One win against top 10 sides ALL SEASON

Glasgow_Saint

We have just 1 won against teams currently above us this season!

BOTTOM of the table Fulham have 7 wins against teams above them!

In summary, the club BOTTOM of the table have won SEVEN times as many games as teams above them as we have. Shocking statistics when you take the time to analyse it.

In summary, the club BOTTOM of the table have won SEVEN times as many games as teams above them as we have. Shocking statistics when you take the time to analyse it.

Fans are desperate for consistency, we are vey consistent. We beat the teams worse than us and lose to those better. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Edited by Chez

Very good, haha

(Assuming it's satire...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fans are desperate for consistency, we are vey consistent. We beat the teams worse than us and lose to those better. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Nor me. This is all getting a bit boring, too many people keep trying to pick holes and discover stats to tell us what a supposedly poor side we are. If we started winning against most of the top 10 sides we'd be challenging for the title, that's not going to happen is it.

Thread "points dropped from winning positions" locked by mods because negativity cannot and will not be discussed on here anymore

Pedantry alert - You cannot lose points from a winning position, you can lose a game from a position of holding the lead but the worst case scenario is that you finish the game with the same number of points you started it with.

Mob rule....

Thread "points dropped from winning positions" locked by mods because negativity cannot and will not be discussed on here anymore

your point can be made without a new thread, there are many others to put your negatives on. At last the mods are reacting to your constant niggles.

If we started winning against most of the top 10 sides we'd be challenging for the title, that's not going to happen is it.

No it's not going to happen, because the teams above us have better players, don't they? Yet these teams above us want our players..... Something doesn't add up

No it's not going to happen, because the teams above us have better players, don't they? Yet these teams above us want our players..... Something doesn't add up

Maybe time to replace your calculator??

Surely your "bank job" could give you a decent one...?

your point can be made without a new thread, there are many others to put your negatives on. At last the mods are reacting to your constant niggles.

Indeed. Thankfully we'll only be allowed to talk about constant positives from here on in, in new threads. That's the way a public forum should be. No negative stuff allowed. And definitely don't do it more than once.

Maybe time to replace your calculator??

Surely your "bank job" could give you a decent one...?

Whats your take on it mate? I keep being told, we are where we should be.... "Our players are not good enough" Yet most of our team is wanted by the clubs above us? Why would teams above us want our "not good enough" players and why are we so scared of losing them?

Whats your take on it mate? I keep being told, we are where we should be.... "Our players are not good enough" Yet most of our team is wanted by the clubs above us? Why would teams above us want our "not good enough" players and why are we so scared of losing them?

There are plenty of players not linked with bigger / better clubs though, and they make up around half our team. And then some of the players that are wanted by other clubs is down to their potential rather than how good they are now.

With respect to the OP I dont think that´s on the subject for this thread.

And fwiw, our record against top 10 gained a few points today with your way of doing it, trading one loss for 2 draws....

..... most of our team is wanted by the clubs above us?

Stop exaggerating - 'most' of our team is not wanted by teams above us, 3 or 4 are, and our challenge is to hang on to them whilst replacing some of those 'not good enough' to build on an 8th/9th place finish this season.

There are plenty of players not linked with bigger / better clubs though' date=' and they make up around half our team. And then some of the players that are wanted by other clubs is down to their potential rather than how good they are now.[/quote']

You guys need to be consistant...

One minute.....

Boruc is "one of the top 5 keepers in the league"

Lovren "is world class"

Fonte "should play for Portugal"

Shaw "is worth £30m"

Clyne "better than glen johnson and walker"

Morgan "criminal he isnt in France team"

Wanyama "we cant win without him"

Cork "outstanding"

Jay rod "has to go to Brazil"

Lallana "simply the best"

Lambert "to good for WHU"

Ramirez "superb, why else would Inter want him"

Chambers "hands off Arsenal"

JWP "future England star"

Gallagher "next Zlatan Ibrahimovic"

One minute our players are the best, the next they are not? Lets make our minds up eh?

Stop exaggerating - 'most' of our team is not wanted by teams above us, 3 or 4 are

Lovren (man u) wanyama (man c) shaw (everyone) chambers (arsenal) gallagher (chelsea) lallana (man u) mopo (spurs) morgan (arsenal) jay rod (liverpool) ramirez (inter milan and juventus) reed (man u) isgrove (man u) clyne (arsenal)

Thats 13 off the top of my head

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

You guys need to be consistant...

One minute.....

Boruc is "one of the top 5 keepers in the league"

Lovren "is world class"

Fonte "should play for Portugal"

Shaw "is worth £30m"

Clyne "better than glen johnson and walker"

Morgan "criminal he isnt in France team"

Wanyama "we cant win without him"

Cork "outstanding"

Jay rod "has to go to Brazil"

Lallana "simply the best"

Lambert "to good for WHU"

Ramirez "superb, why else would Inter want him"

Chambers "hands off Arsenal"

JWP "future England star"

Gallagher "next Zlatan Ibrahimovic"

One minute our players are the best, the next they are not? Lets make our minds up eh?

You're just quite odd. There's no way you can't understand the point people are making so spend your time pretending not to?

Or......... just one win against the top 11 ALL SEASON

Or 3 against top 12, or why stop there....12 against top 20!!

If you want to make stats like that, you shuld know that it is the position when you actually play the team that counts, not what it is at a given day...

