One win against top 10 sides ALL SEASON

Glasgow_Saint

Ive started approx 300 threads in 7 years... Thats way less than 1 thread per week.

Take away the match threads, match reactions and build up threads and i average one new thread every 3-4 weeks, hardly excessive.

Same on the posting side... I average 3-4 posts per day (excl match threads). Enough to avoid if people really wanted too.

I get accused of people leaving the forum.... But no examples. The reality is people actually join because of me.... Look at goatboy for example, he only signed up so he could go toe to toe ;)

It's true! I think I'm a little bit in love.

It's past the point of banning him for trolling now, the mods have let it go on too long. When 90% of your users complain about one person who's constantly starting the same threads over and over again, there's an issue that needs sorting out. GS was the first person to make my Ignore list, but there's little point in actually having him on Ignore because he is f*cking everywhere.

The reality is he's ruining the forum for a lot of people, myself included, and it's a shame because i've been using this forum and its past versions for nearly a decade now and never encountered such a complete and utter thunderc*nt. This isn't a democracy Steve, just ban the moron and maybe people will moan at you less and make your job a bit easier.

I've started approx 300 threads in 7 years... Thats way less than 1 thread per week.
More than 50 this year, ( just to be clear that is in 2014 ).

Take away the match threads, match reactions and build up threads and i average one new thread every 3-4 weeks, hardly excessive.
37 this year. ( and wrt match threads, who died and left you in charge ? ). Edited by badgerx16

Ive started approx 300 threads in 7 years... Thats way less than 1 thread per week.

Same on the posting side... I average 3-4 posts per day (excl match threads). Enough to avoid if people really wanted too.

I get accused of people leaving the forum.... But no examples. The reality is people actually join because of me.... Look at goatboy for example, he only signed up so he could go toe to toe ;)

What about your other logins and when you used to be Bournemouth Saint?

Youre talking about your Thread: Time to cash in on Jack Cork? Arent you mate ;)

Please point to what post I´ve bumped that thread?

But I admit that one was a mistake....to even consider the thought that some club would bid £7-8m.....what was I smoking back in the summer....:scared:

More than 50 this year, ( just to be clear that is in 2014 ).

37 this year. ( and wrt match threads, who died and left you in charge ? ).

I find these stats a bit worrying.

GS, just think how much you could be making for the clients of your investment team, if you would only dedicate a little less time to your beloved Saints.

I find these stats a bit worrying.

GS, just think how much you could be making for the clients of your investment team, if you would only dedicate a little less time to your beloved Saints.

I've heard he works for Barclays Wealth - knowing them like I do I am really surprised he's allowed to get away with so much time on the internet.

I get accused of people leaving the forum.... But no examples.

OK, if everyone that has left the forum because of GS could post now that would show him a thing or two.

Oh wait...

One of the reasons that a team who is 8th in the league has only won once or twice against teams in the top 10 is because they are 8th in the league. This really is one of the more moronic questions. Thats what league tables tend to show over the course of the season, thought there are exceptions. For example Man Utd have only beaten 2 teams in the Top 10 this season, and one of those was Villa, currently 10th. In a surprising turn up Man Utd are one place above us. Newcastle have 4 wins against top 10 sides, though two of them were against Villa. Chelsea on the other hand have won 10 times against top 10 teams, and surprisingly enough are top of the league. Liverpool 7, Arsenal 6, Man City in 4th have won 8. So you see it is quite simple, if you win more games against the top teams you will tend to be higher in the league. There are always exceptions, but this is nearly a self evident truth. Funny old game.

OK, if everyone that has left the forum because of GS could post now that would show him a thing or two.

Oh wait...

One of the reasons that a team who is 8th in the league has only won once or twice against teams in the top 10 is because they are 8th in the league. This really is one of the more moronic questions. Thats what league tables tend to show over the course of the season, thought there are exceptions. For example Man Utd have only beaten 2 teams in the Top 10 this season, and one of those was Villa, currently 10th. In a surprising turn up Man Utd are one place above us. Newcastle have 4 wins against top 10 sides, though two of them were against Villa. Chelsea on the other hand have won 10 times against top 10 teams, and surprisingly enough are top of the league. Liverpool 7, Arsenal 6, Man City in 4th have won 8. So you see it is quite simple, if you win more games against the top teams you will tend to be higher in the league. There are always exceptions, but this is nearly a self evident truth. Funny old game.

Logic is pretty sound, but every club in the prem league has at least 1 win against the top 10 sides. We have just one win, which is on par with Crystal palace and worse than a number of the bottom clubs

Logic is pretty sound, but every club in the prem league has at least 1 win against the top 10 sides. We have just one win, which is on par with Crystal palace and worse than a number of the bottom clubs

Is your point that it would be much better if we could beat some more of the top 10 sides?

Results can be twisted in many ways - Newcastle have lost 6 games against the bottom 6, whereas we have only lost 2. There is only one table that matters and in that we are 8th.

I like a bit of Glasgow_Saint pessimism... Gets the rest of you all riled up, makes for an inevitable pointless but entertaining stream of nonsense. Makes me feel better about my life ;-)

But it's not even pessimism - more like lightweight and inflammatory clap trap; with the occasional put down thrown in, eg Mo Po, Guly etc.

Considering we are a team in upper mid-table it makes sense that there will be certain elements of our season that aren't particularly good. Whether it's a poor run of form at the start, middle or end of the season, or results against the top sides or the bottom (as it was last season). In reality, this is just a manifestation of a general worry of how we are going to move up the table to be higher than 8th in the future, and not an unwarranted one - that's a good question to ask. I don't think that there is anything wrong with our attitude/tactics against the top sides - some of the performances have deserved more. Self-evidently they are better than us and therefore are more likely to beat us than the teams lower down the table. Our record against them is probably worse than you might expect, but it was better than we might have expected last season, and both are in line with standard deviation for upper and lower mid-table respectively.

For what it's worth I think that a few more good signings to add some more class and depth to our squad would serve us very well next season and allow us to spread the workload. We have been unlucky this year in that Ramirez and Osvaldo (two players I was expecting to contribute a great deal more than they have) have been largely unavailable, and that has placed a good deal of pressure on our three England forwards, and I attribute Lambert's drop in form, at least in part, to this.

Surely the main point is that a lot of our matches against the top teams were when Boruc and Wanyama were out injured! Our supreme defensive record in the early part of the season, fell apart when those two were on the treatment table. It's a problem of having a small squad and might be vaguely related to the fact that we were in league one a few seasons ago and are still trying to re-balance the squad..........

If we were any good at beating the top half sides we'd be contesting for a CL spot. It's obviously an undeniable weakness, but at the end of the day there are several teams in the league who are better than us, hence why we get beaten by them more often than not. Of course, we've shown we can compete with the best sides in the league, but it is always going to be difficult until we continue to spend big for a few seasons. So we can hardly moan at such stats, it's kind of expected really. The season we become capable of picking up 6-7 wins over a season against the top 6/7 sides whilst maintaining a good record against bottom half sides,is the season we will probably have made it to the 'next level'. Is it possible? I'd say doubtful, but there is a small chance

Match by match, this season has not thrown up many surprises. Whenever we have come up against a big team, I have hoped that we would turn them over but despite playing consistently well all season, we have failed to really get that big result. Don't get me wrong, Liverpool away was a great result but I would have liked one or two more, even if we had lost a couple of the easier games we were expected to win. Hopefully we can get a couple of big results in the last 8 games. Tottenham and Man Utd please.