Victor Wanyama tells The Sun that Arsenal want to sign him

Saint-Armstrong

Has he denied he wants out? Or denied he's spoken to anyone?

I imagine he'll wait until summer and if/when a bid comes in he'll want to leave. We need him to stay, I want him to stay, but I struggle to come up with many reasons he should. Europa league, bigger contact...over moving to London, trebling wages, playing in the CL, challenging for titles. Hmmm.

Because he has a contract with saints. I really can't see the club letting Morgan and Victor go in one summer. My guess is Morgan will go this summer and Victor will have to see out another season with us (and suck it up like Morgan did) in the meantime Harrison Reed will probably find him self getting a lot more first team action next season.

So do we conclude that Yuki IS Saint Charlie?

And Batman IS DellDays?

Any more duplicate posters? Can someone link them up so we know. Maybe there is really only 6 people on here, but all (except me) have multiple personalities (oh no, we don't).

Batman and Delldays is not a duplicate poster - one replaced the other.

Oh Lord, this really is getting like "I'm Spartacus" .... "No, I'm Spartacus" ..... "I'm Spartacus, and so is my mother"

That's actually a long running joke on here already.

As is "I'm Dan Kerins" in certain circles.

Dear Vic, Nathaniel, Morgan and Jay, if you are going to go this summer, then just F**k Off let us have the money, and we will try and buy better. I stopped caring whether anyone signed, stayed or left last summer, and I certainly won't be wasting time applauding any of them on their walk round the pitch after the Villa game.

We get players, enjoy their talents for two or three years, and they move on. It's modern football, and I really don't think anyone should give a s**t about whether one money grabbing bastard or another decides to stay for another year or not.

Would love to keep you but not sure what your best position is.

Les Reed isn't aware of any interest in me.

After today's Wanyama inspired fiasco I'm going to just take a break and come back, refreshed after the end of the season as pro everything, NickG style poster. Those were my roots. See you then.

Errr, no, Eric.

If people are creating fake profiles, I wish they'd create more female ones, so I'd at least be under the illusion that this place wasn't just an old blokes home.

Just a suggestion.

Someone should be transgender, if an olympic decathlete can (bruce jenner not daley), then I am sure a Muppet Show regular could volunteer

Les Reed isn't aware of any interest in me.

After today's Wanyama inspired fiasco I'm going to just take a break and come back, refreshed after the end of the season as pro everything, NickG style poster. Those were my roots. See you then.

Just got off the phone with Les apparently Pompey online has offered 2 quid and a button for you and he has accepted. Your new user name over there is Fishfiddler Charlie and your services are required to discuss pompey players contract situations....

thanks for your contribution and good luck with your new club

Sorry, that image upload hasn't worked, but basically he's started following Dejan Lovren on Instagram tonight. Whats that all about?!

They used to play together and are probably friends?

They used to play together and are probably friends?

Timing is everything my friend. He followed him tonight, two hours ago. After all this sh!te today. But maybe it was just an amazing coincidence and really he loves Saints so much and wants to stay forever...

And just to be contrarian, would you also sell Tadic, Mane, and Pelle who all showed somewhat disrespectful behaviour (in line with the above) at their previous clubs in order to Saints? Tadic refusing to sign a new deal, Mane refusing to travel for a game, Pelle telling Feyenoord he wants to leave them for Saints. And what about Tonny Vilhena, who has allegedly already been at St Marys for one reason or another and has just handed in a transfer request? Will you welcome him to Saints?

I'm not saying that the behaviour is particularly nice, but we benefit as much as we have it at the receiving end.

Handing in a transfer request is actually very respectful. It tells the club that you do not expect to receiving your loyalty bonuses even when you get the transfer you wanted. Lallana and others last year were not that respectful to us.

Regarding Vic, he's definitely going to be the focus of transfer speculation in the summer. Given what happened last summer it'll be an easy story for journalists to spin and it seems that our players are pretty prone to having their heads turned by media stories.

