Saturdays Games (16 Aug)

Batman

An insight into the life of Michael Owen.

What do you listen to in the car on the way there? I don’t listen to anything. I don’t know why, but the car’s always been my own quiet space. When the kids are in the car they always want a song on, but I’m just happy with my thoughts.

What’s the last film you saw? It’s very boring, but I don’t watch films. I think I’ve seen about five in my life. I just can’t get into them.

Who would play you in a film of your life? What, an actor? I don’t know any actors.

What wakes you up sweating in the middle of the night? You know, I don’t really worry about much.

Cheese or chocolate? That’s a tough one. Probably cheese.

Can you tell me a joke? [Thinks for a while] Err … I’m one of those people who’s awful at telling them. I get told so many. Oh god, I heard a good one the other day. Come back to me.

Do you laugh easily? I love, love a night out where there’s a comedian. Do I laugh easily? Yeah, I’d say if you came into my house, you’d be surprised how loud and happy I am. I think most people see me as quite straight and boring, but we have a lot of fun at home.

goes to show that pre season forms means jack shyt

united have been and looked very good in pre season

have no idea about swansea, guessing they have looked bad lol

edit - yep, swansea, drew 1, lost 3, won 2 in pre season

Edited by Batman

Swansea weren't brilliant, but at least they had a plan. Nice one to Swansea; if I were a United fan I'd be very worried about when my next load of glory is due in.

it was odd, wasnt it.

seeing ashley young at left wing back and then left back.

jauzuzai at right wing back before he moved to a more natural position

thought that herrera looked average (sure, he will grow)

their CBs are dog shyt

watching paint dry is like a New Years eve celebration in his world. I assume he has to do work to keep paying for his betting

Isn't Owen the bookie rather than the mug punter, I thought he relieved Rooney from a large sum in that fashion?