How many do you think will be sold if any?

Barry Sanchez

Shaw has been told he is not for sale, which suits him and his family as he doesn't want to leave.

Don't know about the others but think if Shaw isn't for sale, Morgan, Lallana, Lovren etc have no chance of going. I hope Gaston stays, think he's superb personally. All down to who Poch wants at the club in 2014/15 and, of course, if he is here himself! Again, nothing to suggest otherwise inside the club.

May I just say well done to the OP for such an original thread btw.

Keep a look out there will surely be more of these to follow...

No, just someone who, like many others I suspect, finds your continual look at me, know it all, opinion as fact and negative postings incredibly tiresome but I suspect that this is the reaction that you want.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk[/quote

A totally spot analysis of one of the sad attention seekers we have on here...

Shaw has been told he is not for sale, which suits him and his family as he doesn't want to leave.

Don't know about the others but think if Shaw isn't for sale, Morgan, Lallana, Lovren etc have no chance of going. I hope Gaston stays, think he's superb personally. All down to who Poch wants at the club in 2014/15 and, of course, if he is here himself! Again, nothing to suggest otherwise inside the club.

May I just say well done to the OP for such an original thread btw.

You really think Gaston has been superb for us? Really?

Is it one or two years left on Ramirez's contract?

I expect Guly, Osvaldo and the last of the lower league hangers-on to be off. Maybe Hooiveld/Yoshida. Of the players we don't want to lose I suppose Shaw, Clyne and Schneiderlin are most at risk. Might have to offer Clyne a better contract.

It's obvious that they favour Chambers over Clyne, but it's interesting to think how that relates to their supposed intention to move him to centre half. Is it that they can only give him the necessary experience out wide?

Edited by DuncanRG

Not superb, I'd rate him at about the same level as JWP, both good enough, but not necessarily as good as our first choices. Some dislike Ramirez because he was expensive and like JWP, who wasn't. If the money's not an issue, then great, if it is, he'd be one to move on, because he's expensive for a sub.

I don't think Shaw , Lallana or any other first team regulars will go. I've still seen absolutely no reason to think they will. I don't really get where the likes of Barry and Alpine are getting it from, but luckily, they are posters who have generally been wrong in the past, while the "happy clappers" they despise have a better track record. Neither has the grace to admit it though.

Is it one or two years left on Ramirez's contract?

I expect Guly, Osvaldo and the last of the lower league hangers-on to be off. Maybe Hooiveld/Yoshida. Of the players we don't want to lose I suppose Shaw, Clyne and Schneiderlin are most at risk. Might have to offer Clyne a better contract.

It's obvious that they favour Chambers over Clyne, but it's interesting to think how that relates to their supposed intention to move him to centre half. Is it that they can only give him the necessary experience out wide?

I would like to think we could accommodate both in the side due to their versatility. Though both are arguably strongest at RB Chambers can, apparently, play effectively as a CB or a holding midfielder while Clyne has proved himself able on either flank while it has been suggested, of course greater coaching minds would know, that he could be pushed into a right midfield role should we ever play with more traditional width in the middle.

As far players out honestly, who knows! Barry and the usual suspects predict meltdown gleefully (shocked!) but it honestly depends on the board and MP. I see us keeping Ramirez, has looked better since January and imo offers something others don't, but offloading the likes of Guly, Jos, Sharp, Forte while Yoshida may seek a move for more first team football.

Shaw I think we have one more year with. He may move on eventually but we all know he still has rough edges to smooth out that he's better doing with us as a guaranteed starter. Lallana I hope, honestly don't know, will stay. He lives and breathes saints and could well come to be thought of in the same light as MLT. Morgan again we all know - if the board back MP and he pushes us on will stay, if not, he may seek pastures new.

Ralph Krueger said that we won't sell anyone that Pochettino wants to keep. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the unstated part is that he might have to sell one of the big names if he wants players beyond his transfer budget.

As sad as I'd be to see it, I can see Shaw going. We'd never spend 25-30 million on a left back, and keeping him is little different to doing that.

