes they and we are suffering from it. They remind me very much of the Wolves squad of 12 months ago. I think that says it all.

so we remind you of a team who didn't have the players scoring all the goals... Iwelumo and Ebanks-Blake?

.. Wotten has been by far our worst player when he is on the pitch. Anyone who goes to the games knows what im talking about. Very slow player, awful at passing, and goes to sleep every time there is a dead ball situation. Add to that he is unsure of how to play his position means most of the times the ball is dinked over his head and were in the hope Davis can save the 1 on 1.

How dare you say that about Jan's first very own signing?

It must have been a very good video, eh NickH??

Or was he not signed on the evidence of a video, but on Hockaday's recommendation, the guy previously responsible for coaching the youngsters in silky skills.

I don't think anyone can honnestly put Niemi in their best CCC players list. Fantastic in his first 2 seasons, very good in the relegation season, but inconsistent in CCC.

I'd go for

Best:

1.Walcott

2. Bale

3. Baird

4. Rasiak (always scored goals when in the team)

5. Skacel (No seriously, can anyone name a time when he put in a string of poor performances)

Hon. mentions to:

1. Pele - Would have been up their with Baird and Bale if he'd play ALL season in midfield. I'd have him ahead of MS if I'm honnest. Good ball winner, passer and very hard to knock off the ball.

2. Guthrie - Only got half a season here, but looked pretty good.

3. R. Wright - As above

4. Vignal - When I think we could have had a left flank of Vignal and Skacel last season, but instead had to endure JW and Euell...

5. Kenny - Crap first season, massive improvement second season.

6. A. Davies - What might have been eh.

Worst (out of the regular culprits, not people like Sarmiento and Tejera:

1. Powell

2. J. Wright

3. Powell. Sh*t, said him already, alright er... Chris Makin.

4. DMG. I'm not writing him off, but we've had 3 years of intermittent gash from him.

5. Can't think of anyone else. My mind keeps going back to Powell. Actually, Vincent Pericard

(Dis) Hon. Mentions to:

1. Euell. Looking much better this season, but his performances have been few and far between. Last season however he was a stallwart and was karp.

2. Brett Ormerod. Even after dropping a league, he still couldn't find the net.

3. Wotton. Really not that good.

4. Hammill. We've finally found the answer to a question that has plagued mankind for centuries, 'who ate all the pie!'

I don't think anyone can honnestly put Niemi in their best CCC players list. Fantastic in his first 2 seasons, very good in the relegation season, but inconsistent in CCC.

I'd go for

Best:

1.Walcott

2. Bale

3. Baird

4. Rasiak (always scored goals when in the team)

5. Skacel (No seriously, can anyone name a time when he put in a string of poor performances)

Hon. mentions to:

1. Pele - Would have been up their with Baird and Bale if he'd play ALL season in midfield. I'd have him ahead of MS if I'm honnest. Good ball winner, passer and very hard to knock off the ball.

2. Guthrie - Only got half a season here, but looked pretty good.

3. R. Wright - As above

4. Vignal - When I think we could have had a left flank of Vignal and Skacel last season, but instead had to endure JW and Euell...

5. Kenny - Crap first season, massive improvement second season.

6. A. Davies - What might have been eh.

Worst (out of the regular culprits, not people like Sarmiento and Tejera:

1. Powell

2. J. Wright

3. Powell. Sh*t, said him already, alright er... Chris Makin.

4. DMG. I'm not writing him off, but we've had 3 years of intermittent gash from him.

5. Can't think of anyone else. My mind keeps going back to Powell. Actually, Vincent Pericard

(Dis) Hon. Mentions to:

1. Euell. Looking much better this season, but his performances have been few and far between. Last season however he was a stallwart and was karp.

2. Brett Ormerod. Even after dropping a league, he still couldn't find the net.

3. Wotton. Really not that good.

4. Hammill. We've finally found the answer to a question that has plagued mankind for centuries, 'who ate all the pie!'

I can't believe you didn't include O' Halloran. Made Ali Dia look a class act.

I can't believe you didn't include O' Halloran. Made Ali Dia look a class act.

