Deliberate or Glenn Cockerill Special ?

alpine_saint

Yes, calling some one an imbecile, a moron and needing doctor attention were all merited by the orginial question, werent they ?

Imbecile - check

Moron - check

Needing a doctor - well you do suffer from obesity so a blood pressure check might be in Order. Check.

Yes, I didnt watch a game for which THIS BIT I was unable to identify a source of coverage THAT BIT from here in Austria.

Talk about stating the bleedin obvious :facepalm:

I have an image of some rat arsed bloke looking for his lap top. :)

I can't believe the sarcasm on this thread. Even worse I can't believe that some people actually don't realise that it is sarcasm and some have even gone as far as to apparently become convinced that it genuinely was deliberate! How gullible can you be! Worse than all of this I fear that maybe there are less being sarcastic than I think. I also seriously suspect some people are unsure what to think but dare not speak out the obvious fact that it was a fluky miss-kick for fear of being ridiculed.

Well, for my part, I don't often do sarcasm (as it is the lowest form of wit), so let's just acknowledge that it was a moment to both cringe and laugh at the hapless Shane Long and to hope that somewhere he does have some ability to warrant the massive amount of money spent on him.

As for those debating seriously whether this might possibly have been deliberate, all I can do is roll my eyes and shake my head in disbelief! Please... just think about it - think especially about the air shot that brought the whole comical incident to a close and realise that that is not the kick of a player performing an amazing trick but the kick of a buffoon who has just accidentally struck the ball with his standing leg and yet still tries to follow through with his kick like some kid in the school playground!

In short, I am putting my head above the parapet of sarcastic wit ready for whatever tirade anyone might wish to launch at me as a result. Though to be honest, as a mere 'registered member' here, don't expect me to respond anytime soon!

PS I appreciate that the whole reason for the sarcastic wit was that this subject didn't, in some people's opinion, need a thread of its own and that it has been extensively discussed elsewhere. If it doesn't need a thread of its own, why not close this thread now before it gets completely out of hand! Thanks.

I can't believe the sarcasm on this thread. Even worse I can't believe that some people actually don't realise that it is sarcasm and some have even gone as far as to apparently become convinced that it genuinely was deliberate! How gullible can you be! Worse than all of this I fear that maybe there are less being sarcastic than I think. I also seriously suspect some people are unsure what to think but dare not speak out the obvious fact that it was a fluky miss-kick for fear of being ridiculed.

Well, for my part, I don't often do sarcasm (as it is the lowest form of wit), so let's just acknowledge that it was a moment to both cringe and laugh at the hapless Shane Long and to hope that somewhere he does have some ability to warrant the massive amount of money spent on him.

As for those debating seriously whether this might possibly have been deliberate, all I can do is roll my eyes and shake my head in disbelief! Please... just think about it - think especially about the air shot that brought the whole comical incident to a close and realise that that is not the kick of a player performing an amazing trick but the kick of a buffoon who has just accidentally struck the ball with his standing leg and yet still tries to follow through with his kick like some kid in the school playground!

In short, I am putting my head above the parapet of sarcastic wit ready for whatever tirade anyone might wish to launch at me as a result. Though to be honest, as a mere 'registered member' here, don't expect me to respond anytime soon!

PS I appreciate that the whole reason for the sarcastic wit was that this subject didn't, in some people's opinion, need a thread of its own and that it has been extensively discussed elsewhere. If it doesn't need a thread of its own, why not close this thread now before it gets completely out of hand! Thanks.

No tirade, but you are wrong.

TBF, there may not have been a decent internet connection in Darlington either

Yes, you're right.. it's a rubbish connection! ;)

Also though, being on holiday in Malvern, having travelled down here on Saturday, my laptop and phone have tried and tried to get a connection to my rubbish internet connection in Darlington without success... strangely enough!

Yet, the continual attempts of my computer and phone to connect to a connection completely out of range are rather like the continual repetition of the same joke on this thread....

Or to put it another way: 'Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.' (credited to Einstein) ;)

Which leads to the question: "Insanely unfunny" - a title to credit to me for criticising the sarcasm on this thread? ...or one to credit to those who repeatedly sneer at anyone who doesn't either like (in my case) or understand (in the case of many others) their humour?

Far too subtle for most. Either that, or very stupid. I'll err on the side of caution and go for the latter. :)