Unfortunately we have to realise that Vic probably is good enough to play for a Champions League team, and that we are not (yet). He could probably be persuaded to stay and help us in Europa League next season (if we get there) and see where he goes from there - I highly doubt he'd be allowed to leave given that it's almost certain Morgan will be going too. Our midfield would be in tatters!

Regarding Vic, he's definitely going to be the focus of transfer speculation in the summer. Given what happened last summer it'll be an easy story for journalists to spin and it seems that our players are pretty prone to having their heads turned by media stories.

Unfortunately we have to realise that Vic probably is good enough to play for a Champions League team, and that we are not (yet). He could probably be persuaded to stay and help us in Europa League next season (if we get there) and see where he goes from there - I highly doubt he'd be allowed to leave given that it's almost certain Morgan will be going too. Our midfield would be in tatters!

There is a financial element to this as well though. We might not let him leave this summer but he won't be signing any new contract with us. Do we keep him against his wishes ala Morgan or cash in for the highest price we can get this summer? Can't see him being with us next season.

Given wanyamas tweet, i guess it comes down to who you trust more then.

And yet says he "can't" release it - why not? If he was allowed to use the quotes he's allowed to release the tape. He's full of it.

Except he isn't.

Now that Wanyama has effectively called him a liar, I would think he should be free to release the tape, unless it was illegally recorded of course.

There's a problem with that in conjunction to you. The definition is

Wonder whether you can spot the problem!?

Interesting point. Nothing in the article is libelous except (if false) the claim that Wanyama made the statements and their inherent unprofessionalism. Is that enough? It wouldn't be in the USA (where I am a lawyer) but I can't guess about England.

Only Yuki, Dig Dig and Sour Mash.

Not Glasgow. Or Dubai Phil.

Everyone has more than one account anyway.

I don't understand why anyone would need more than one account unless they want to say things that they are too embarrassed to have attributed to their real (or primary) identity. I think it best to simply avoid saying such things.

I don't, what you see is what you get in my case, can't imagine people actually paying multiple fivers just to titilate themselves by thinking that they're fooling others really. Strange world some of you live in.

Agree. Maybe I should list all my World of Warcraft character names in the interests of full disclosure.

Those accounts (connected to me) have never been active at the same time

And you expect us to believe that you never log in as "BruceWayne" or "Alfred." Do you think we are stupid?

Reading this thread, I'm starting to understand why everyone thought I was fake. Most confusing.

I am wondering what other names Bearsy posts under.

If we even get Europa League that is, we've still got it all to do really. If we beat Spurs on Saturday we'll probably be OK but if not we've probably only got a 50% chance of qualifying at best, in fact the same odds as Villa have of winning the Cup.

That is nonsensical. Villa's chance of the winning the FA Cups is under 50% and we can still qualify for Europe even if they do. If I had to estimate I would say that our chance of making Europe is about 1% for the Champions League and 74% for Europa.

Oh Lord, this really is getting like "I'm Spartacus" .... "No, I'm Spartacus" ..... "I'm Spartacus, and so is my mother"

Maybe there are two different people with the user name of Wanyama One did the tweeting and the other one gave the interview.

There is a financial element to this as well though. We might not let him leave this summer but he won't be signing any new contract with us. Do we keep him against his wishes ala Morgan or cash in for the highest price we can get this summer? Can't see him being with us next season.

I think given the cash that will be soon coming into the league from the 16/17 TV deal, we could afford to take a hit on Vic's transfer fee in return for having him in the squad next season. If we get Europa League next season is going to be difficult and we'll need to try to keep our best players - Morgan and Clyne will be off and I don't think there's much we can do about that, but keeping the likes of Vic and even Jay Rod could be crucial for us next year.

