Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

There's another interesting article on L'Equipe today about underated players of which Morgan is deemed as one, anyway there's an interesting line

in it which states that Saints knocked back an offer from Arsenal in August for 34 million€. Don't ask me where they get that from but it's certainly a new information, true or untrue, L'Equipe rarely writes baseless crap but whether they've got that right or not I just couldn't say.

That's interesting, I hadn't heard about that before. Thanks for sharing.

That Telegraph article a while back seemed to have a lot of insider info regarding bids (something about the meeting with Arsenal expected to be about a bid for Morgan but actually about Chambers?). Wonder where that has come from.

Responding like that at the start of November makes me fear that he hasn't ruled out the possibility of a move in the January window.

Whereas I read it as confirmation that he definitely wouldn't be leaving until at least the end of the season, seeing as he more or less said he'd base his decision on whether Saints were still in CL places.

Admittedly, if we lose a lot of games by mid-January and drop off to 7th or thereabouts, the spectre might raise its head again just before February, but that doesn't seem to be the situation at the moment.

Worth re-stating whilst I'm here that the L'Equipe information is pretty much exactly what he said when interviewed a few weeks after the transfer window closed.

another boring item citing Spuds double deal for Jay Rod and Schneiderlin .....for a measly £35 mill....

If Lallana went for £25 million......does that mean that Schneiderlin isn't worth just as much as AL?....or, are they only valueing Jay Rod at £10 mill?

I hope both players stay and this is only more journo space-filling gossip, but were they to go....I can see MS as at least £25m..and JayRod nearer £20 mill....and NO, we we don't need Townsend.

another boring item citing Spuds double deal for Jay Rod and Schneiderlin .....for a measly £35 mill....

If Lallana went for £25 million......does that mean that Schneiderlin isn't worth just as much as AL?....or, are they only valueing Jay Rod at £10 mill?

I hope both players stay and this is only more journo space-filling gossip, but were they to go....I can see MS as at least £25m..and JayRod nearer £20 mill....and NO, we we don't need Townsend.

With JRod in his current state and out of contract in not so long his value is in fact negligible. 10 million will be a good price for him at the moment, we may think that he's

worth far more but prices are dictated by form and residual contract period and nothing else. JRod probably won't even be fully effective until January or Febuary, then he might not even get into the starting side, A year left and also ran status isn't going to get us much more than 10 million.

With JRod in his current state and out of contract in not so long his value is in fact negligible. 10 million will be a good price for him at the moment, we may think that he's

worth far more but prices are dictated by form and residual contract period and nothing else. JRod probably won't even be fully effective until January or Febuary, then he might not even get into the starting side, A year left and also ran status isn't going to get us much more than 10 million.

And how desperate the buying club are for a quick fix.

That Telegraph article a while back seemed to have a lot of insider info regarding bids (something about the meeting with Arsenal expected to be about a bid for Morgan but actually about Chambers?). Wonder where that has come from.

Arsenal were long rumoured to be interested in MS, then they ended up with Chambers who Wenger said he wanted to turn into a DM. All that would fit with being knocked back on MS.

And how desperate the buying club are for a quick fix.

Indeed, but there are a lot of really good players who are potentially out of contract next summer, it all depends on what JRod does when he gets back into the game. I really don't think we'll get much more for him than we paid for Mané or Tadic or Pelle.

Indeed, but there are a lot of really good players who are potentially out of contract next summer, it all depends on what JRod does when he gets back into the game. I really don't think we'll get much more for him than we paid for Mané or Tadic or Pelle.

You did also say we wouldn't get £20m+ for any of our players. So we'll see ;)

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove
20 mil not 20 quid. I still can't type.

Arsenal were long rumoured to be interested in MS, then they ended up with Chambers who Wenger said he wanted to turn into a DM. All that would fit with being knocked back on MS.

Wenger was supposed to have been all over Morgan at the WC and then it all died a death suddenly when Ralph said his piece. I thought they'd thought better of it as Wenger tends to do when big bucks are required, preferring to try and get something out of Diaby once again (yeah right, he's played one game I think and is now out for yet another 3 months). Arsene is reputed as having long pockets and short arms and always looking out for something for nothing or as near to it as possible. Still I think they'll have a disasterous season this year and then we'll see.

This post on the Echo comments pretty much sums up my thoughts:

Here we go again, surprise surprise. Go on then **** off to a "bigger club like poch did to spuds(12th), lovren, lallana and lambert did to Liverpool (11th) and shaw and chambers did to utd and arsenal (6th&7th). We wouldn't want you to stay at our tinny little club southampton (2nd). Sorry if this is a bit hard on poor Morgan but with comments like this the sooner he goes the better. Bye bye onwards and upwards. COYR

You did also say we wouldn't get £20m+ for any of our players. So we'll see ;)

It's not my fault if some stupid erks paid over the top for average players and who are now regretting having done so. They should have listened to me :rolleyes::rolleyes: and handed me a handsome reward for saving them money really. I always said that at that moment in time Bertrand(no doubt amongst others) was as good a player as Shaw and that no-one in their right mind would pay 25 million or whatever it was for Lallana. They did, more fool them.

That would be vastly inferior to Matic and Fabregas.

Morgan's a great player but he really isn't the world beater some of our fans make him out to be. He wouldn't get close to the Real Madrid or Barcelona teams.

No - he is simply much better than you believe and his stats consistently bear that out.

This is an era of Championship going for £11m, Rodriguez scored 15 Premier League goals in 30 games last season. Yes, he has been injured but is English, 2 1/2 years left on his contract is proven in the Premier League and is at a club don't strapped for cash. I think you are underestimating how much that does to raise his price. We got him for £7m as a Championship player, he isn't going to be sold now he has proved himself for £10m.

Edited by Matthew Le God

This is an era of Championship going for £11m, Rodriguez scored 15 Premier League goals in 30 games last season. Yes, he has been injured but is English, is proven in the Premier League and is at a club don't strapped for cash. I think you are underestimating how much that does to raise his price. We got him for £7m as a Championship player, he isn't going to be sold now he has proved himself for £10m.

He will have 18 months left on his contract at best when he returns to anything like competitive condition, we shall see what happens.

He will have 18 months left on his contract at best when he returns to anything like competitive condition, we shall see what happens.

Theo Walcott is back in the England squad after a similar(ish) injury and 10 minutes of first team football for Arsenal. I think you are overestimating the length of time until he'll be back in our team and underestimating how good a player he is and the value of such a player in the current market.

Theo Walcott is back in the England squad after a similar(ish) injury and 10 minutes of first team football for Arsenal. I think you are overestimating the length of time until he'll be back in our team and underestimating how good a player he is and the value of such a player in the current market.

Overestimating how exactly, we are today at the 13th November, he's not playing at all just now, his contract runs out on 30th June 2016, ie in 19 months and a few days, he'll have to force his way back into the side even then so I don't think I'm really overestimating anything whatsoever.

By the by Walcott is back in the England side because it's selected by a raging idiot.

It's not my fault if some stupid erks paid over the top for average players and who are now regretting having done so. They should have listened to me :rolleyes::rolleyes: and handed me a handsome reward for saving them money really. I always said that at that moment in time Bertrand(no doubt amongst others) was as good a player as Shaw and that no-one in their right mind would pay 25 million or whatever it was for Lallana. They did, more fool them.

You undervalue everything and everyone. This is the point. That is your fault.