Schneiderlin Transfer Rumours

Saint-Armstrong

Funny last season back when we were the glass ceiling shattering football revolutionaries there would be plenty on here who would have been horrified to be compared to those fly-by-night one season wonders West Brom and Swansea.

Turns out, in fact, they were chock full of Champions League quality players that the top four were desperate to get their hands on.

How brilliant that their super strong board said no means no and kept those teams together. And my, did WBA and Swansea power up the league in the following season. That champions league quality really did tell for them.

Equally comical how we were nowhere near CL quality despite having an abundance if players bought by cL clubs ?...

Apart from hiring a pr agency and explaining we arent a selling club ? Not doing any business with any media who help spread rumours of discontent ? Selling stories and giving access for positive stories ?

Other than that no idea

You can list all the clubs in world football that "aren't selling clubs" on the fingers of one hand. Even Man Utd and Liverpool lose players when Real Madrid and Barcelona come calling.

This

And MLG for the hundreth time you wont be able to avoid losing players, but you can help stop it. The big teams realise we are an easy target right now. Players discontent, the board obviously negotiable. You can always just say 'your not going anywhere' but we are obviously not good at that.

I can easily triple my wages, Im happy where I am with the job I have right now. More often then not it takes you to start looking before you get tempted. And I expect the players started looking and hence liverpool came in for the kill.

I also doubt we got the fees mentioned if im honest

If we're such an easy target, how come we haven't sold anyone to, say, Villa or Stoke?

Apart from hiring a pr agency and explaining we arent a selling club ? Not doing any business with any media who help spread rumours of discontent ? Selling stories and giving access for positive stories ?

Other than that no idea

None of that would have made the slightest difference.

Bale: Mills told the Evening Standard: "We very much want Bale to stay. If a player is desperate to leave, it's very difficult to force him to stay.

"We've seen it in other clubs. Even if he has a contract, you can't force somebody to play for you."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10227746/Gareth-Bale-transfer-we-cant-force-our-star-player-to-stay-says-Tottenham-director.html

Joe Allen. Swansea City manager Michael Laudrup says it would be counterproductive to force Joe Allen to stay at the club against his will.

Midfielder Allen, 22, is set to finalise his £15m move to Liverpool, where he will be reunited with former Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers.

"You can't keep a player who wants to leave," said Laudrup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19215804

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admits he cannot force Bacary Sagna to agree a new deal, but believes it would be the "wrong" decision for the player were he to leave the Emirates Stadium in the summer.

"We won’t make anyone stay who doesn’t want to be at Sevilla. Anyone who wants to walk through the door can do it, though it has to be at our price.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/06/04/4859768/we-wont-force-rakitic-to-stay-say-sevilla

This. It happens to ARSENAL and SEVILLA! FFS. Stop acting like spoilt brats!

Equally comical how we were nowhere near CL quality despite having an abundance if players bought by cL clubs ?...

I've seen this argument used by a number of people, its been explained a number of times to them why it doesn't stand upas an argument but it keeps coming back.

Saints last season had a good number of players good enough for Champions League challenging clubs, but not enough of these players to challenge for it themselves... hence why we came 8th! Because we didn't have the squad depth required and at times had to use the likes of Gazzaniga, Yoshida, Fox etc etc when our first XI wasn't fully available.

As a team, we weren't. We have players, like Shaw, who were/are. We had more than other recent 8th/9th placed teams. Go us.

This

And MLG for the hundreth time you wont be able to avoid losing players, but you can help stop it. The big teams realise we are an easy target right now. Players discontent, the board obviously negotiable. You can always just say 'your not going anywhere' but we are obviously not good at that.

I can easily triple my wages, Im happy where I am with the job I have right now. More often then not it takes you to start looking before you get tempted. And I expect the players started looking and hence liverpool came in for the kill.

I also doubt we got the fees mentioned if im honest

Or amazingly you negotiate with a player. You say unfortunately you aren't for sale right now but if you give us one more year we will let you leave with our blessing. It's what a host of clubs do all the time and it means they avoid the situation of losing all their best players at once.

You aren't seriously telling me that if the likes of Daniel levy was saints chairman that we would have lost as many players as we have this year? It wouldn't happen. I'm very glad cortese has gone but with regards to the handling of player contracts and this sort of thing, I don't think he would have allowed five players to leave at once in this fashion regardless of our financial situation.

Or amazingly you negotiate with a player. You say unfortunately you aren't for sale right now but if you give us one more year we will let you leave with our blessing. It's what a host of clubs do all the time and it means they avoid the situation of losing all their best players at once.

