How many do you think will be sold if any?

Barry Sanchez

Why would Shaw want to sign for a team just one place above us? I really think that he ought to be a bit more ambitious. What is the point of moving if he can't get CL football?

If you don't know you're a bigger lemon than I thought you were.

Do the club publish revenue from ticket sales? Quick mental calculation is that whole season's sales would not come to £30m. Whilst every player has their price and Shaw's has probably gone up by £15 m this season, they could just think of this as a bonus to give back to customers in reduced ticket prices. Of course they won't and there is again going to be a rise.

Why would Shaw want to sign for a team just one place above us? I really think that he ought to be a bit more ambitious. What is the point of moving if he can't get CL football?

For rizzle bro?!?!

They're likely to build a very good team in the summer, baring a bad injury he's guaranteed CL football.

You would lose your money, I was posting when Southampton were on the telly? Heavens above he has a portable device that allows to him to interact whilst watching the tv? This guy is crazy.

But bazza . You miss the point again.

Saints fans like to watch their team. When they come on match of the day, they tend to watch them. They don't bother to add to their post tally whilst the tem they support is on tv. They normally wait for the Footbal lLeague show to start before they do that.

When did you first start to support the Saints?

I can't imagine why any player would want to sign for one of the biggest clubs in world football when they could play for the biggest club in Hampshire.

Saints fans like to watch their team. When they come on match of the day, they tend to watch them. They don't bother to add to their post tally whilst the tem they support is on tv. They normally wait for the Footbal lLeague show to start before they do that.

i don't bother watching MOTD when we lost, tbh.

Unlike Wes most folk don't see Utd being outside the top 4 for too long.

I can't see them improving much next season tbh. Not being in the CL will hurt them in regards to which players they can buy. I doubt players like Kroos will want to go there if they are not in Europe.

Football has it's cycles and I think Man Utd are about to have their time out of the top 4. Especially with Moyes in charge.

Of course Shaw would go there as they are a mega club. But I think they will struggle to get back into the top 4 unless they have a mass clear out and bring in better players. They pretty much need a whole new defence and some creative midfielders. If they keep guys like Valencia, Young, Cleverly, Carrick etc then they will struggle for sure.

I can't see them improving much next season tbh. Not being in the CL will hurt them in regards to which players they can buy. I doubt players like Kroos will want to go there if they are not in Europe.

Football has it's cycles and I think Man Utd are about to have their time out of the top 4. Especially with Moyes in charge.

Of course Shaw would go there as they are a mega club. But I think they will struggle to get back into the top 4 unless they have a mass clear out and bring in better players. They pretty much need a whole new defence and some creative midfielders. If they keep guys like Valencia, Young, Cleverly, Carrick etc then they will struggle for sure.

Them winning the league every season has passed, no doubt, but not top 4? Nah.

The bin dippers have been in 2 CL finals since they last won the league and whilst I agree that it'll take a season or two for Utd to clear out the dross and rebuild there is little doubt that they will.

Shaw is unlikely to be looking at just next season, he knows he could be 1st choice LB at the biggest club in England for 15 years.

The bin dippers have been in 2 CL finals since they last won the league and whilst I agree that it'll take a season or two for Utd to clear out the dross and rebuild there is little doubt that they will.

Shaw is unlikely to be looking at just next season, he knows he could be 1st choice LB at the biggest club in England for 15 years.

Exactly... If Bayern missed out on CL football next year they could still have their pick of the best in the world because they're Bayern. Liverpool have been signing players on past glory for years, it takes a long time to destroy a reputation.

If anyone should be worried about an extended period outside the top 4 with City now looking to secure a place every year it would be tight pursed Arsenal. I'd be quite nervous if I was one of their fans.

Indeed the only thing separating Utd from the Top 4 just now is the 3 home defeats they suffered in December/January.

They'll probably still finish above Everton and to think that we wre once confident of finishing above them until our failure to score when it counts knocked us back.

I can't imagine why any player would want to sign for one of the biggest clubs in world football when they could play for the biggest club in Hampshire.

