Boruc Vs Forster

St Chalet

Who would you pick?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

come on guys . seriously

i cant believe nobody has worked out Koemans new game plan. Why do you think we havent signed a replacement for Lovren?

Simple.

We will be playing 3 defenders and 2 Goalkeepers this season.

So Boruc and Forster in goal

Clyne Fonte Bertrand in defence.

In some games could also see us dropping a midfielder and bringing KD in to play revolutionary 3 3 4 1 system.

Sorry Artur is flawed, his kicking is atrocious and he is a liability in the Premiership. A character and when he concentrates he can be wonderful but......................................

Absolute rubbish mate.

Have yet to see what people see in Forster. He's crap and Foster played far better for England and Marshall is streaks better. Will be sad if we waste money and don't put a better bid in for Marshall.

Sorry Artur is flawed, his kicking is atrocious and he is a liability in the Premiership. A character and when he concentrates he can be wonderful but......................................

Just wait and see when we have a goalie who doesn't command the Penalty box.. then you may appreciate Boruc.

Just wait and see when we have a goalie who doesn't command the Penalty box.. then you may appreciate Boruc.

We've had Gazzaniga for extended periods over the past two seasons. I think we know exactly what it's like to have a goalie that doesn't command the penalty box let alone inspire confidence in his team mates.

Forster for me. Boruc is a great stopper but can't distribute newspapers.

Forster is the worst goalkeeper with the ball at his feet I've ever seen at Celtic. Fantastic talent but like I said on here a few days ago, I don't think he took up football until he was in his late teens, hence the severe lack of technical ability with the ball at his feet.

He's not playing in the Premiership.

Kicking is fine - when he concentrates. Best keeper in the Prem - when he concentrates. Guess what his flaw is?

Forster is the worst goalkeeper with the ball at his feet I've ever seen at Celtic. Fantastic talent but like I said on here a few days ago, I don't think he took up football until he was in his late teens, hence the severe lack of technical ability with the ball at his feet.

Certainly knows how to wang a ball into the opposite end, and he can't be any worse than Kelvin Davis at kicking decisions.

.....then it should be a good test of the abilities of our new goalie coach Dave Watson ?

Interesting article in the Sunday Times quoting Lennon who managed both. In sum, Lennon said that Boruc needed far more management off the pitch than the more reliable Forster.

Not sure Boruc would have lasted long under WGS.

Lennon would know all about management off pitch seeing as his behaviour off it wasn't any better than boruc's in Glasgow.

And it was WGS who managed and brought boruc to celtic

It was well known as long as boruc performed on pitch WGS ignored a lot of off field stuff that went on

He's 34 now though and recently married, surely he isnt still living the same life as in his 20s?

Exactly. No.

But a bench and absent wife will not help all that behaviour not being repeated. Or maybe being older and wiser will make the difference

Edited by irene

Just spoken to a Celtic friend in Scotland. Her uncle is a Celtic board member. She reckons they'll be in for Boruc if they get half a chance as he's considered far better than Forster. Says Forster can't handle crosses and only his height works in his favor.

Can't believe no-ones mentioned Cody Cropper yet, I think he is easily good enough and ready to be challenging for the first team.

Forster has come here to be #1, that's pretty much nailed on, and surely that spells the exit for Artur? Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to stay and fight for his place, but he's good enough to be first choice elsewhere and will probably ask to leave.

Point being that Forster as first choice with Cropper as back up is the answer.

Oh, and Gazzaniga can do one as well!