Ambition?

Glasgow_Saint

The issue there is I am not a skate Dronk. Thats your fantasy as you are reading what you dont like to read so you become malicious accuse and slur, not the sign of a good person there.

Yes, yes,yes of course you aren't :rolleyes: - But you do understand why you are loathed and thought of as one?

Most skates would probably think I'm not a good person...you're in tune with your kind....

So what you are saying is that the reason people want fourth is that there is an increased chance of a cup run in the future? Why not just take the cup option in this hypothetical scenario instead? I don't understand the logic there. If we win the cup it would be remembered and treasured for decades. Finishing fourth is a footnote by comparison.

I'm saying the team that finishes 4th will be better than the team that finishes 8th but happens to win a cup. Wanting Saints to be a better team is you know, not a derisible ambition IMO. PPL on here still talk glowingly bout the time we was the 2nd best team in England, it was before my time but it seems like they quite enjoyed watching that team

I'm saying the team that finishes 4th will be better than the team that finishes 8th but happens to win a cup. Wanting Saints to be a better team is you know, not a derisible ambition IMO. PPL on here still talk glowingly bout the time we was the 2nd best team in England, it was before my time but it seems like they quite enjoyed watching that team

That's true Bear, but the FA Cup win gets more attention (rightly so IMO), and we were a second division side at the time.

FA cup has in my view a 1 season benefit that adds to our history in what is becoming a redundant cup and gives us access to the second rate European competition.

It would be something that would add to our history but may not positively impact our future.

Champions League means a lot more cash and accessibility to a better quality of player who wants to play in the CL, a player who can result in us possibly pushing on the next season and help win the FA cup as well. If we fail at both then we still have those players under contract and opportunities for the year after etc etc.

Where do we stand right now?

The new regime are not giving much away.

Talk of "difficult financial position" offset with "nobody needs to be sold"

Do we still have top 4 ambitions?

survive or succeed or simply support? What direction will KL take us this summer?

Before I make any comment that brings down the wrath of my "fans", I think I'll wait

I'll wait until the end of the season to see if :-

A) We sell the players that would prefer to play for a team offering European football

B) Whether SFC (Katharina) continues in the trend of spending BIG to attract BIG names to the Club

C) Whether Pochettino is still here as our Manager

D) Whether any realistic Statement is issued by SFC as to whether we are STILL on track to "grow" by the commencement of enlarging St Mary's, or of any possible relocation

Until we know the Club's position on those topics, it would be unfair of me to comment ..........

..... so I won't

Before I make any comment that brings down the wrath of my "fans", I think I'll wait

I'll wait until the end of the season to see if :-

A) We sell the players that would prefer to play for a team offering European football

B) Whether SFC (Katharina) continues in the trend of spending BIG to attract BIG names to the Club

C) Whether Pochettino is still here as our Manager

D) Whether any realistic Statement is issued by SFC as to whether we are STILL on track to "grow" by the commencement of enlarging St Mary's, or of any possible relocation

Until we know the Club's position on those topics, it would be unfair of me to comment ..........

..... so I won't

You’re entitled to an opinion based on what you already know? don’t worry, nobody is going to dig out old posts if things don’t go quite as you anticipate or foresee.

Dronk, are you on smack because your posts make no sense?

Sorry, I was assuming a basic level of education existed but my happy and optimistic nature led me to over-estimate yours, apparently.

Now off you go to adult reading classes skatey, they're free if you're on benefits!

No ambition here, let's just do whatever makes MoPo the most money at the end of the day. Look, it kept us well in the league this year, so same for next year.

So long as he gets his nice fat juicy bonus, I'm happy as a pig in shyte.

No ambition here, let's just do whatever makes MoPo the most money at the end of the day. Look, it kept us well in the league this year, so same for next year.

So long as he gets his nice fat juicy bonus, I'm happy as a pig in shyte.

Happy with that - as long as we get the cups included

"A strong desire to do something"

Keep playing good entertaining football, continue to produce home grown talent, keep raising the profile of Southampton football club, keep improving

That's probably it for me! Cup would be nice but not at the detriment of any of those statements. We will start with the same chance we have failed to take 99 out of the last 100 some years

FA cup has in my view a 1 season benefit that adds to our history in what is becoming a redundant cup and gives us access to the second rate European competition.