Dreaming out loud, if we were to do a deal with Chelsea that sent Luke to them and brought us Lakaku and Bertrand, I'd say that was a good piece of business for both clubs.

When MP talks contract with Krueger, the sticking points will probably be things like this as much as his salary and incentives.

As sad as I'd be to see it, I can see Shaw going. We'd never spend 25-30 million on a left back, and keeping him is little different to doing that.

...except you're not spending £25-30 million. In fact, you're not spending anything!

We'd never spend £130m on an entire new team, and keeping our current team...you get the picture.

Not superb, I'd rate him at about the same level as JWP, both good enough, but not necessarily as good as our first choices. Some dislike Ramirez because he was expensive and like JWP, who wasn't. If the money's not an issue, then great, if it is, he'd be one to move on, because he's expensive for a sub.

I don't think Shaw , Lallana or any other first team regulars will go. I've still seen absolutely no reason to think they will. I don't really get where the likes of Barry and Alpine are getting it from, but luckily, they are posters who have generally been wrong in the past, while the "happy clappers" they despise have a better track record. Neither has the grace to admit it though.

Unusual post alert..!!

Standing up for Alpine for once, although I agree usually wrong and no rationale basis for his posts, he was big enough recently to admit he was wrong to write off Lallana and Schneiderlin as not good enough, and for criticising the club for signing JayRod.

Although the next logical step maybe should have been to step back from his racist character assassination of Ramirez - a player he admits he has never seen play?!

Just accept Glasgow/Barry know little and wind people up for attention.

For example Glasgow criticism yesterday of MP's start of the season - when after 12 games we had let in 7 goals and were up with the top teams.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I think anywhere between 0 and 20 players will be sold, give or take. I am guessing that those with a "glass half empty / completely empty" perspective on life will tell us (on the basis of pure conjecture, or because they are just miserable) that all our best players will be sold, and that we will buy nobody of any use/value. Those whose glass is neither half full nor half empty (if that is possible!) will take a more reasoned approach, which may or may not prove to be correct. The glass half full brigade will expect us to keep Shaw, Lallana and Schneiderlin and will also expect positive signings.

There you go = that should cover it all. Might as well close the thread now before it is derailed by the usual suspects.

Couldn't agree more...I think we should sell all the team, the ground and training ground and give up.....FFS its bad enough reading this crap about our players going elsewhere on other websites plus MP moving on.

In the summer break?

I am inclined to think Ramirez shall go along with Osvaldo along with Lallana and Shaw.

The possibles are Cork, Lovren and Schneiderlin.

4-7, how many do you think?

Why are you such a bloody misery? Don't you ever think positively?

Rep[eat three times a day after meals...

"Nobody will be leaving in the summer"

...except you're not spending £25-30 million. In fact, you're not spending anything!

We'd never spend £130m on an entire new team, and keeping our current team...you get the picture.

We're tying our money up in assets, which amounts to the same thing as buying them.

If someone is willing to pay 25-30 million for Shaw, that's how much we've got tied up in a LB.

Do you think we could sell Barry? It would be great if he could be sold in the summer to Pompey or wherever is his spiritual home.

How many times are we going to have to put up with negative threads during the summer from WUM's like him?

Kelvin Davis (club captain) - Stay as GK 3rd choice/Coach

Nathaniel Clyne - Would understand if he went, though think we should keep

Maya Yoshida - Fine as a 4th CB

Morgan Schneiderlin - Stay

Dejan Lovren - Stay

José Fonte - Stay

Rickie Lambert (vice-captain) - Stay

Steven Davis - Stay

Jay Rodriguez - Stay

Gastón Ramírez - Go

Victor Wanyama - Stay

James Ward-Prowse - Stay

Jack Cork - Stay

Adam Lallana (captain) - Stay

Guly do Prado - Go

Calum Chambers - Stay

Luke Shaw - Think we might get 1 more year out of him but would understand if he went

Paulo Gazzaniga - Go

Jos Hooiveld - Go

Artur Boruc - Stay

Matt Targett - Stay

Harrison Reed - Stay

Sam Gallagher - Stay

Dani Osvaldo - Go

Bring in a new GK, CB, AM, ST

Would be the ideal summer for me.