In all fairness, if all of our players are as good as many on here say, why aren't we higher in the league? Still don't get the hype around JWP, he's a Championship player at best. It's all well and good trying to play a team of young English players, but it's ridiculous to assume every young player we give a game too e.g. Chambers, Reed, JWP, Gallagher are going to be good enough for us in the future, as they're not

In all fairness, if all of our players are as good as many on here say, why aren't we higher in the league? Still don't get the hype around JWP, he's a Championship player at best. It's all well and good trying to play a team of young English players, but it's ridiculous to assume every young player we give a game too e.g. Chambers, Reed, JWP, Gallagher are going to be good enough for us in the future, as they're not

I see your point. For me it is about SQUAD and ability RIGHT NOW.

Group 1 Lallana, Lovren, Morgan, maybe JRod, Shaw for me would compete in the top six squads.

Group 2 Wanyama, Clyne, Chambers, Boruc, would compete in a top 10 squad.

Group 3 Lambert, Davis, Ramirez, JWP, Gallagher, Cork, Yoshida are bottom half.

Hooiveld probably not to standard.

That is only 17 players, which is lower than the would be required for a premier league squad. To me that balances out to say we are where we should be if not a little higher than I would expect. We would need a minimum of 8 in that top group, and probably another 8 in the second group to be looking at top 6. Leaving about 4 in the bottom half group 3.

Sounds complicated reading it back but I know what I mean!

If we want to get to a level where we can challenge even for a top 6 spot, we'd need to get rid of the likes Guly, Jos, Yoshida, JWP, Gazza and bringing in real quality whilst upgrading on the likes of Lambert, Fonte and Boruc You're talking £50-£100 million of investment. Plus trying to hold on to the likes of Lallana and Shaw. Put it simply, we are a long, long way from getting to the 'next level'

If we want to get to a level where we can challenge even for a top 6 spot, we'd need to get rid of the likes Guly, Jos, Yoshida, JWP, Gazza and bringing in real quality whilst upgrading on the likes of Lambert, Fonte and Boruc You're talking £50-£100 million of investment. Plus trying to hold on to the likes of Lallana and Shaw. Put it simply, we are a long, long way from getting to the 'next level'

Every club has a few weak links, just like our weak links they dont play much!!

We have 13-14 players wanted by clubs above us.... We have a better midfield than man u remember!?

Our team/squad is more than good enough, some of the results simply havent been.

Lovren (man u) wanyama (man c) shaw (everyone) chambers (arsenal) gallagher (chelsea) lallana (man u) mopo (spurs) morgan (arsenal) jay rod (liverpool) ramirez (inter milan and juventus) reed (man u) isgrove (man u) clyne (arsenal)

Thats 13 off the top of my head

How many of those are genuine links and how many are tabloid b0ll0x ? ( Edit : or ones you made up ? )

Edited by badgerx16

I see your point. For me it is about SQUAD and ability RIGHT NOW.

Group 1 Lallana, Lovren, Morgan, maybe JRod, Shaw for me would compete in the top six squads.

Group 2 Wanyama, Clyne, Chambers, Boruc, would compete in a top 10 squad.

Group 3 Lambert, Davis, Ramirez, JWP, Gallagher, Cork, Yoshida are bottom half.

Hooiveld probably not to standard.

That is only 17 players, which is lower than the would be required for a premier league squad. To me that balances out to say we are where we should be if not a little higher than I would expect. We would need a minimum of 8 in that top group, and probably another 8 in the second group to be looking at top 6. Leaving about 4 in the bottom half group 3.

Sounds complicated reading it back but I know what I mean!

Good post.

I think people need to get a serious grip to be honest.

We are 9th in the league, and have beaten 1 team in the top 10.

If we beat newcastle we'll be 8th in the league having beaten 2 teams in the top 10.

3 and a half years ago we were in league 1 obscurity.

Onwards and upwards saints, just keep beating teams in the bottom half and we'll do just dandy.

I think people need to get a serious grip to be honest.

We are 9th in the league, and have beaten 1 team in the top 10.

If we beat newcastle we'll be 8th in the league having beaten 2 teams in the top 10.

3 and a half years ago we were in league 1 obscurity.

Onwards and upwards saints, just keep beating teams in the bottom half and we'll do just dandy.

Where we were 3 years ago is irrelevant - you cant talk about "getting a grip" and then live in the past? In 2009 Man C were 10th & 2008 14th!! The past seasons positions mean nothing when you look at them today

If we beat the teams at the bottom and beat the teams at the top - we wont be "dandy" we will be average/mid table as we are now - & that’s the whole issue

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

Where we were 3 years ago is irrelevant - you cant talk about "getting a grip" and then live in the past? In 2009 Man C were 10th & 2008 14th means nothing when you look at them today

If we beat the teams at the bottom and beat the teams at the top - we wont be "dandy" we will be average/mid table as we are now - & that’s the whole issue

If we win all our games what will you whinge and whine about?

It's only an 'issue' because you make it one. I'm happy with the way the season is going, and happy with the potential the squad obviously have.

Then you could say I’m ambitious and want my club to succeed, while you’re content and happy with mid table.

I respect your opinions and ambitions

I am however never happy with 2nd best

for me 6th was the best we could hope for & 9th the lowest. 9th + a cup final was always my minimum expectation

If youre happy with 9th what was your expectations for this season?

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

Then you could say I’m ambitious and want my club to succeed, while you’re content and happy with mid table.

I respect your opinions and ambitions

I am never happy with 2nd best

Why are you a low ranking employee in a declining division of a troubled bank then?