Drink?

Coxford_lou

Who was it?

I can't quite remember, Mark Fotheringham maybe? He turned down an offer from us. Licka may have played the same game but I don't think it was him.

You work in PR dont you? When did you leave? We're you the loser in the power struggle with Jordan Sibley for the Cortese lap dog post?

Ha. Back then things were very different...

Have to say my personal favourite golden era was Help me Rhondda/LifeLongSaint/Barry the Briefcase (someone please put the photo up) and Saintlee's ITK takeover epic fail. I got invited to one of (possibly the first) meetings that Saintlee organised for that, but couldn't go. I can't actually remember who Lee's contact actually was - was it our favourite photocopier salesman? Or someone else?

Oh him! He turned up at Bournemouth when they were well and truly in the mire. Funnily enough, I went on to work for them as well that same season! Mark someone?

The photocopier salesman was... Marc Jackson.

I remember Marc Jackson denying he was a photocopier salesman. Yet Turkish can reveal that my first every sales job was for an office equipment company and one of the photocopier salesmen driving round in his company cavalier was a certain Marc Jackson.

I remember Marc Jackson denying he was a photocopier salesman. Yet Turkish can reveal that my first every sales job was for an office equipment company and one of the photocopier salesmen driving round in his company cavalier was a certain Marc Jackson.

:lol:

I met him once, in about 2006, in what was the pub at the end of Town Quay - he gave me a lift to the Zeb bar after. He was there with Peter Reid's brother or something, all really weird.

'Grabbing' a drink and 'cripes'... You sure you live in Leyton? You sound like a Yank.

I live in Yankeeland and nobody would ever think of saying "Cripes". It's a most British of phrase.

Even the Daily Mail agrees with me...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2053670/Cripes-Traditional-British-words-face-extinction-text-speak-norm.html

You do realise America is a real place and not just a repository for your pet peeves?

Look forward to meeting you. Can you pretend you're Turkish?

I'm not old or bald enough to do a Turkish, let alone my total lack of pedigree in selling stationary.

In the style of the Donkey at the end of the first Shrek film 'Pick me, Pick me'...

It will be damaging to your 'rep' - be warned.

I'll wait with baited breath to hear reports from those that went to confirm that Coxford_Lou is 6'4 and 25 stone. And uses a urinal ... for its intended purpose.

I hope to never see any video of him/her noshing someone off while sat on the urinal.

Well, the one thing that I think we've all learned is that while there is much talk on the forum, there is very little action.

Three people. Three f**king people.

And I know, I know. Someone is going to bash out the much-anticipated "meeting people off the Internet in a pub is weird". Thing is, /not/ meeting people you interact with is actually weirder. I know this from my transatlantic travels. Lot of benefit to actually meeting people; 99% of them are forever sound thereafter.

Thanks to Bucks and Lou for your company. We may have been the only three people from the forum, but it was cool having a drink with the pair of you.

Well, the one thing that I think we've all learned is that while there is much talk on the forum, there is very little action.

And I know, I know. Someone is going to bash out the much-anticipated "meeting people off the Internet in a pub is weird". Thing is, /not/ meeting people you interact with is actually weirder. I know this from my transatlantic travels. Lot of benefit to actually meeting people; 99% of them are forever sound thereafter.

Thanks to Bucks and Lou for your company. We may have been the only three people from the forum, but it was cool having a drink with the pair of you.

*like*

Sorry pap. Mrs G was saving lives so couldn't make it. Don't not invite me next time!

I contemplated dropping in, but it would've been really awkward if there was only the three of you as I don't think I've chatted to any of you on here!

Ended up having a drink with a lovely lady that I've been chatting to on POF, so rest assured I made good use of the time.

I contemplated dropping in, but it would've been really awkward if there was only the three of you as I don't think I've chatted to any of you on here!

Ended up having a drink with a lovely lady that I've been chatting to on POF, so rest assured I made good use of the time.

You must have heard, four is not a crowd? You would be very welcome but I cant promise to beat the lovely chat you ended up having

POF? How come you weren't hanging out of the back of her by half time?

You must have heard, four is not a crowd? You would be very welcome but I cant promise to beat the lovely chat you ended up having

Fair point, I'll come say "hi" next time :)

POF? How come you weren't hanging out of the back of her by half time?

What a charmer! In it for the long game, not a quickie. Apologies if that's not banterific enough.

Because it's funny? It's meeting randoms off the internet.

You probably are very nice person, but you could look like Meg Ryan, Jennifer Lawrence, Jo Brand or a 6'4 male hairy biker - the speculation and banter is amusing.

I'm just teasing ya. What's more funny though, is after 300 posts on this thread, only three people had the nerve to show!

Next time I might start a 'Dinner?' thread and really raise the stakes...