It would be something that would add to our history but may not positively impact our future.

Champions League means a lot more cash and accessibility to a better quality of player who wants to play in the CL, a player who can result in us possibly pushing on the next season and help win the FA cup as well. If we fail at both then we still have those players under contract and opportunities for the year after etc etc.

Still, 4th doesn't actually mean Champions league qualification, as Everton (and poor old Spurs, LOLZ) found out.

Cup is a cup is a cup. A day long.

So what you are saying is that the reason people want fourth is that there is an increased chance of a cup run in the future? Why not just take the cup option in this hypothetical scenario instead? I don't understand the logic there. If we win the cup it would be remembered and treasured for decades. Finishing fourth is a footnote by comparison.

Where do these people come from... 4th a footnote :lol:

AMBITION

To do with Saints

So why was it moved to this Muppet Site ??

I emailed the Administrator, but have had no reply (no surprise there)

Hardly worth mentioning that one of our "rivals" (West Ham) have already said that they intend to Strengthen by the purchase of 3 to 5 Top Quality players

(I assume it's that sort of comment that Miss Leibherr does not want to read on the Main Site ?? )

Seriously does anyone really want to finish fourth over winning a cup? If that is the case then I pretty much give up with football. Sky has won.

I'll put my hand up and volunteer for this opinion if you're serious about following through on that.

AMBITION

To do with Saints

So why was it moved to this Muppet Site ??

I emailed the Administrator, but have had no reply (no surprise there)

Hardly worth mentioning that one of our "rivals" (West Ham) have already said that they intend to Strengthen by the purchase of 3 to 5 Top Quality players

(I assume it's that sort of comment that Miss Leibherr does not want to read on the Main Site ?? )

Well, when you've got a sick dog that needs to be put out of it's misery, you don't have to just shoot it in the head. No, if all it's vital signs point to doggy death but people are still having fun stroking it, you could just put it into some kind of retarded donkey monkey chicken sanctuary and just let it be. It'll lay there inoffensively and attract flies but somehow will not stand out against the other dogs wandering around in circles, bumping their heads or falling over from time to time.

Would the dog be better off dead? Could people just stroke one of the marginally more healthy dogs? Sure, but this is the humane option. If you pay 5 quid at the gate you can even stroke it more than 3 times in one day... If you know what I mean. Tokyo knows what I mean. There's even a bear in this sanctuary, sometimes escapes but always comes back, lured by the fresh fishy smell of Japanese food.

Anyway, Ambition is overrated? The OP cares less about this thread than you? Miss Leibherr probably doesn't read the site?

If you're going to put speech marks on the word "rivals" you should probably also put them on "strengthen", "top" and "quality"? There's a limit to the amount of question marks the server can handle? If only we had some kind of question mark expert on hand to answer that for us?

Yay, 2000 posts...

Well, when you've got a sick dog that needs to be put out of it's misery, you don't have to just shoot it in the head. No, if all it's vital signs point to doggy death but people are still having fun stroking it, you could just put it into some kind of retarded donkey monkey chicken sanctuary and just let it be. It'll lay there inoffensively and attract flies but somehow will not stand out against the other dogs wandering around in circles, bumping their heads or falling over from time to time.

Would the dog be better off dead? Could people just stroke one of the marginally more healthy dogs? Sure, but this is the humane option. If you pay 5 quid at the gate you can even stroke it more than 3 times in one day... If you know what I mean. Tokyo knows what I mean. There's even a bear in this sanctuary, sometimes escapes but always comes back, lured by the fresh fishy smell of Japanese food.

Anyway, Ambition is overrated? The OP cares less about this thread than you? Miss Leibherr probably doesn't read the site?

If you're going to put speech marks on the word "rivals" you should probably also put them on "strengthen", "top" and "quality"? There's a limit to the amount of question marks the server can handle? If only we had some kind of question mark expert on hand to answer that for us?

Yay, 2000 posts...

Come back at me at the start of next season. You might see things somewhat differently then

This basically. Talk is cheap and I don't give a toss about finishing fourth, I want a trophy.

you dont want to be going down this little ally,

win a pot your gonna need a glass case to put it in,

then your gonna need a trophy room to stick the glass case in that you have your pot in,

you will then need to pay some gruby little erchin to kleen the c**t

can't see KL pushing the boat out for that little lot,,,HTH