What has gone wrong?

Glasgow_Saint

Our worst run of results for over 4 years - and Im a skate and a wum for questioning?

Yet another lie.

Our results after 18 first games last year was W4 D4 L10.

If you´re gonna use statistics, use them correctly, just a friendly advice.

Yet another lie.

Our results after 18 first games last year was W4 D4 L10.

If you´re gonna use statistics, use them correctly, just a friendly advice.

GS will pick a selection of results to fit the agenda. Hiding behind the 'im only asking questions' lie. Shameful that he is allowed to still post. The first poster in all the years of being on here i want removed andv that includes Corp Ho who at least had the decentcy to admit to being a Skate

A run that led to the manager being sacked.....

But a similar run of poor results cant be discussed?

nothing wrong with it being discussed but constantly changing threads with your agenda is what it is all about.We all know your position, you wish to destabilise with your posting of rumour and lie

nothing wrong with it being discussed but constantly changing threads with your agenda is what it is all about.We all know your position, you wish to destabilise with your posting of rumour and lie

He can't help it. He comes across as being a bit simple.

Hence the "whats gone wrong" not "what the hell" thread...

Our form over the last 18 is relegation form - our form at the start was top 3....

Whats gone wrong?

Still no answers then?

Do you SUPPORT Saints?

Do you watch us play?

The Cup loss is a red herring in the analysis of our collapse in form. It was merely a symptom, not the cause.

before the sunderland game we were unbeaten in 8. Since then we've lost 3. Form is all about momentum, we lost it at Sunderland.

First 11 games

W6 D4 L1

Goals against 5

Last 17

W4 D5 L8

Goals against 30

Out of both cups

Over performed at the start by hitting the ground running when others did not, under performed later when others adapted to our pressing style. Now we are where we should be, win some, lose some, draw some, (mid-table) as our tactical, limitations become more evident as other teams have settled down and enforce their own styles on us. We should have moved on but did not, whilst others did.

before the sunderland game we were unbeaten in 8. Since then we've lost 3. Form is all about momentum, we lost it at Sunderland.

Whereas last year we got dumped out of the Cup in the 3rd round and used the free weekend after that for a nice jolly to Barcelona. Can't do well in all competitions when you have an effective squad the size of ours. Look at Hull on Saturday, literally got taken apart by Newcastle, no energy, no envy, probably because of the effort needed to travel to Brighton and back for the cup game on the previous monday.

Can't do well in all competitions when you have an effective squad the size of ours. Look at Hull on Saturday, literally got taken apart by Newcastle, no energy, no envy, probably because of the effort needed to travel to Brighton and back for the cup game on the previous monday.

Hull stuffed Cardiff 4-0 (away) just 5 days after the trip to Brighton???

Exactly. You can't pick and choose which games you're going to turn up for. Winning is a habit, and so is losing. Once you get used to it you stop caring any more.

Exactly. You can't pick and choose which games you're going to turn up for. Winning is a habit, and so is losing. Once you get used to it you stop caring any more.

We should have sent the U21s to Sunderland, who knows they might even have won. We would certainly have seen what they're worth...if anything.

I am at a lost why someone who admittedly posts a lot of negative stuff should still be accused of trying to destabilise. He doesn't like MP for reasons I assume to be genuine (if not misplaced imo) so he is entitled to back that up without being accused of being a Pompey fan or trying to start a revolution. I don't agree with him Nick but there has got to be room on this forum for opposing views without shrieks of "you must be a skate" or in my case "you have an agenda". Just what are people afraid of? This is hardly 1916 Russia.

I am at a lost why someone who admittedly posts a lot of negative stuff should still be accused of trying to destabilise. He doesn't like MP for reasons I assume to be genuine (if not misplaced imo) so he is entitled to back that up without being accused of being a Pompey fan or trying to start a revolution. I don't agree with him Nick but there has got to be room on this forum for opposing views without shrieks of "you must be a skate" or in my case "you have an agenda". Just what are people afraid of? This is hardly 1916 Russia.

Yes, this.

The abuse being handed out to those who dont toe the party line is getting utterly ridiculous at the moment.

Doesn't like MP or Gaston, didn't like Osvaldo or Cortese. Bit of a trend showing up there don't you think.

Probably loves Yorkshire Pudding, Haggis and the Daily Expresss though.

But....didn´t we play our reserves at Sunderland so why did the first XI get a habit of losing out of that game....??

We didn't play enough of our reserves against Sunderland, I'd have sent the U21s up there, all of them, they have to get used to real football at some time or other and until we try the Turnbulls,Moores and Stevenses in a real game we have no idea what they're worth. Don't really understand our U21 policy, we cream off those who are obviously good at 18 and just let the others waste away with the "development squad" then we ship them out without ever knowing what they could do. Those that have been given a realistic chance haven't let us down and yet it's restricted to a few exceptional talents.

Our worst run of results for over 4 years - and Im a skate and a wum for questioning?

Now I've seen it all. Let's ignore the fact that 2009-12 we were one of the biggest clubs in L1 and the Championship with a strong side winning a lot of games. The start to last season was hardly great either remember. So this stretch of losing 3 games, despite the fact we were unbeaten for quite a few beforehand, becomes a crisis now? I'm as peed off as you at the Sunderland game but some of your posts, and the volume of them, are winding up a large number of posters on this forum, along with 2 or 3 of the other usual suspects. I doubt you are a Pompey fan as some suggest and you clearly want MP gone. Fine, the majority don't me included but there's a difference between stating your view and saturating every thread with nonsense like this.

