Clarke Carlisle

whelk

Would you say that about children who have died of preventable illnesses that science has allowed us to cure, but whose parents have decided to not take them to hospital and pray for them instead?

A false hope in prayer is harmful.

For example...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1203791/Father-prayed-taking-diabetic-daughter-11-hospital-faces-jail.html

That is not an isolated case.

ARE YOU SUGGESTING that the Kick It Out bros should attempt open heart surgery?

What have I said that is insensitive?

Appearing to be insensitive, ie berating a perceived, significant religious bias in the Kick it out campaign rather than offering any sort of concern or sympathy for the injured parties.

Whether you are right or wrong about the kick it out campaign, you appear to be insensitive.

Would you say that about children who have died of preventable illnesses that science has allowed us to cure, but whose parents have decided to not take them to hospital and pray for them instead?

For example...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1203791/Father-prayed-taking-diabetic-daughter-11-hospital-faces-jail.html

No its not, its there right to believe in whatever they want.

You were banging on about equality a moment ago and now you are speaking out against those that choose to follow a religion. Showing your prejudice here isnt required MLG

Bore off you moronic tit

No its not, its there right to believe in whatever they want.

You were banging on about equality a moment ago and now you are speaking out against those that choose to follow a religion. Showing your prejudice here isnt required MLG

Bore off you moronic tit

Not allowing your child medical treatment in order to pray for them instead is a form of child abuse. It is a believe in the power of prayer that people act in this way, so praying is harmful as it gives false hope. It is also criminal, especially if the child dies from a condition modern science can cure.

Not allowing your child medical treatment in order to pray for them instead is a form of child abuse. It is a believe in the power of prayer that people act in this way, so praying is harmful as it gives false hope. It is also criminal, especially if the child dies from a condition modern science can cure.

I pray you find the courage to admit when you have made an error of judgement.

Appearing to be insensitive, ie berating a perceived, significant religious bias in the Kick it out campaign rather than offering any sort of concern or sympathy for the injured parties.

Whether you are right or wrong about the kick it out campaign, you appear to be insensitive.

Post #18

Of course I hope he recovers.

For example...

You have excelled yourself on this thread MLG and managed to position yourself as more of fu cking idiot than I already had you down as.

How's your letter of complaint to Kick It Out coming along? Don't forget to share it with us.

You have excelled yourself on this thread MLG and managed to position yourself as more of fu cking idiot than I already had you down as.

You ignored my rebuttal. What do you think of the man in the article? Do you consider it child abuse to prevent your child from proven to work medical treatment that would cure them because you want to pray to an unproven deity in the clouds?

Im deeply athiest, but if you strongly believe in something thats your choice and who the **** am I or you to tell someone else what they should believe in

The scary thing here is you are a ****ing teacher !! Jesus wept

Why dont you admit you made an error of judgement in your opening post rather then trying to scew the arguement to suit your prejudiced agenda

For example...

I expect that case was at the front of kick it outs minds when they made their earlier statement. I think you should pull them up on this mlg, it's in the public interest.

If you strongly believe in something thats your choice and who the **** am I or you to tell someone else what they should believe in

Because preventing your child getting medical treatment that has been proven by science to work time after time and instead to pray for them when praying has never been demonstrated to work is a form of child abuse. That is why parents have been prosecuted for acting in such a way.

What if a Christian strongly believes in this passage from the commandments...

For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him. Leviticus 20:9

...and then kills their child. Is that okay with you because they believe it strongly?

Good people do good things, bad people do bad things; but to get a good person to do a bad thing it often takes religion.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Because preventing your child getting medical treatment that has been proven by science to work time after time and instead to pray for them when praying has never been demonstrated to work is a form of child abuse. That is why parents have been prosecuted for acting in such a way.

...and then kills their child. Is that okay with you because they believe it strongly?

This has got naff all to do with clarke carlisle has it ? Purely just you against religion

I feel for your family

You ignored my rebuttal. What do you think of the man in the article? Do you consider it child abuse to prevent your child from proven to work medical treatment that would cure them because you want to pray to an unproven deity in the clouds?

Can you point to where the Kick It Out campaign state that they feel Clark Carlisle requires no medical support and can be cured entirely through prayer? Show me the quote.

Don't ever think you can give me a rebuttal you fu cking autistic.

For example...

Woah MLG, let's take our foot of the pedal for a sec. No one said he shouldn't be taken to hospital.

As an aside, those people were Pentecostals and an off shoot of Christianity.

MLG, let's get back to the basics. You said:

Should an organisation that campaigns for equality be endorsing one religion over all the others/none? How is that equality? The Kick it Out campaign should be neutral when it comes to religion.

Which is wrong. Kick It Out are not endorsing one religion over all the others. They offered 'thoughts and prayers' which is entirely non-specific to which religion or deity a person may pray to.

All the rest since is pointless. You interpreted it hastily and your refusal to acknowledge that since is rapidly eliminating any remaining credibility you may have had. I've defended you in the past, but not on this one. You're wrong, plain and simple.

Good people do good things, bad people do bad things; but to get a good person to do a bad thing it often takes religion.

Never mind that the hospital Clarke is staying in was probably initially set up out of religious benevolence.

Anyway, all beside the point. You well and truly shat the bed yet seem quite happy to lie in it.

For someone so opposed to religion (more accurately, religious fundamentalism), you certainly don't lack in certainty and righteousness. What's your excuse?

I don't think I have seen such universal disapproval and united opinion on here such as this. That may tell you something ml..GOD(you believed back then?) when even all those who naturally disagree with each other by default are united.

For example...

i think you've really misunderstood a key point here. The idea is tolerance of all religions, not an attempt to silence them all equally. If somebody who is part of a group promoting religious tolerance can't express their own faith, who on Earth can? You are saying somebody saying they are praying should be made to stop. That is incredibly intolerant and oppressive.

To be fair to MLG he's turned this thread quite humorous, which might be in bad taste but Carlisle is not in life threatening injuries and even he's laugh at how someone can be such a dinlo. From wishing Carlisle all the best to prayers abusing children in about 50 odd posts.:lol:

Is MLG unaware that this is a stock response to tragic incidents?

Is he trying to make a hilarious observation regarding equality and political correctness?

Who knows.

I remember seeing CC interviewed on BBC breakfast some time ago, he struck me as the most articulate and intelligent ex-footballer/pundit I had ever heard, and I hope he makes a full recovery.