I'm hoping RK succeeds with this tactic with Morgan and Dejan, time will tell. I'm not confident but we still have many other good DMs

I'm hoping RK succeeds with this tactic with Morgan and Dejan, time will tell. I'm not confident but we still have many other good DMs

Seems like Dejan is off so seemingly either that tactic hasn't worked or we didn't try it. I can take losing Shaw for the fee and Rickie. I'm unhappy with losing Adam and losing Dejan and Morgan would be shambolic.

I used to think this forum was the perfect platform for a bunch of d*ck wavers, now I realise it is a good platform for a bunch of d*cks to wave at each other!

The facts are we have sold three, bought two and the two seem promising. We have a new manager who is actively pursuing new targets. Why are so many people passing judgement now? None of us knows exactly what is going on with regard to transfers (even Guan 2.0 and K.billy's Supersound I suspect) and even if they did, the outcome is not exactly certain.

I shall reserve judgement until I see the team we play at Anfield and I I'll probably review it again when the transfer window shuts. I would suggest that everyone on here does that but then they would have to stop waving their d*cks and that would never do!

You aren't seriously telling me that if the likes of Daniel levy was saints chairman that we would have lost as many players as we have this year? It wouldn't happen. I'm very glad cortese has gone but with regards to the handling of player contracts and this sort of thing, I don't think he would have allowed five players to leave at once in this fashion regardless of our financial situation.

Didn't levy sell spurs best player last summer for a big fee?

Didn't those scouse bullies sell their best player last week?

Didn't Chelsea sell Luis for £50m?

If Barca, Real Madrid or PSG come sniffing then even the big boys sell. If they can't block player power and ambition how can we?

If Barca, Real Madrid or PSG come sniffing then even the big boys sell. If they can't block player power and ambition how can we?

Oh dear you didn't read what I said then did you. Where did I say that having someone like levy in charge would mean we wouldn't sell players?

Ha ! don't let a few fact get in the way of the d*cks waving!

Oh dear you didn't read what I said then did you. Where did I say that having someone like levy in charge would mean we wouldn't sell players?

You aren't seriously telling me that if the likes of Daniel levy was saints chairman that we would have lost as many players as we have this year?

That comes close in my book!

You said this:

You aren't seriously telling me that if the likes of Daniel levy was saints chairman that we would have lost as many players as we have this year? "

Can you pls answer my question now?

Seems fairly obvious to me that 2013 top half West Brom without Lukaku were 2014 near-relegation West Brom, hence the lack of interest in the others. Yacob and Mulumbu were also a vital pairing for them, but their results went seriously off when either was paired with anyone else, which suggests neither was the kind of proven talent top sides pick up.

How did we do without Lovren last season?

Ha ! don't let a few fact get in the way of the d*cks waving!

Quite. Too much emotional nonsense on here, not enough facts.

We've lost a good manager and got a good replacement. Ditto a number 10 and striker. We've also got a bloody good young full back to step into a bloody good young full backs boots. Despite that, the world is apparently a bad place.

There are examples of clubs forcing players to stick with their contracts - Suarez at Liverpool last year and Rooney at MU were two cases in point. Its not clear what line our board has taken or whether the players know much more than the fans. If you accept the argument that it is counterproductive to hold a player to his contract that still leaves our board open to the criticism that they have not done what they said they would do, which is to strengthen the squad. Replacing two of the three players who have gone is all very well but it is not strengthening the squad. There is time still to do that and maybe it will start this week, but until people, including the players, actually see it happening the doubts will remain. The longer that goes on, the greater the risk that more players such as Schneiderlin will leave, citing lack of ambition by the Board or small club mentality, etc..

There are examples of clubs forcing players to stick with their contracts - Suarez at Liverpool last year and Rooney at MU were two cases in point. Its not clear what line our board has taken or whether the players know much more than the fans. If you accept the argument that it is counterproductive to hold a player to his contract that still leaves our board open to the criticism that they have not done what they said they would do, which is to strengthen the squad. Replacing two of the three players who have gone is all very well but it is not strengthening the squad. There is time still to do that and maybe it will start this week, but until people, including the players, actually see it happening the doubts will remain. The longer that goes on, the greater the risk that more players such as Schneiderlin will leave, citing lack of ambition by the Board or small club mentality, etc..

Yeah but Liverpool capitulated when enough dosh was offered. Sadly we cannot offer enough money to keep a number of players but SFC will still be here next month and for the foreseeable future and we will still be supporting them.

I really hope Les gets his act together and we try and sign some West Brom players this summer.

Champions League class, the lot of them.

***Scrunches eyes shut and prays we sign Chris Brunt and Graham Dorrans but knowing we could never prise them away***

I really hope Les gets his act together and we try and sign some West Brom players this summer.

Champions League class, the lot of them.

***Scrunches eyes shut and prays we sign Chris Brunt and Graham Dorrans but knowing we could never prise them away***

A couple of their players would be good signings. To be fair

Edited by Batman

If you were offered £100k p/w salary and Champions League football at one of the biggest clubs in world football would you stay at Saints?