I should have put a "wink" after it. I was being tongue in cheek. Sorry you didn't detect that. No doubt the revenue that they derive from plastic fans all around the World will get them back into the top four soon, as it did with Liverpool after their dip. But undoubtedly the landscape is changing, with them losing plastic fans after a season like this, whereas many of them will have joined the blue side of Manchester recently instead.

1981 I was 6.

Indeed the only thing separating Utd from the Top 4 just now is the 3 home defeats they suffered in December/January.

They'll probably still finish above Everton and to think that we wre once confident of finishing above them until our failure to score when it counts knocked us back.

And equally the only thing stopping us from being above them is 3 defeats between November and February.

There's no guarantee they'll be back in the top 4 next season - the current players aren't good enough and they won't be able to attract CL standard players without European football. The example of Liverpool "attracting big names" isn't really accurate, they got Mascherano who was a known top international (but via a broke West Ham) and they got Suarez when he was an international in a Uruguay side which had done well, but wasn't near the level he's got to now. Sturridge was a reserve player for City and Chelsea. Liverpool have bounced along with the likes of unfashionable but decent internationals like Smicer and Agger for years, precisely because they couldn't attract top names without the CL. They've also barely troubled the CL in recent years and it's one of the reasons they can launch a full-scale tilt at the title this season. With another 3 or 4 core player signings if we can keep the vital players, that's pretty much where we could be next season.

What we need is the ability to sell the club based on the vision - Cortese had his faults but he was clearly excellent at that bit.

I should have put a "wink" after it. I was being tongue in cheek. Sorry you didn't detect that. No doubt the revenue that they derive from plastic fans all around the World will get them back into the top four soon, as it did with Liverpool after their dip. But undoubtedly the landscape is changing, with them losing plastic fans after a season like this, whereas many of them will have joined the blue side of Manchester recently instead.

I suspect plenty of that revenue will continue to be channelled into paying off Glazer debts, thankfully.

And equally the only thing stopping us from being above them is 3 defeats between November and February.

There's no guarantee they'll be back in the top 4 next season - the current players aren't good enough and they won't be able to attract CL standard players without European football. The example of Liverpool "attracting big names" isn't really accurate, they got Mascherano who was a known top international (but via a broke West Ham) and they got Suarez when he was an international in a Uruguay side which had done well, but wasn't near the level he's got to now. Sturridge was a reserve player for City and Chelsea. Liverpool have bounced along with the likes of unfashionable but decent internationals like Smicer and Agger for years, precisely because they couldn't attract top names without the CL. They've also barely troubled the CL in recent years and it's one of the reasons they can launch a full-scale tilt at the title this season. With another 3 or 4 core player signings if we can keep the vital players, that's pretty much where we could be next season.

What we need is the ability to sell the club based on the vision - Cortese had his faults but he was clearly excellent at that bit.

Man United are still a very attractive club for top players toplay for; the lack of European football won't help, but they're in a great position to renew their ageing team - just depends how well they manage it.

So you think we could have signed Suarez?

I suspect plenty of that revenue will continue to be channelled into paying off Glazer debts, thankfully.

You do know that the Glazer debts is coming down quite quickly indeed, they owe about £300 Million which may seen a lot but is not that much to them over a few years.

So you think we could have signed Suarez?

Seeing as we couldn't get Coutinho because he preferred Liverpool then I'd really doubt that we could have got Suarez, anyway weren't we in League 1 at the time ? Saints are at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to top rate players, you have to admit that and move on. It won't get any better until we have a better status in the game, that's why we need to hang on to Schneiderlin and Lallana if we can because getting replacements of their quality will be difficult for us...don't care about Shaw.

Still don't think we'll lose any key players this summer, haven't seen any reason yet to think we will. Of course you can never be sure and most players move on eventually, but I reckon Shaw, Lallana and Schneiderlin will still be with us next season and they would be the most "in-demand".

I don't think we'll be spending much though (new second keeper is probably about it), so keeping players will be our main priority. We'd obviously like a new striker and centre back, but I don't think we'll spend an amount that would guarantee a better first choice than what we have.

Still don't think we'll lose any key players this summer, haven't seen any reason yet to think we will. Of course you can never be sure and most players move on eventually, but I reckon Shaw, Lallana and Schneiderlin will still be with us next season and they would be the most "in-demand".

