Jack Cork Signs for Swansea

Saint-Armstrong

looking at a 25 year old player who was an ever-present in the L1 season, but has since been overshadowed in the Championship / Prem. seasons by others, Jack only got games when others were injured.

He would have felt he spent too much time on the bench and not enough from the start. One quote yesterday(about contract offer) said ..." it wasn't about the numbers, it was about playing time." Says it all.

I don't blame him really, he still has a good few years of football in him, and he'll be one of the first names on Garry Monk's team sheet every week which is what he wants / needs.

The bottom line being - we got £4 million for a " bench player " who cost 750K five years ago, and contributed well enough to the journey with over 120 games.

Good luck Jack. If he stays fit ...Swansea may see a good emerging Prem. midfielder, and they will say they got a good deal in this market.

So much of this is just factually wrong.

We got £1.5m not £4m.

He wasn't with us in L1.

Etc

I don't get this, "only a squad player" Football these days is very much a squad game and if we are to qualify for Europe, we need a deeper squad. I think we'll do well to get a better "squad player" than Jack Cork.

But I think it's Jack's decision not to be a 'squad' player, it's his choice to move. Good performer for us but, understandably, he wants regular first team football which obviously won't happen here.

But I think it's Jack's decision not to be a 'squad' player, it's his choice to move. Good performer for us but, understandably, he wants regular first team football which obviously won't happen here.

I agree with this and he's moving for the right reasons IMO but to say he's no loss is completely wrong!

He'll have a stable career in the PL I'm sure.

Well done and the best of luck Jack, you showed your quality, were great value for Saints and I'm proud that you were part of our rise and establishment back in the Prem!

For those ITK, how is Swansea like? ****, good, boring? Guess a house in the Gower can be as nice as in the New Forest...

Don't think he would have made that decision if he had been offered a contract back when Fonte was.

Yes, can't help thinking we could have done more to stop Cork leaving by offering him the deal early this season when he was in the side and playing well. In my opinion, the apparent reluctance to give him a new contract at that stage is what pushed him further towards the exit.

Oh well, it's done now, so let's hope we can sign another midfielder of Cork's quality before the deadline.