Maybe Katarina has better plans for the club than NC had

berkshiresaint

Here is what Luke Shaw's dad has tweeted. Make your minds up if it supports your own individual arguments.

@paul_shaw3: So disappointed with Southampton fc owners.....

@paul_shaw3: “@ReganAtk: @paul_shaw3 Why? A Chairman isn't the football club. The players, staff and fans are.”not many have his vision.

@paul_shaw3: @TractorSaint we have been at saints for 10 years and seen a lot so yes I can have a opinion....

@paul_shaw3: “@SimonPeach: Fantastic day wandering around Munich. Did I miss much while I was away?”no mate very quiet here!!!!!

@paul_shaw3: “@SaintsFCFanZone: @paul_shaw3 it's football!”so it is and that's why we r all so passionate...

He looks and sounds like an absolute retard.

When was the last time you laughed your balls off (or even noticed) when a chairman of another club left?

Portsmouth doesn't count.

Cortese wasn't just any old chairman. He sold the club and his vision to many, including the manager and playing staff. The vision didn't come from Ms Liebherr that's for sure. What annoys me is that this decision has been made because of personal reasons, not for the good of the club. Getting rid of Cortese now is the equivalent of performing a lobotomy - no brain is now in control, no brain is now guiding the strategy.

Cortese wasn't just any old chairman. He sold the club and his vision to many' date=' including the manager and playing staff. The vision didn't come from Ms Liebherr that's for sure. [b']What annoys me is that this decision has been made because of personal reasons, not for the good of the club.[/b] Getting rid of Cortese now is the equivalent of performing a lobotomy - no brain is now in control, no brain is now guiding the strategy.

Has it? What personal reasons are they?

How would I know if they are personal? They obviously are personal though unless you know better which I seriously doubt

So you're saying that its definitely not a business reason (or reasons) that Cortese left today? Only a personal reason can be the explanation?

I would of thought that Luke shaw would be following his dad on twitter are you sure it's his dad??

I other words back it up with a source / link or STFU

Also on another story have you see who luke is following, likes is cam girls that boy, proper babe station follower

Oi - he follows my daughter :x

Why on earth would any of you even consider for one second that the over privileged daughter of a billionaire would have any clue about running any kind of a business whatsoever? She is basically a lardy Paris Hilton.

Maybe (and I'm guessing here), just maybe, being a billionaire, she can afford to recruit some very well paid, very competent advisors who do actually know what they're doing. You don't really think she'll be actually doing the job herself, do you??

Maybe (and I'm guessing here), just maybe, being a billionaire, she can afford to recruit some very well paid, very competent advisors who do actually know what they're doing. You don't really think she'll be actually doing the job herself, do you??

What a load of old shyte - she had someone competent in the job already - if she had a clue she would have left well alone. It is quite clear she has no other goal than to sell the club for the highest available price without the first thought for the long term future of the club, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

What a load of old shyte - she had someone competent in the job already - if she had a clue she would have left well alone. It is quite clear she has no other goal than to sell the club for the highest available price without the first thought for the long term future of the club, anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.
:lol: Great insight from the new forum sage :lol:

Although. I would have put it in a nicer way, I have to agree with you. Cortese was raising the value of the club, no reason for her to get involved unless she wants to sell

OK then, clever clogs. Give us your detailed appraisal of the facts that leads you to this conclusion. Facts, that is, not conjecture, speculation, supposition or guesswork derived from conclusions that eminate from your febrile imagination.

OK then, clever clogs. Give us your detailed appraisal of the facts that leads you to this conclusion. Facts, that is, not conjecture, speculation, supposition or guesswork derived from conclusions that eminate from your febrile imagination.

No. I will just give my opinion, happy to be judged on it. We will see.

All he was, was a smartly dressed Italian playing with borrowed toys and from the outside it looks to me very much like he forgot who owned his favourite toy and they had enough so put him back in his place. He's made a massive deal out of putting in place the structures to support the long term future of the club and now we will find out just how well he did.

The speculation about KL in this thread is hilarious would love to know what people would be saying if she had turned out to be a sharply dressed leggy blonde! Business woman or not it's her money and her club get used to it, fingers crossed she has a plan but wether she does or not her old mans fortune (not Cortese) bought us a great period of history for the club there will be ups and downs in the future but we will still have a club which will still be around long after this incident is forgotten.