Hence the "whats gone wrong" not "what the hell" thread...

Our form over the last 18 is relegation form - our form at the start was top 3....

Whats gone wrong?

So what do you think has gone wrong? What is your take on the injuries that hit us in November and which have only just now (last Saturday) finally played out (and even now Vic and Lovren are nothing like the players they were pre-injury). What are your thoughts on the Osvaldo issue? How do you feel about the lack of depth of strikers partly, but not completely caused by this issue? There are many factors that have contributed to a perception that you have that something has gone wrong. But has anything really gone wrong that cannot be explained by, for example a serious injury crisis. We had and still have a first XI that is capable of beating any team in the League when they are all playing and fully fit, but take 2 or 3 of those players out and our squad is threadbare, and the Osvaldo factor just made things worse, because one of those who is clearly not fully fit is our only main striker. It will be interesting to see how we do over the next few weeks now that we have our full team back, assuming that Lovren and Wanyama can get back to their pre-injury form (which is not a given). Last year we had very little in the way of significant injuries, except for a long absence for Lallana. I still think we will struggle because we do not have options up front. That is something we should have addressed in January but I can see that with the Osvaldo situation it may have been very difficult to achieve so late in the day. We have to address this in the Summer, but for now we are stuck with what we have.

You are a troll/wum not because you question things and post interminable negative claptrap but because you offer nothing to show what you think are the issues and how they could have been resolved. You offer stats that suit your agenda which is simply to belittle evrything that happens at Saints, the hallmark of someone who does not actually support Saints. I don't think you are a Skate, no idea who your allegiance is with (Bournemouth perhaps?).

IF a Pompey fan decided to post on here to wind up Saints fans, how would they go about it and would you be able to tell the difference between them doing so and one or two posters on here?

Hunches aside, we've no proof that the likes of Glasgow Saint aren't Saints fans, but how does one go about telling the difference...? Wouldn't an incognito Pompey fan (for example) constantly put a negative slant on everything if they were posting on here (with the odd dash of positivity thrown in here and there to put people off the scent)?

Edited by trousers

IF a Pompey fan decided to post on here to wind up Saints fans, how would they go about it and would you be able to tell the difference between them doing so and one or two posters on here?

Hunches aside, we've no proof that the likes of Glasgow Saint aren't Saints fans, but how does one go about telling the difference...? Wouldn't an incognito Pompey fan (for example) constantly put a negative slant on everything if they were posting on here (with the odd dash of positivity thrown in here and there to put people off the scent)?

Which is why I said I have spare ticket to the Norwich game.

Come along GS. I may even convert you to SUPPORTING the Saints.

Doesn't like MP or Gaston, didn't like Osvaldo or Cortese. Bit of a trend showing up there don't you think.

Probably loves Yorkshire Pudding, Haggis and the Daily Expresss though.

Well if he is a troll or a WUM then good riddance but sometimes those with the non conformists or non "toeing the party line" views get lumped into those categories. Sometimes on this forum it is regarded as heresy if you don't give 100% unwavering support to the current regime. I don't agree with him re MP, I think it would be madness to get rid of him but GS has got to be entitled to his views, although he does post far too much on the same subject, which is one reason he gets people's backs up I guess.

Well if he is a troll or a WUM then good riddance but sometimes those with the non conformists or non "toeing the party line" views get lumped into those categories. Sometimes on this forum it is regarded as heresy if you don't give 100% unwavering support to the current regime. I don't agree with him re MP, I think it would be madness to get rid of him but GS has got to be entitled to his views, although he does post far too much on the same subject, which is one reason he gets people's backs up I guess.
we all know your opinions and are quite opposed to min and others, but you dont do it on every thread and at times we have common ground. GS is either doing it because he wants to somehow become a 'personality or well known' or is Pompey fan wanting to stir things up, either way he is a negative on here. You do have your moments but would not be seen as a troll

Still more than happy with the Saints.

More than enjoyed the season so far.

Great credit to all those concerned..

Pity about some of the results...but will easily be pleased with a few more wins in the coming games.

COYS:)

Before you say anything Alpine:p

Yes..I am easily pleased and a true HAPPY CLAPPER........SO NO MORE ABUSE PLEASE.:D

OR I will take your opinion away from you and give it to someone less stroppy.:p

Edited by ottery st mary

Which is why I said I have spare ticket to the Norwich game.

Come along GS. I may even convert you to SUPPORTING the Saints.

Very generous invite - much appreciated.

Unfortunatley I have a dinner date at http://thekitchin.com/ (mates birthday) on the Saturday and a Golf tournament here http://www.marhall.com/golf/the-earl-of-mar.aspx?gclid=CNSemr-H-bwCFaoewwodtpwA6g on the Sunday.

That’s a definite maybe - down in Bournemouth one weekend in April for a christening.

Will let you know. Again appreciate the offer. Only managed one live game this season (Man U away) and watched all others online.

Let me know and I'll bag you a ticket.