Mostly agree with this list. But the "ideal summer" for me would have to include a couple of more things:

MoPo staying

Reinforcement brought in for the defense and the front line.

We're tying our money up in assets, which amounts to the same thing as buying them.

If someone is willing to pay 25-30 million for Shaw, that's how much we've got tied up in a LB.

Not quite following what you mean

Is there a problem with this sentence? 'We'd never spend £130m on an entire new team, and keeping our current team is little different to doing that'

Edited by DuncanRG

Not quite following what you mean

Is there a problem with this sentence? 'We'd never spend £130m on an entire new team, and keeping our current team is little different to doing that'

Not really but I guess I'm not getting my point across.

Look at it this way. If you somehow came into possession of a Ferrari worth 300,000 pounds and (much as you love it) decided you'd rather sell it and buy a nice Mercedes and have some much-needed house renovations done, that's a parallel to what I'm saying.

Sure, Luke didn't cost us anything other than his development costs, but I'm suggesting that we have a number of needs, not all of which will be financed by our (likely) transfer budget.

So, we might have to get by with a Mercedes instead of a Ferrari at LB, and use the left over money on other things we need.

It's all part of living within our means.

The ambitions of the club amount to staying in the Premiership. So 17th is success, anything above is a bonus.

If I had to make a deal with the devil which allowed us the certainty of 17th for the next 20 years ( and Prem football), then I;d take it.

BTW, if it takes Allardyce football to achieve it, so be it.

As for the Cups, simply an irrelevant sideshow.

The ambitions of the club amount to staying in the Premiership. So 17th is success, anything above is a bonus.

If I had to make a deal with the devil which allowed us the certainty of 17th for the next 20 years ( and Prem football), then I;d take it.

Are you talking about Saints or Norwich

The Dalek pretend-opinion comedy wagon the is back on the road, everyone.

Oh he's so funny.

Remember to play along with him, he's only really got three jokes (this one, one about ridiculous points - to - stay -up targets and his Hoddle stuff). Just let him have his fun.

Keep laughing.

No, just someone who, like many others I suspect, finds your continual look at me, know it all, opinion as fact and negative postings incredibly tiresome but I suspect that this is the reaction that you want.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Couldn't have put that better myself.

between him, GS and the Utd loving Turkish, they make this place so tiresome with their continual anti saints drivel, talking down any progress we have made. They sit there awaiting the day we get relegated so they can all say "told you so".

Ralph Krueger said that we won't sell anyone that Pochettino wants to keep. However, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the unstated part is that he might have to sell one of the big names if he wants players beyond his transfer budget.

Dreaming out loud, if we were to do a deal with Chelsea that sent Luke to them and brought us Lakaku and Bertrand, I'd say that was a good piece of business for both clubs.

When MP talks contract with Krueger, the sticking points will probably be things like this as much as his salary and incentives.

In reality, that means nothing. It matters not one iota what Krueger wants, or says he wants. If a player wants to go, he will go. It's happened time and again to ALL Clubs

The only thing about any contract that is worth anything, is the "escape clause"

The thing to worry about, is how many of our "Stars" have said they would say "no" to a Club that could offer Euro Footy, and would pledge to Saints. The same goes for Pochettino

The silence is deafening

I'm sure its been said a million times.

If MP stays, it means he's going to be given money to strengthen his squad. Players will stay and there a real chance we can push for top 6.

If he leaves its a really bad sign as it pretty much signals that the dream of pushing onwards is over and the new idea of stability is the focus.

Not sure why he doesn't sign a new contract now. It will give the club a great lift and we can all enjoy the summer a little more.

Easy, he already knows that "the Dream of pushing owards is over and the new idea of stability is the focus."

The Dalek pretend-opinion comedy wagon the is back on the road, everyone.

Oh he's so funny.