My thoughts

KL wanted NC to stay.

Non Exec's are very common in most large companies

IF I was the owner I would want to know what was going on in MY business. Having reached a level we are now at, perhaps I would want more than a set of Financials and an email asking for more funds (n.b. NO idea what the reporting process was)

NC will find it INCREDIBLY difficult to find another position where he is total master of his own destiny UNLESS he has his own money and clearly tried every trick in the book to keep control

KL turning up at Summer training and WANTING to be involved is the Rat in the Kitchen. Surely if she simply wanted to have "more control" over NC she would have done that in a meeting? Actually going to watch pre-season tour stuff, hell only TRULY dedicated fans (and local like Alps) plan their summer trips to watch pre-season....

So why?

1) She thought NC was out of control (unlikely as she clearly made attempts to keep him)

2) She wanted NC to make the club ready to sell (Well, yes the PR campaign these past months certainly raised the profile, but seemed more NC focused than Club focused so my take is that was him trying to influence her (or her advisors) to back off)

3) She actually has caught the bug in the same way as her father and found it to be more interesting and fun than being a traditional Swiss Business Person

Time will tell.

I have a sneaking feeling it may be the latter which COULD be good news.

Some of the non-repeatable scuttlebut out there about possible new owners who MIGHT be interested is as daft as Paul Allens Yacht or Riquelme signing for the skates and totally not worth even guessing at, but somehow as KL does not NEED the money I don't see her selling her Father's dream to a dodgy numpty.

But we may have to change our name/shirt colour yadda yadda yadda yeah right, most produced by skates or jealous bompey fans who can't decide which end to sit in for their cup match no doubt.

All he was, was a smartly dressed Italian playing with borrowed toys and from the outside it looks to me very much like he forgot who owned his favourite toy and they had enough so put him back in his place. He's made a massive deal out of putting in place the structures to support the long term future of the club and now we will find out just how well he did.

The speculation about KL in this thread is hilarious would love to know what people would be saying if she had turned out to be a sharply dressed leggy blonde! Business woman or not it's her money and her club get used to it, fingers crossed she has a plan but wether she does or not her old mans fortune (not Cortese) bought us a great period of history for the club there will be ups and downs in the future but we will still have a club which will still be around long after this incident is forgotten.

But, most of us on here have been very "careful" about that. Those structures and ideas were already sitting in a Filing Cabinet at SMS in Rupert's old office. He never had the MONEY to really implement them. (Or the correct decision making processes)

Academy & Clive Woodward and Department Heads vs Academy Les Reed and Department heads PLUS money.

The rest could have been plucked from any Business Plan on the planet including Swansea's

YES NC was able to IMPLEMENT and had started to deliver and made many many GOOD decisions (compared to Rupert) and stands head and shoulders above him.

If he is part of a consortium to buy the club from KL then he would need to resign as it would be a conflict of interest to negotiate a deal while still chairman

Are you sure? Management buyouts are hardly a new thing and a Cortese-led consortium surely would be a similar thing - and all the equity is Liebherr's anyway so it would be up to them (her) to look after the family's interest.

Cortese's last spat with KL was in the summer transfer window and before that investment at Staplewood appeared to have stumbled for a while. Now he resigns in the January transfer window, so it seems pretty clear that there has been an issue about nvestment and vision since ML died. My guess is that there was probably some kind of gentleman's agreement between NC & ML for Cortese to eventually become (at least) a part owner - an Italian banker running an English football club just for salary never seemed a likely proposition.

I think it likely that KL has probably demanded too much for the club, Cortese (and his possible backers) think the price should be lower on the basis that the added value has been brought by Cortese's efforts, so he's hacked off about that.

Remember too that NC/ML played a waiting game before they bought the club - they wanted it at the right price. It paid off for NC then, maybe he's trying the same tactic again, trying not to look too keen to buy. However if MP does also quit it might indicate that NC and his backers have finally walked, that KL has been too intransigent on the price.

It did make me laugh when people said KL would sell because she isn't interested in football. I suppose that must mean she is interested in locomotives, cranes and other heavy engineering. Mind you from the photo of her I can see why that might be the case.

