JP Verdict on OS...

beatlesaint

http://saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=11111

so we apparently played 2 up front for the last thirty minutes but JP saw no difference and it wouldnt matter if we played five up front !!!!!

Well no Genius Jan it wouldnt have made any difference today cos we were crap BUT does that mean two up front will never happen while he is manager and the reason given will be the last half hour of todays game as the reason/excuse ?

Give me strength......or a manager.....or both !

He was dead before he arrived,Lowe was the grim Reaper taking him away.

23 games and still no hint of self-criticism,it is ALL the players fault.

JP and Lowe are 2 of the same.

Now you mention it its like prep boy has cloned himself, scary........ :D

Originally Euell played just behind DMG,second half they swapped.

Played out the game with BWP and Euell up front supposedly.perhaps i'm wrong.

I'm sure i will be corrected.

I believe you to be correct here, problem is Euell as ever was f**king diabolical today, as were the whole team tbh. McG was awful too, really hacks me off why he gets so much time on the pitch. We need a frontline with presence, simple.

Originally Euell played just behind DMG,second half they swapped.

Played out the game with BWP and Euell up front supposedly.perhaps i'm wrong.

I'm sure i will be corrected.

You are right, I've given the prat every chance, but two up front, plus a left mid that fell over once and no right mid at all, it doesn't matter because the two got no passes, service or help. I hear Lallana was dizzy late on from running round like a headless chicken.

In defence of Poortvliet, we DID play 2 upfront for the majority of the 2nd half. Euell was quite clearly playing alongside McGoldrick and then BWP when he replaced David.

However, that article doesn't make for good reading as it does make Jan sound clueless. Fair play to him for his honesty though. I know a few managers who would try to pull the wool over fans eyes after today's performance, but Jan did admit we were second best throughout and deserved to lose.

In defence of Poortvliet, we DID play 2 upfront for the majority of the 2nd half. Euell was quite clearly playing alongside McGoldrick and then BWP when he replaced David.

However, that article doesn't make for good reading as it does make Jan sound clueless. Fair play to him for his honesty though. I know a few managers who would try to pull the wool over fans eyes after today's performance, but Jan did admit we were second best throughout and deserved to lose.

The only honesty I want from the man is for him to admit he is not up to the job and go.

Everybody that I have spoken with recently reckons that we are tactically deficient and that JP has a distorted vision of 'total football' which nobody (including the players) understands !

It would be nice to play a basic 4-4-2 like just about all the other teams in the division cos this master plan sure as hell ain't working !!!

Disagree DMG dropped into the mythical hole position when Euell went up front.

Playing 2 up front means that they are alongside each other in the middle to feed of flick ons etc, also by being close in the middle it creates more space out wide for fullbacks to overlap.

The days of trying to pull the wool over home fans who have endured every performance this season are long gone.