Remember to play along with him, he's only really got three jokes (this one, one about ridiculous points - to - stay -up targets and his Hoddle stuff). Just let him have his fun.

Keep laughing.

Morning CB Fry, nice to see you are still on 'Dalek Watch'.

Lallana is now 25, by no means old but also not the "exciting prospect" or "young talent" that certain commentators label him. He is a fantastic player and must surely be assessing our realistic chances of playing CL football at Saints within the next few years. I don't know him personally or what motivates him, but if I was in his shoes, if an offer of first team football came in from a CL team it would be very hard to turn it down.

That said, the teams that will be playing Champions League this year will be Liverpool, Chelsea, City, and then Everton or Arsenal. Would he struggle to hold down a regular within the those sides? He would probably be a squad/fringe player with all of those teams bar Everton (who probably wouldn't shell out the cash for him in the first place), given their squad depths and the quality that they have available. Given that he is settled in Southampton, captain of the team and has just broken into the England squad, the only reason I can see for him to move on would be to play CL football or to challenge the title. Most top teams are now looking to sign players for their first team and then relegating current teamers to the bench. The teams that could afford him would be unlikely to bother spending that much on someone who may just act as high quality back up player, hence why I reckon he will most likely stay.

I said I think he's a superb footballer, and I stand by that. Guilty of being a tad romantic when it comes to champagne footballers, give me a swaggering attacking midfielder that makes a few mistakes trying to do the impossible/ improbable over a snarling "Get. It. Forwaaaard" CM. Probably due to being brought up in an age of watching dour Branfoot sides with the odd smattering of genius from Le God, Ekelund, Pahars, Berkovich and the little French left footer that used to turn around 360degrees all the time.

Don't get me wrong, you need road sweepers and violinists but the violinists like Gaston are what makes me pay to watch football and be entertained.

Personal choice and all that.

Lallana is now 25, by no means old but also not the "exciting prospect" or "young talent" that certain commentators label him. He is a fantastic player and must surely be assessing our realistic chances of playing CL football at Saints within the next few years. I don't know him personally or what motivates him, but if I was in his shoes, if an offer of first team football came in from a CL team it would be very hard to turn it down.

That said, the teams that will be playing Champions League this year will be Liverpool, Chelsea, City, and then Everton or Arsenal. Would he struggle to hold down a regular within the those sides? He would probably be a squad/fringe player with all of those teams bar Everton (who probably wouldn't shell out the cash for him in the first place), given their squad depths and the quality that they have available. Given that he is settled in Southampton, captain of the team and has just broken into the England squad, the only reason I can see for him to move on would be to play CL football or to challenge the title. Most top teams are now looking to sign players for their first team and then relegating current teamers to the bench. The teams that could afford him would be unlikely to bother spending that much on someone who may just act as high quality back up player, hence why I reckon he will most likely stay.

Lallana is in fact 26 very soon and as you say he will have to decide this summer if he wants to be a one club man and win nothing or move on and be the top footballer that he obviously has the potential to be.He probably only has 3 or 4 more years at top level.

You then?

No I think he means that you should have the undertaking to approach, advise and guide the futute of the club, based on the fact you wish to give a big dividend to our non-existant shareholders is a great starting strategy.

What was project ******** anyway? Is that the one where the team wear the pretty dresses, whilst they do their little turn on the catwalk?

And who are these gullible newcomer fans? Is newcomer FC in the prenmiership now? Would they lend me £100? Will they buy my majic beans for a fiver?

This is what you do, take someone's statement and warp it.

You ask the question, How many do you think will be sold if any?. Saint Garret tells you, so answers the question. Then you bearate him with: Who are we getting in? Zippy, Bungle and Frodo?

What the **** do you want? This is your fred, pal, don't get upset because people are singing your tune.

And I agree with Garret, except for Guly do Prado and Gazzaniga - I don't think they will get better offers than what they have now, and they fill a gap for us, but are very poor filling it. They not the quality we want at this level, but how can you entice soemone of quality to be second and third choice? Unless they are very green or in the twilight of their careers and very expensive.