Williams, Krueger... whoever.... it makes no difference. Once bids of that size we've had come in we weren't going to keep them.

well said MLG,

it's obvious that this is a win-win situation and even with Luke's great career start there is no guarantee that he will fulfill his "supposed " potential,( although I hope he does).

As for Schneiderlin....if he doesn't want to be at SMS - let him go, I say. He's given great service since coming as aan 18 y.o. and deserves to have been capped more by France.

He is capable of CL football and should have the chance to play. Even a GREAT season for Saints might not see us in the top four and he'd have to wait another year before getting that (CL) chance.

I always had him ear-marked for Arsenal, as I think he's perfect for Wenger style football BUT if he wants to go to Spuds innstead ....put another £5 million on the price.:rolleyes:

I think the lack of leadership for five months and seemingly no figurehead st the top unsettled players even before bids had come in. Someone like John Williams IMO would have had a much better chance of persuading certain players to stay even if it's only a short term basis. This would have allowed the situation to be managed much better without looking like a shambolic and like we are a club on the down.

Really? I can't name the chairman/figurehead of most clubs and I don't see them mentioned in the press. it's a red herring and I am sure the players knew who was in charge. It would be naive to look past the increased wages from other clubs.

No, because their squad didn't have talent remotely close to what we had last season.

So if we had such an infinately talented squad, surely we werent far from challenging at a higher level ? I imagine if that were the case and the players believed it wouldnt take an extortionate level of spending to get us there that a refusal to back the team would be pretty demoralising.

Hence losing a manager and 4 players

Do you all just intentially miss the main points ?

Its not selling one or two is it ? Its 4 and the manager

So if we had such an infinately talented squad, surely we werent far from challenging at a higher level ? I imagine if that were the case and the players believed it wouldnt take an extortionate level of spending to get us there that a refusal to back the team would be pretty demoralising.

Hence losing a manager and 4 players

Because it would still cost a fortune to create a CL squad and give CL pay rises to the existing squad. We were miles off that. Miles.

Do you all just intentially miss the main points ?

Its not selling one or two is it ? Its 4 and the manager

New manager = new team, it's quite common. Normally a new manager brings in a load of players that he knows and trusts and the club are left with a load of unwanted ones on their books. We're just having our clear out early. :)

Because it would still cost a fortune to create a CL squad and give CL pay rises to the existing squad. We were miles off that. Miles.

I wouldnt say miles, we were a way off yes, but arguably closer then we have ever been, and likely not be that close again. Some modest spending on 3 players would have put us in a much better position. And perhaps it would have been enough to appease some of the players. We'll never know

Like I said, I always knew we'd lose 1-2 but this level of loss is rediculous

I wouldnt say miles, we were a way off yes, but arguably closer then we have ever been, and likely not be that close again. Some modest spending on 3 players would have put us in a much better position. And perhaps it would have been enough to appease some of the players. We'll never know

I don't call giving Shaw and Lallana six figure weekly wages "modest spending".

Just fairyland stuff, I'm afraid.

I don't call giving Shaw and Lallana six figure weekly wages "modest spending".

Just fairyland stuff, I'm afraid.

We could potentially have resisted, unlike many believe we didnt have to sell all of them. This isnt going anywhere by the way, so I cant be arsed any longer.

As I keep saying, its not the selling of one or two is it ?

Every team sells players. There is a food chain and we are way down on it.

However not many teams potentially sell 50% of their outfield starting line up in one transfer window. I think most can agree on that right?

Agreed, it's a fairly unique and disappointing scenario. However, our stability has been undermined by both Lallana and Lovren so I can't hold the board accountable where those two shysters are concened. Lambert, well, we didn't want to stand in his way, supposedly. At any rate, he was going to be supplanted by a new signing. Shaw to Man United was always going to happen. Schneiderlin is the (board's) litmus test. He needs to stay, if only for a season. If we can exit this window having lost four first team players, one of whom wasn't going to be starting this coming season, that'd be okay.

No players were going to be playing CL football and earning £100k+ a week with Saints, it's as simple as that.

No players were going to be playing CL football and earning £100k+ a week with Saints, it's as simple as that.

Yet some believed that it was going to happen. That players would turn down the big clubs to stay with saints because they believed in 'the vision' that 100k a week at Man United was nothing when you play with your mates at saints for 30k a week. And now their pint sized hero had gone that isnt going to happen anymore.

Yet some believed that it was going to happen. That players would turn down the big clubs to stay with saints because they believed in 'the vision' that 100k a week at Man United was nothing when you play with your mates at saints for 30k a week. And now their pint sized hero had gone that isnt going to happen anymore.

The worst thing is they believed the spiel sovereign bow struggling to face up to the truth, and they're embarrassing themselves with their behaviour. Class.