Drink?

Coxford_lou

What number are you on the good looking scale thing Coxford_lou?

I am a 6, in my own head, 4 in other people's.

Really? Oh. Poor you.

Looks are subjective. What one person considers attractive, is not necessarily the same as the next person.

Which is why it's a pointless discussion. If you want to join us for a drink, come join us. If you don't, then don't. But there sure won't be any photos.

Really? Oh. Poor you.

Looks are subjective. What one person considers attractive, is not necessarily the same as the next person.

Which is why it's a pointless discussion. If you want to join us for a drink, come join us. If you don't, then don't. But there sure won't be any photos.

I don't really think that's true, is it? People generally have fairly convergent views of what constitutes attractive. Sure people value certain attributes over others, sure, but there's typically wide agreement on levels of attractiveness. Otherwise (certain, but really most) moviestars and (all) models wouldn't enjoy the suucess that they do if they didn't have universal appeal.

I'd love to join you, but I'm on the wrong continent. I could send my brother though - he's more of a 7 (5)!

I don't really think that's true, is it? People generally have fairly convergent views of what constitutes attractive. Sure people value certain attributes over others, sure, but there's typically wide agreement on levels of attractiveness. Otherwise (certain, but really most) moviestars and (all) models wouldn't enjoy the suucess that they do if they didn't have universal appeal.

I'd love to join you, but I'm on the wrong continent. I could send my brother though - he's more of a 7 (5)!

That may be correct from a technical point of view. But in the real world men (and women) like to belittle women for their looks all the time. The kind of guy you are will have more bearing on the answer to the question.

That said, I've not had any complaints ;)

Ah, now we're finally starting to get somewhere deep into the psyche of Mr Bateman. Lie back, get comfortable and tell me more...

Getting even further here, also getting slightly disturbing.

Ramming them down your throat and watching you choke on them? Yes.

Patrick, did you have an abusive step-father per chance?

Anyway, maybe we should organise an end of season boat party to celebrate our top four finish.

Anyway, maybe we should organise an end of season boat party to celebrate our top four finish.

If it is good enough for West Ham!

There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real him only an entity something illusory. and though he can hide his cold glaze and you can shake his hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you even think your lives are probably comparable; he simply is not there.

There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real him only an entity something illusory. and though he can hide his cold glaze and you can shake his hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you even think your lives are probably comparable; he simply is not there.

Did he not pay his £5 then?

....and you'll see Tony Pulis is the super-special guest.

Brought in just for CB Fry.

Is Barrie still the landlord of The Farmhouse, pap?

He is (was), a proper, old-school landlord. There's something malevolent lurking just below the surface, I don't suppose he gets much trouble. Good bloke, mind.

Not sure if he'd turn a blind-eye to cubicle-sex or beat the living **** out of everyone involved.

He is (was), a proper, old-school landlord. There's something malevolent lurking just below the surface, I don't suppose he gets much trouble. Good bloke, mind.

Not sure if he'd turn a blind-eye to cubicle-sex or beat the living **** out of everyone involved.

Why don't you come to the pub on Wednesday and make jokes like that to my face, Bletch? If you've got the nerve.

If you mean this Barry (pictured in article), then yeah.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/feb/08/immigration-street-channel-4-derby-road-southampton-benefits-street-demonised

Good bloke.

Good bloke indeed. He's carrying a bit more timber amidships these days.

And that picture makes him look like a cuddly uncle - and he's a thoroughly nice bloke, but if it ever kicked off in The Farmhouse, I'd make sure I was standing behind Barrie.

I'll make sure I head there after the next game I get to, and let you play the "Is that Bletch" game.

I've been in The Farmhouse a few times post match, and always seems to have a nice vibe, and good banter with Bar Staff.

Nearly did a runner 1st time I saw the 2 Bulldogs (?) ... but they really are big softies. But who knows, maybe there's a Trigger Word The Landlord can use and they'll rip your throat out :uhoh:

Have fun Boys and Girl!!

Why don't you come to the pub on Wednesday and make jokes like that to my face, Bletch? If you've got the nerve.

Apologies, Lou I didn't see your reply at the time.

Look, as I tried to explain in TMS, I'm not planning to share naked videos of myself with you, and I won't be doing anything to your face on Wednesday evening.

Sorry! But those are the facts.

But, would it really take nerve to meet you and share a bit of banter, Lou? I'm not normally nervous of meeting anyone socially. Why should it take nerve? Do you find it difficult to laugh at yourself? I can help with that.

But, I will be in there from time to time, so it would be great to meet you.

Perhaps you could take me outside and show me your rig?

But, would it really take nerve to meet you and share a bit of banter, Lou? I'm not normally nervous of meeting anyone socially. Why should it take nerve? Do you find it difficult to laugh at yourself? I can help with that.

Aw, Bletchy, you've gone all serious on me. Do you think if I found it difficult to laugh at myself, I'd last on here for more than 5 minutes?!

Shame you can't make it on Weds...

Aw, Bletchy, you've gone all serious on me. Do you think if I found it difficult to laugh at myself, I'd last on here for more than 5 minutes?!

Shame you can't make it on Weds...

Y'see, this is the advantage of you insisting that we all go to "Pap's pub". I'm going there anyway, which means I don't have to move.

Fear not though, Lou. On the off-chance that you are not a large moustachioed trucker looking out for bum love, you won't be the only female there. I shall be bringing Juvenile Unit #1 along for this, having just agreed to pay for the cost of her travelling upkeep, as per.

Y'see, this is the advantage of you insisting that we all go to "Pap's pub". I'm going there anyway, which means I don't have to move.

Fear not though, Lou. On the off-chance that you are not a large moustachioed trucker looking out for bum love, you won't be the only female there. I shall be bringing Juvenile Unit #1 along for this, having just agreed to pay for the cost of her travelling upkeep, as per.

Pap, since the Manchester thread, I think I've probably scared off anyone from joining us. They think I'll be a ball breaker! Which makes me feel very sad. Guys, I promise I won't talk about feminism!! Just football!

It will be very nice to meet you and your daughter, Pap...

Pap, since the Manchester thread, I think I've probably scared off anyone from joining us. They think I'll be a ball breaker! Which makes me feel very sad. Guys, I promise I won't talk about feminism!! Just football!

It will be very nice to meet you and your daughter, Pap...

Daughter is an arch-feminist. I'd love to see them try their shít around her :)

Did Frank Zappa inspire your choice of names for her :lol: