How many do you think will be sold if any?

Barry Sanchez

So Fonte, who has been a top servant for the club in all three divisions we have been in, should be jettisoned straight away because his form has gone downhill of late. Nothing knee jerk there, then? Don't get me wrong, I would love another Lovren-type for a bargain price, but there are not many of those to be found. Fonte is good enough for us - would spend any funds we have on a backup keeper, a striker with a turn of pace (both to cover Rodriguez in the short term and to inject a bit of needed pace into the squad) and a backup CB to replace Hooiveld. Am also assuming we will bring in replacements for Shaw and Ramirez, on the assumption both of these likely to move on.

This is the way it works in top class football, fading and ageing players are replaced by new ones. Fonte isn't as good as many think and has been poor of late. If you want to progress you just have to make these decisions and totally pass over everything that has gone before. Fonte has been handsomely rewarded for his service, that's why he's driving around in a flash Bentley but now it's time for him to slide back in the pecking order. He'll still get plenty of game time as 3rd CB.

This is the way it works in top class football, fading and ageing players are replaced by new ones. Fonte isn't as good as many think and has been poor of late. If you want to progress you just have to make these decisions and totally pass over everything that has gone before. Fonte has been handsomely rewarded for his service, that's why he's driving around in a flash Bentley but now it's time for him to slide back in the pecking order. He'll still get plenty of game time as 3rd CB.

This. Teams challenging the top clubs have to look to strengthen their first team, not buy replacements. Since Pochettino arrived, that seems to have been the goal.

This thread is typically pointless because no one has any idea who is leaving.

Logic says no club sells all of their best players unless they are in receivership or totally skint so it will be only players who want to go - maybe Shaw and Ramirez and those the club wants rid off a la Osvaldo and maybe squad players such as Hoiveld or Guly.

Of course if these players leave we may generate up to £45 million which would strengthen us where needed, and have significant salary reduction that could be offered to the right players.

Obviously who the manager is makes a difference, but if MP does leave we are a very attractive proposition to other top coaches/managers which might also keep players here and attract good ones.

This. Teams challenging the top clubs have to look to strengthen their first team, not buy replacements. Since Pochettino arrived, that seems to have been the goal.

You strengthen your weakest positions first. We have three good centre backs (Lovren, Fonte and Yoshida) - that is not the worst position. We have one left back (who may leave). We have 1 Premier League standard keeper, we need two. We have no replacement up front, so as soon as we have one injury (I.e. Rodriguez) we are short of goals. We know we have a top rate first XI; our issue is we have little quality off the bench or to move to a 'Plan B' when we can't break teams down.

I think there might be a time and place to replace Fonte, but not sure it is this summer, on the basis we need to resolve the first three issues first as a priority, and getting in more than 3 players is a tough ask with a potentially limited budget. If we do this and find the money / right player to improve on Fonte than will have been a very, very good summer, but looks a stretch to me.

Edited by ThorpG

This thread is typically pointless because no one has any idea who is leaving.

Logic says no club sells all of their best players unless they are in receivership or totally skint so it will be only players who want to go - maybe Shaw and Ramirez and those the club wants rid off a la Osvaldo and maybe squad players such as Hoiveld or Guly.

Of course if these players leave we may generate up to £45 million which would strengthen us where needed, and have significant salary reduction that could be offered to the right players.

Obviously who the manager is makes a difference, but if MP does leave we are a very attractive proposition to other top coaches/managers which might also keep players here and attract good ones.

Let's be honest most of this site is pointless as we are guessing, hypothesising, opining, making stuff up etc. Would be a pretty dull site if we could only post facts, given none of us work for the club, and therefore don't really know...

• 2 weeks later...
Last post ever lads,will leave you with this 2 maybe 3 important players will leave in the summer.It has been fun

easily the most ITK poster here

maybe where all the "lets wait and see" stuff comes from and all the links in the press

"I've been at the club since I was 12 and I can only see my future lying with Southampton FC," Lallana said.

"I can't wait to work with the new management team and the lads to continue our progress in the Premier League. It was an easy decision for me with the direction the club is going in.

"If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it."

Sigh....

"I've been at the club since I was 12 and I can only see my future lying with Southampton FC," Lallana said.

"I can't wait to work with the new management team and the lads to continue our progress in the Premier League. It was an easy decision for me with the direction the club is going in.

"If someone was to say that I'd end my career playing for Southampton in the Premier League then I'd snap your hand off for it."

Sigh....

If only Adam would say how he feels..............

Is funny how people started doubting his info when he said this.

TBF it directly contradicts what the club has repeatedly said. Some players may be open to offers but I completely believe the club when they said they've not received a single offer, so clearly no one has agreed to leave.

After Reeds comments on there are no guarantees I am sure we are going to lose a key number of personel, how many, who and how much this weakens us the key.

They still have not outlined in black and white their intentions and how they are going to achieve this and this really worries me.

Edited by Barry Sanchez

I found he said this when he said his contract in April last year. Let's hope he still feels the same.