I said I didn't include players like Bacon Sarmi and Tejera who barely (if ever) played. Otherwise yes, everyone's list would be just Sarmi, Tejera, St Juste, SO'H and Mettomo.

O'Halloran actually played though unlike the others.

I feel Folly was much worse than Wright. I watched every singke one of his games for us plus the games for Wednesday and Plymouth against us and never seen him make a tackle. Total pants. Wright had some very good games at CM and despite a few shockers at right back (Colchester away springs to mind) he got far too much abuse IMO and showed what a true pro he was by playing throuigh the boos and having some fantastic games at right back. Brilliant in the air.

Edited by Chez

how can you say BWP is worse than Hammil? God I hated him as a player for us, such a disappointment

Hammill flattered to deceive but was almost exclusively played on the wrong wing by Whisky George. BWP has had 2 and a half years of being in the main, abysmal with poor attitude and on £8k a week allegedly so he is worthy of his place I feel.

ok well in my opinion, bale was poor. Hear me out, but he was a left-back, who had no positional sense at all, and couldn't mark to save his life! Unless i'm very much mistaken, these are two of the key abilities for a full-back? If he concentrated more on his defence than his hairstyle then he'd be a much better player. Don't get me wrong, hugely talented player who has potentially a great future in the game...just not at left-back and everytime i saw him i got worried when their right winger got the ball.

Best:

Niemi, Baird, Jones, Walcott and Guthrie

Worst:

Powell, Wright, Pericard, O'Halloran, Matthew Patterson

ok well in my opinion, bale was poor. Hear me out, but he was a left-back, who had no positional sense at all, and couldn't mark to save his life! Unless i'm very much mistaken, these are two of the key abilities for a full-back? If he concentrated more on his defence than his hairstyle then he'd be a much better player. Don't get me wrong, hugely talented player who has potentially a great future in the game...just not at left-back and everytime i saw him i got worried when their right winger got the ball.

Best:

Niemi, Baird, Jones, Walcott and Guthrie

Worst:

Powell, Wright, Pericard, O'Halloran, Matthew Patterson

Yeah, like Bale said 'I really, really, really want to play left back, and if you won't let me play there I'm going back to Mum'.

He was an OK LB, certainly a better LB than any we have at present, and he was/is a very, very good player. Which is what the question kinda asked.

And it seems to me he pays absolutely no attention whatsoever to his hairstyle - but maybe it looks very modern in NZ.

Best 5 - Bale, K Jones, R Wright (although Kelvin has been great this season), Walcott, A Davies

Worst 5 - crikey, so many to pick from....- J Wright, McGoldrick, Makin, Wotton and Pekhart.

Pele could go in the top 5 as a DM but he would be the top pick in the worst 5 as a CB. That display V Derby when it really mattered still haunts me, Nick Holmes could have loaned us one of his YTS CB's and they wouldn't have done any worse against Steve Howard.

Most sparkling performances over a short time -

Bale, Walcott, Saga, Guthrie, A Davies

Worst performances (ignoring better ones afterwards if relevant)

J Wright, Makin, Bennett, K Davis, Pericard

Many others worthy of mention, but we've had so many players it's hard to pick people on the basis of a lot of games as there have been few who've stayed around long enough.

Powell has to be in everyones list as I can hardly think of a worst player than him - what a terrible waste of a signing and wages. I was gobsmacked when we renewed his contract.

I remember in a pre-season game at Eastleigh where we trialled that giant that went to Bristol City? Powell spent all game moaning and groaning at defenders when he did bugger all himself and was outshone by part timers.

Notable mentions again to Hammill who jinked and stepped over as good as Mr Wu and just about as much end product goalwise. To be fair to GB he did send him on to the right a few times but the plumb was so fat he couldnt get across the pitch to take up his position.

Lancashire is young but has been abysmal in games I have seen him and far too lightweight for this league.

Jermaine in midfield was atrocious but half decent at right back.

Pericard was like a tortoise on valium, couldn't be arsed to chase or do anything for his wages.

Good Players

Kenwyne

Theo

Bale

Baird

Stern ( a real goalscorer)