Couldn't have put that better myself.

between him, GS and the Utd loving Turkish, they make this place so tiresome with their continual anti saints drivel, talking down any progress we have made. They sit there awaiting the day we get relegated so they can all say "told you so".

A truely glorious post. Mentioning me on a thread I've not even posted on, taking you up to 7 of your last 10 posts being about me or in response to me. That's 70% of your recent posts offering nothing to the forum other than to moan about other posters. Yet you accuse others of making this place tiresome, you couldn't make it up!!

Back on topic and IMHO only one = Osvaldo

he'll be the hardest to shift in my opinion. It's a buyers market with him, and I suspect teams will wait to the absolute very last minute of the window before taking him on loan, with no fee involved and maybe even us paying some wages.

I said I think he's a superb footballer, and I stand by that. Guilty of being a tad romantic when it comes to champagne footballers, give me a swaggering attacking midfielder that makes a few mistakes trying to do the impossible/ improbable over a snarling "Get. It. Forwaaaard" CM. Probably due to being brought up in an age of watching dour Branfoot sides with the odd smattering of genius from Le God, Ekelund, Pahars, Berkovich and the little French left footer that used to turn around 360degrees all the time.

Don't get me wrong, you need road sweepers and violinists but the violinists like Gaston are what makes me pay to watch football and be entertained.

Personal choice and all that.

I feel the same way and also liked the crop circling Fabrice Fernandes - perhaps anyone that witnessed him running rings round Middlesbrough would feel the same. Ramirez certainly does frustrate at times with his eye of the needle passing attempts, but their is plenty of room in our squad for a player like that. As good as Cork, Morgan, Wanyama and JWP might be, you need players that can unlock a defence and I still feel he will be the player to do just that. It's not like he's close to 30 either.

That Branford side really was bad wasn't it?

A truely glorious post. Mentioning me on a thread I've not even posted on, taking you up to 7 of your last 10 posts being about me or in response to me. That's 70% of your recent posts offering nothing to the forum other than to moan about other posters. Yet you accuse others of making this place tiresome, you couldn't make it up!!

Obsessed...

Likely sales:

Osvaldo, Shaw

Maybe sales:

Schneiderlin

Sales I was expecting but have been told aren't happening:

Lallana

Realistically if we sell Shaw for approx 30mill we don't need to sell anyone else so I'm hoping we'll tell everyone else to go jump off a short pier.

Likely sales:

Osvaldo, Shaw

Maybe sales:

Schneiderlin

Sales I was expecting but have been told aren't happening:

Lallana

Realistically if we sell Shaw for approx 30mill we don't need to sell anyone else so I'm hoping we'll tell everyone else to go jump off a short pier.

Realistically we won't get 30 million for Shaw. 30 million £ buys you a top class fully fledged multi-capped player. Shaw is none of those and he is as of yet weak defensively, can't shoot and can't cross. Asking 30 million for him will be good for us, no-one will pay that and we get to keep him.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Realistically we won't get 30 million for Shaw. 30 million £ buys you a top class fully fledged multi-capped player. Shaw is none of those and he is as of yet weak defensively, can't shoot and can't cross. Asking 30 million for him will be good for us, no-one will pay that and we get to keep him.

Cant cross??

Cant cross??

Couldn't on Saturday. 7 crosses only 1 reached a Saints player. There is absolutely no point of him charging up the field if he doesn't do anything useful with the ball at the end of it. He was poor on Saturday, perhaps the season, has taken it's toll, he's only a young lad. Personally I'd swap him for a real LB (like Kurzawa from Monaco) and a winger.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Couldn't on Saturday. 7 crosses only 1 reached a Saints player. There is absolutely no point of him charging up the field if he doesn't do anything useful with the ball at the end of it. He was poor on Saturday, perhaps the season, has taken it's toll, he's only a young lad. Personally I'd swap him for a real LB (like Kurzawa from Monaco) and a winger.

Saying he can't cross based on Saturday is a little harsh. I'd agree that a lot of players were below par, but generally speaking Shaw's crossing this season has been a key attacking outlet for us.