Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

Southampton will signal their determination to hold on to Morgan Schneiderlin by telling his suitors, who are headed by Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal, that he would cost them in excess of the £27m that Manchester United paid to sign Luke Shaw.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/25/southampton-morgan-schneiderlin-tottenham?CMP=twt_gu

No team can lose five key players and put another team together in a few weeks

We have bought 2 player lost 5 regular first team players

Anyone heard from Ralph lately . Les is just a failed player

Krueger doesn't have much to do with team affairs or so I'd think and Reed is a prisoner of his England right here right now thinking.

Good to hear, as is the whole of the article. I'm not cracking open the party poppers just yet though. The "you will not get this player for less than £XXm" is very reminiscent of the recent past.

We shall just have to see what comes along. I reckon it comes down to 3 words, BUY OUT CLAUSE.

Good to hear, as is the whole of the article. I'm not cracking open the party poppers just yet though. The "you will not get this player for less than £XXm" is very reminiscent of the recent past.

Why can't the club just say "he's not for sale" ? End of story. This would be a lot more definite than the current 'well, you can't afford him' approach they're adopting.

Putting even a vague and inflated figure on it appears posturing rather than anything else.

Whilst it is conceivable that there could be an offer that was just to big to refuse, that doesn't mean you should announce that to the world. Many other clubs do just what Badger has said that our management should do - just say "not for sale and don't bother coming back with a higher bid because the answer will be the same". If you suggest at what figure you would deal you simply encourage the other parties.

Yet still sold that player......

That is a fair response, and most understand that Al LS RL and now Lovren left for bigger wages and potential medals, but what is fair to expect in return the club to be prepared and ready to replace the outgoings. I was under the impression that the club had a transfer committee ( up til the end of last season ) we all knew we needed replacements, then why did we not have a list ready to put under RK nose and say which ones do you want us to go for. Or have the club changed the committee idea to RK makes the choices? Players leave but you must agree or be surprised at the lack of incoming players.

...then why did we not have a list ready to put under RK nose and say which ones do you want us to go for. ...

And how do you know they didn't, or that RK looked at it, altered it ( adding Pelle, Tadic, and possibly more ), and passed it back ?

To bes honest I don't think we have a leg to stand on if he says he wants to explore his opportunities with either Arsenal or Spurs.

He must look at some of the other sales and know he is a better player than a few of them and really should be looking to move on IMO. A great four or five years at Saints but its the end of that ers and for his career he needs to push on.

And how do you know they didn't, or that RK looked at it, altered it ( adding Pelle, Tadic, and possibly more ), and passed it back ?

I thought the club ran a transfer committee and not one chosen by the manager. Perhaps a change of policy.

The original idea for it was that when a manager left you had continuity of thought not a start again scenario. That of course was under. NC

Not less than £27m apparently....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/25/southampton-morgan-schneiderlin-tottenham

Also "Koeman intends to press on with his incoming business and he is close to a deal for the Celtic centre-half Virgil van Dijk while he has an interest in the Aston Villa centre-half Ron Vlaar. There is the acceptance at the club that Koeman needs a goalkeeper, one or most likely two centre-backs, a striker, as Dani Osvaldo is available for transfer and, probably, another wide midfielder. The forward, Jay Rodriguez, has returned to light training after the cruciate knee ligament injury that he suffered last April and which ruled him out of England’s World Cup squad. Rodriguez hopes to play again in October.

Edited by buctootim

• 3 months later...

This will be his last season as a saints player IMO so just enjoy it. It will be a shame to see him go but I doubt the club can afford to let his contract run down (and I doubt he will sign a new one TBH) so sell him for big money next summer with his stock high. No doubt the club have already identified his replacement(s). Plus once Morgan has gone to Arsenal the saints curse will strike and he will be unable to make a simple 5 yard pass.:p

This will be his last season as a saints player IMO so just enjoy it. It will be a shame to see him go but I doubt the club can afford to let his contract run down (and I doubt he will sign a new one TBH) so sell him for big money next summer with his stock high. No doubt the club have already identified his replacement(s). Plus once Morgan has gone to Arsenal the saints curse will strike and he will be unable to make a simple 5 yard pass.:p

Thought this since the summer.

He'll be gone I reckon. I'll be gutted, he's long been my favourite player and is our best player by some distance IMO.

Can't be too mad at him, he wouldn't look out of place in any squad out there I'd say. He's put in a solid shift here.

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove

Would prefer to see him go abroad. Fed up with other prem teams buying our players then the media going in to frenzy that they now play for that club. Would love to see hI'm at Real Madrid.

agreed- abroad- hate seeing our players for other prem teams- only weakens us and makes them stronger (though not in our defectors case this season hahaha!)

clasie wouldn't be a bad replacement surely should he goes?

Schneiderlin new quotes in L'Equipe

"We'll see at the end of the season if [a transfer] will happen. If we have qualified for the Champions League, I will make the choice."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/11/11/6052041/-

That may well be what he's thinking, but not really the best quotes for him to come out with, we've got to a settled position (as has he), would be good to get through the best part of the season without fueling future speculation.

Would prefer to see him go abroad. Fed up with other prem teams buying our players then the media going in to frenzy that they now play for that club. Would love to see hI'm at Real Madrid.

Wouldn't be surprised if he turned up at PSG or Real etc. I can't see him going to another Premier League club, except perhaps Arsenal if Wenger has finally realised what he's missing in his team ...

That may well be what he's thinking, but not really the best quotes for him to come out with, we've got to a settled position (as has he), would be good to get through the best part of the season without fueling future speculation.

He's only saying what most of us know anyway.

I'm of the opinion that JWP is being groomed as the replacement but as usual, I'm likely to be wrong.