Chambers

Ashley Grute

Agreed - was outstanding tonight and looked like he had Suarez in his pocket all game.

I wouldn't go that far but a couple of times he snuffed out very dangerous situations with intelligent defending. Surez scored one, set one up and won the pen for the third so to say he had him in his pocket is a stretch. He did play well though and defensively he was very good and is at least as good as Clyne, still think Clyne gives us more going forward.

Edited by Turkish

I fully expect Clyne to put in a transfer request this summer.

Agree - must be kicking himself. Reckon an England call up was in the bag had Clyne played more regularly over the past few months. He hasnt put a foot wrong, though his crossing/passing at times has been erratic. Still not seen Chambers provide the same attacking threat as Clyne.

He was terrific today - I would like to see him pushed up to midfield, partly to accommodate Clyne and partly to see what he could do in the role Steve Davis has been occupying.

I'd like to see it the opposite way round. We don't have the right balance on that side of the pitch. Clyne can score goals and deliver good crosses aswell as being able to beat his man, so why not try him in the advanced role ?

One of my main concerns too; he is such a quality player, only 22? And while CC's development has been outstanding, I just wish both lads could have been accommodated more; probably by pushing Chambers further forward.

He was terrific today - I would like to see him pushed up to midfield, partly to accommodate Clyne and partly to see what he could do in the role Steve Davis has been occupying.

One of my main concerns too; he is such a quality player, only 22? And while CC's development has been outstanding, I just wish both lads could have been accommodated more; probably by pushing Chambers further forward.
Don't see why we don't start mixing it up a bit, try a few different line ups,tactics, positions for players, we've got nothing to play for and are getting beat anyway, so won't ever get a better opportunity to try a few things out.

Said this before but I wouldn't imbed betting that Clyne starts at LB next season when Shaw goes. If Chambers keeps going into next season he will be in the same position as Shaw I reckon this time next year with big clubs sniffing around. Saying that I thought Glen Johnson looked pretty good yesterday

Said this before but I wouldn't imbed betting that Clyne starts at LB next season when Shaw goes. If Chambers keeps going into next season he will be in the same position as Shaw I reckon this time next year with big clubs sniffing around. Saying that I thought Glen Johnson looked pretty good yesterday
would Clyne really want to be playing left back every single week? If we do sell Shaw this summer we're going to get a ton of money, enough to buy a pretty decent standard left back.

I've been saying the same thing. League position is safe so give Chambers as much experience as possible now. Keep playing Shaw to boost up his fee. Clyne automatic choice for LB next year. Despite Shaw being the current media darling Clyne is the best full back out of the 3 of them, can't think of any other logical reason why he's spending time on the bench.

Agree....he was one of the few stand-out players yesterday in a disappointing performance, but I'm sure Roy has him in his notebook for the " after World Cup " re-organisation that will surely come.

It's still amazing to me that we have four players in an England squad, but too much to hope that Calum would come further....(when you consider that Luke is in his second season already)....and just got in.

.and that Roy had the courage to select four players from a team that isn't even in the top 6.

We can only hope that Roy's tenure as England manager is sufficiently long enough to let our present " starlets " develop into good class Prem.players...because IF he ( Roy) were to go...his replacement would be back to choosing the squad from the " big London clubs " again - even though they don't impress as well.

Saying that I thought Glen Johnson looked pretty good yesterday
really? I thought he was woeful, all be it played totally out of position. A mate of mine in the Liverpool end thought he had a good game to. Which stand were you sat in. It can make a difference when evaluating players in games.

When Shaw suffered a slight knock yesterday Clyne was immediately told to warm up just in case he was needed. I wonder if Luke Shaw leaves in the summer - and I don't know if he will - then we may just be planning to make Clyne at LB and Chambers at RB a permanent arrangement perhaps.

When Shaw suffered a slight knock yesterday Clyne was immediately told to warm up just in case he was needed. I wonder if Luke Shaw leaves in the summer - and I don't know if he will - then we may just be planning to make Clyne at LB and Chambers at RB a permanent arrangement perhaps.
It's not impossible, but pretty unlikely and I can't imagine very appealing for Clyne. If we sell Shaw we'll buy a decent left-back replacement.

If you are playing well every week MP will not drop you

A lot of you said the same about Cork and now look VW can't get a sniff,some people forget it's a squad not a team I am sure Clyne will get his chance soon enough

I wouldn't go that far but a couple of times he snuffed out very dangerous situations with intelligent defending. Surez scored one, set one up and won the pen for the third so to say he had him in his pocket is a stretch. He did play well though and defensively he was very good and is at least as good as Clyne, still think Clyne gives us more going forward.

None of the goals had anything to do with Chambers or even came from his side of the pitch. My point being that whenever he was faced with Suarez he coped admirably.