Funny how players up sticks not long after England recognition. Well, not that funny obviously.

I'm going for 3/4 out

Lallana - Liverpool £20 Million

Shaw - United £25 Million

Schneiderlin £7 Million

possibly Lovren £12 Million

Pochettino out possibly to Spurs with Lovren going with him.

I suspect Morgans price will be a fraction more than that. Absolutely fantastic player. Have you not noticed that?

Schneiderlin is a very very good player but one that that rarely has a premium mark up possibly up to £10 Million but not any more and no Shirl I'm not fishing at all.

If you're not fishing, then you are desperately dumb. We already rejected a bid of 12M for him. He would go for 15M+, more if he gets in the French WC squad as reported.

Schneiderlin is a very very good player but one that that rarely has a premium mark up possibly up to £10 Million but not any more and no Shirl I'm not fishing at all.

He is top draw. Probably the quickest cm I have ever seen. Great first touch, vision, passing ability, engine...I know fans often overrate and overvalue their own players, usually because they know exactly what they do, but you seem to have gone the other way, almost as though there hasn't been enough footage on Motd to make your assssment.

I reckon Lallana, Shaw, Osvaldo, Ramirez & Morgan will leave along with MP.

Don't want it to happen, but they have had their heads turned & I would rather they left TBH.

That should be at least £75m to spend for replacements.

Redmond, Ruddy, Hernandez, Caulker & Bertrand come in as replacements & we should be mid table under Uwe Rosler.

Don't want it to happen, but they have had their heads turned & I would rather they left TBH.

Redmond, Ruddy, Hernandez, Caulker & Bertrand come in as replacements & we should be mid table under Uwe Rosler.

Hernandez as in Utd's Hernadez, or Swansea's? We'd be unlikely to be able to 'poach' the little pea if we sold those players, it would confirm that we're operating at a much lower level from here on in - and Javier Hernandez is a top calibre player.

We'd struggle to stay up if we lost Shaw, Lallana and Morgan IMO.

What a waste of 75M that would be. Average of 15M per player and none of them are worth that.

Simples

75 million would be a travesty imo.

As to the replacements redmond(got potential), Caulker(good young cb), Rosler(looks like a deent up andcoming manager)

Suppose Ruddy's steady but given we've Boruc a 27 year old keeper seems an odd buy.

Bertrand has been rather poor at Villa

Hernandez has been poor at man U and doesn't seem to suit a one up top system. Maybe if we completely changed out formation we might be able to re-ignite him.

They would not cost £15m each! Probably about £35m. Which TBH us a complete guess, but nowhere near £75m.

I know, was responding to the fact that you reckon we would have 75M to spend and then came up with that questionable list of players to spend it on!

I think Osvaldo, Sharp, Forte and possibly Guly will be released. We may see a couple of players come in, but not many as there are players like Reed etc who are waiting for that 1st team opportunity. The rest of the squad will stay together (including Lallana and Shaw), led by an ever-increasingly confident Mopo. I personally think that the spirit in the whole team is so good, it is responsible for at least 50% of the clubs success over the last 4-5 seasons. I think there are people in the top management team that know this too and will work hard to ensure it is not broken up.

If you're not fishing, then you are desperately dumb. We already rejected a bid of 12M for him. He would go for 15M+, more if he gets in the French WC squad as reported.

According to the French Press (some of them even get the odd one spot on) Arsenal are looking to pay up to 20 million € so that's a bit over 16 million £. Apparently they're going to watch him again tomorrow and then bung the fax (or whatever it is nowadays) off to SFC. Unless of course he scores 15 OGs or something. The FFF are also likely to have representation at St Marys tomorrow.

Edited by Window Cleaner

According to the French Press (some of them even get the odd one spot on) Arsenal are looking to pay up to 20 million € so that's a bit over 16 million £. Apparently they're going to watch him again tomorrow and then bung the fax (or whatever it is nowadays) off to SFC. Unless of course he scores 15 OGs or something. The FFF are also likely to have representation at St Marys tomorrow.

What press is that Window? Haven t seen that anywhere?

Redmond is mostly a sub, Ruddy is crap, Bertrand average, Caulker overrated and Hernandez out of our league wages wise.

Other than that, superb signings to replace all our best players.

Could not agree more. This shows exactly the problem we face. Replacing a Morgan or a shaw is pretty much impossible. Even with the money want £25m player is going to come to us?

Anything less than £25m and they will have stolen him IMO. Miles better player than anyone in this country gives him credit for. Brilliant signing for Arsenal. Just what manure need too.

What press is that Window? Haven t seen that anywhere?

I've seen it on orange.fr, sports.fr; lebuteur and strangely in a local rag from round Angers way. Assumed it came from l'Equipe or one of their freelancers...whats his name, friend of Morgan's.. Molina is that it.

If Arsenal pay £16 Million for Schneiderlin then I will be very surprised indeed.

Bazza old mate. What are you doing ruining this thread? I thought that you were going to stop posting and go do something else with your life. Go on. Switch off the laptop and do something else.