I don't think we'll be spending much though (new second keeper is probably about it), so keeping players will be our main priority. We'd obviously like a new striker and centre back, but I don't think we'll spend an amount that would guarantee a better first choice than what we have.

I think we'll definitely bring in a new striker, with Osvaldo leaving and the Rodriguez situation.

I think we'll definitely bring in a new striker, with Osvaldo leaving and the Rodriguez situation.

Of course, we just cannot go into next season with the squad that we have now. Guly will be leaving, he'll need replacing, Fonte needs replacing because he's gone downhill of late, there is no way that we can expect to do significantly better without at least 4 new quality players.

Of course, we just cannot go into next season with the squad that we have now. Guly will be leaving, he'll need replacing, Fonte needs replacing because he's gone downhill of late, there is no way that we can expect to do significantly better without at least 4 new quality players.

Guly needs replacing ha ha, just a tad.

Seeing as we couldn't get Coutinho because he preferred Liverpool then I'd really doubt that we could have got Suarez, anyway weren't we in League 1 at the time ? Saints are at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to top rate players, you have to admit that and move on. It won't get any better until we have a better status in the game, that's why we need to hang on to Schneiderlin and Lallana if we can because getting replacements of their quality will be difficult for us...don't care about Shaw.

I care about Shaw leaving, I don't want it to happen as we should be able to keep all our key players, but if selling Shaw is what it takes to keep all the others, it would be a small price to pay IMO. Left backs can be replaced. Decent centre backs are hard to find so losing Lovren would hurt, Morgan was one of the best midfielders last season, and Lallana, well irreplaceable. Selling Shaw for £30 million, and offloading Osvaldo and possibly Ramirez, would provide enough finances to really strengthen the side.

A GK, CB, AM and possibly even 2 strikers are needed already. Add a left back and another AM to that and we will need to spend a lot of money in the summer. I can't see us blowing big money in the summer on one player though...

No reason apart from CL football and big pay increases! But hopefully they do stay.

I can only pass on what Pochettino said as translated. He sounded like he had been doing his homework, said he'd spoken to all the players but mentioned Shaw specifically.

I care about Shaw leaving, I don't want it to happen as we should be able to keep all our key players, but if selling Shaw is what it takes to keep all the others, it would be a small price to pay IMO. Left backs can be replaced. Decent centre backs are hard to find so losing Lovren would hurt, Morgan was one of the best midfielders last season, and Lallana, well irreplaceable. Selling Shaw for £30 million, and offloading Osvaldo and possibly Ramirez, would provide enough finances to really strengthen the side.

A GK, CB, AM and possibly even 2 strikers are needed already. Add a left back and another AM to that and we will need to spend a lot of money in the summer. I can't see us blowing big money in the summer on one player though...

We don't really need to spend a lot of money, we just need to get our scouting right and be prepared to offer enough in salary to secure the services of good free agents. 50 K a week over 3 years will cost you about 7.5 million whereas deals like Gaston and Osvaldo will cost you at least 3 times that. Boruc is the only decent free agent that we've signed in years although Steve Davis was a bargain due to Rangers' troubles.

You'd hope so, pretty sure it won't be a big signing though, which is fine given the lack of value we've got when stepping up our spending. We've had more value from Davis than Ramirez, from Cork than Wanyama and from Rodriguez than Osvaldo. So I won't be that disappointed with a striker coming in at a budget.

I'd be really ****ed off if Shaw left, even for £30m. For once, it would be nice to profit from a homegrown player on the pitch, rather than in the bank.

He'll be sensational next season.

great defending, but his delivery is poor for a so-called 30M player.. and we play wing backs not full backs.

So Fonte, who has been a top servant for the club in all three divisions we have been in, should be jettisoned straight away because his form has gone downhill of late. Nothing knee jerk there, then? Don't get me wrong, I would love another Lovren-type for a bargain price, but there are not many of those to be found. Fonte is good enough for us - would spend any funds we have on a backup keeper, a striker with a turn of pace (both to cover Rodriguez in the short term and to inject a bit of needed pace into the squad) and a backup CB to replace Hooiveld. Am also assuming we will bring in replacements for Shaw and Ramirez, on the assumption both of these likely to move on.