Are you sure? Management buyouts are hardly a new thing and a Cortese-led consortium surely would be a similar thing - and all the equity is Liebherr's anyway so it would be up to them (her) to look after the family's interest.

Cortese's last spat with KL was in the summer transfer window and before that investment at Staplewood appeared to have stumbled for a while. Now he resigns in the January transfer window, so it seems pretty clear that there has been an issue about nvestment and vision since ML died. My guess is that there was probably some kind of gentleman's agreement between NC & ML for Cortese to eventually become (at least) a part owner - an Italian banker running an English football club just for salary never seemed a likely proposition.

I think it likely that KL has probably demanded too much for the club, Cortese (and his possible backers) think the price should be lower on the basis that the added value has been brought by Cortese's efforts, so he's hacked off about that.

Remember too that NC/ML played a waiting game before they bought the club - they wanted it at the right price. It paid off for NC then, maybe he's trying the same tactic again, trying not to look too keen to buy. However if MP does also quit it might indicate that NC and his backers have finally walked, that KL has been too intransigent on the price.

It did make me laugh when people said KL would sell because she isn't interested in football. I suppose that must mean she is interested in locomotives, cranes and other heavy engineering. Mind you from the photo of her I can see why that might be the case.

How'd you know? This is pure speculation.

Maybe we should lay off of the personal insults towards the person who owns our club and has the future of it in her hands? Just a thought...

Totally agree what does it matter what she looks like, give the lady a chance I hope for one that she comes in and does a good job and makes her Dad proud.

How'd you know? This is pure speculation.

Well done in spotting speculation. Have a house point.

The words 'it seems', 'I think', 'my guess is', 'probably' and 'might indicate' wouldn't have made that crystal clear then?

But if you think no one can speculate I suggest you ask for all discussion threads to be closed forthwith.

Have to agree; I dont see her running the club for long..

KL appears to enjoy her privacy and to the best of my knowledge has no interest in football. Prior to 2010 her only connection to SFC was that her father had adopted the club as a pastime and distraction as he fought and lost his battle with liver disease.

Now, I’m sure that KL loved her father every bit as much as I loved mine. My father’s pastime and distraction as he fought and lost his battle with liver disease was darts. When he died, I didn’t take up darts as some sort of tribute to him, but I did polish up a set of his arrows and a couple of his trophies and left them on a shelf. But, as we all know, you can’t polish up a football club and just leave it on a shelf – without continuous investment a football club soon falls to pieces.

KL is also a business woman. Business people rarely end up owning football clubs unless they are passionate supporters, limelight addicts, money burners, half mad, or distraction seekers. To the best of my knowledge KL is none of these.

Consider the above and ask yourself the following question: could there really have been a more inappropriate inheritance for KL than that of SFC?

The surprising thing to me is that KL didn’t sell SFC immediately she took control, and I suspect the reason she didn’t is that Cortese convinced her of the club’s potential. That potential has now largely been realised, but not without substantial further investment – few club’s stock has risen as much as SFC’s in the last few years, but few clubs have spent as much. Has that investment come from KL or from a fund set aside by her father for the sole use of SFC? I suspect the latter, and I also suspect that source of investment has been exhausted.

Last March someone with connections in the business world told me that SFC had been discretely sounding out potential buyers; I have no reason to doubt what he said. All things considered, I shall be extremely surprised if KL is still in control of SFC next season.

With the money the Liebherrs have pumped in transfers,development of the training etc etc would they make a lot back from it? surely if they get us to the level we were aiming at (european football) the value of the club will be higher?

Just out of interest what do people think we will be worth on the market?

If he is part of a consortium to buy the club from KL then he would need to resign as it would be a conflict of interest to negotiate a deal while still chairman

I'd love to believe that this was true but would he have gone in quite such a disruptive way if that were the case? I cannot see what KL is getting out of this since she has taken almost no interest in the performance of the team since Markus' death. She denies wanting to sell but what exactly is she trying to do?

Fulham were sold for well over 100 Million. Look at our assets on the pitch. A tidy bunch worth over £100 Million at least. A good investment. However, who would you prefer owning the club, the Liebherr's or someone like Tan at Cardiff. I know who I'd chose. Germans have a knack of executing strategies well.