A strong performance in the Europa League will be very important as a foundation for the club going forward - being able to cement a place in the Top 6/7 and getting ourselves in the running for Europe each season will allow us to attract better players, it'll bring more money into the club and allow us to build on that success for the future as well. It'd also be a good thing for the younger players at the club as well, because we'll need to rotate the squad more to cope with the busier schedule and that could pave the way for the likes of Reed, JWP etc to cement their places in the first team by being given the opportunities that they need.

hehe good on em. The truth is blatantly obvious this time around thanks to the mugs last year using the 'unambitious' line they all clutched onto. They all look like mugs now. So this year it will be I want to play champions league and that's all they've got (ignoring the massive financial gains of course). I predict the media And purchasing managers

will be very quiet on us this off season unless it's confirmed or really good Intel. They don't want red arses again. Vic's going, clynes going, Morgan has tipped his hat to say he would stay if we can match all clubs that want him, Jrod made his deal before his injury.

They want money, they want glory, they are kids and being pressurised by people around them who also want big payoffs, they don't support us, they work for us. A bigger company wants them, some will sink, some will swim. If tadic and pelle had continued their pre season form they were off too.

Accept it and deal with it, but also recognise where we are and what it means. We are consistently improving our position year on year whilst selling players to better and better teams for more and more money. It's all part of the cycle.

Next year we will attract more names that want big moves, it's the place to be to get into a world label team. (Chelsea,Man utd and so on)

That means more really keen and dynamic players that believe they are worthy of being the best and our scouting team appears to be improving at picking the right mold.

We are athletico of the premier waiting to happen. The writing is on the wall, brace yourself for the impossible... or similar such boloks.

Edited by Mallagroth

Classless idiot. If we can get a good fee we should sell.

Anyone else think he's no way near good enough for Arsenal and the level they are asspiring too? He's a good young player but no way near as good as Schneiderlin.

I think Wenger would look at him as an accident waiting to happen who couldn't be trusted in the biggest matches.

Classless idiot. If we can get a good fee we should sell.

Anyone else think he's no way near good enough for Arsenal and the level they are asspiring too? He's a good young player but no way near as good as Schneiderlin.

I think Wenger would look at him as an accident waiting to happen who couldn't be trusted in the biggest matches.

He's good enough for arsenal IMO. IMO we miss him more than Morgan when he's out. We don't concede as many goals when he's playing. Ie beating arsenal 2-0 with him

In team, Morgan was out.

"Wanyama dismissed the story and Koeman himself said it had no foundation.

"From Victor's part it is all rubbish and he never said that. I believe that" Koeman told BBC Radio Solent.

This.Yet another example of Lazy Journo's pretending to be in the know.In RK I trust.

This.Yet another example of Lazy Journo's pretending to be in the know.In RK I trust.

The Newspaper reports are not unlike countless others concerning most clubs. In this case there are direct quotes. If the story is not true, why did Koeman feel the need to call a team meeting about it? Why did Wanyama deny a claim that wasn't made in the first place, i.e. that he hadn't spoken to Wenger, in an attempt at damage limitation, and then delete from Twitter? Ill judged comments that simultaneously p1ssed off Arsenal, Southampton, Koeman, Wanayama's agent (who cares?) and no doubt his team mates as well. Alternatively, it was all made up. I personally think Wanyama wanted to go at the end of last season and he wants to go at the end of this.

Dear Vic, Nathaniel, Morgan and Jay, if you are going to go this summer, then just F**k Off let us have the money, and we will try and buy better. I stopped caring whether anyone signed, stayed or left last summer, and I certainly won't be wasting time applauding any of them on their walk round the pitch after the Villa game.

We get players, enjoy their talents for two or three years, and they move on. It's modern football, and I really don't think anyone should give a s**t about whether one money grabbing bastard or another decides to stay for another year or not.

I think this is a healthy attitude. There is no point in fretting about whether players will stay or go. Enjoy them when they are here and look forward to an equally good or better replacement when they go.

He's good enough for arsenal IMO. IMO we miss him more than Morgan when he's out. We don't concede as many goals when he's playing. Ie beating arsenal 2-0 with him

In team, Morgan was out.

What about Liverpool where Coutinho managed to drift into space between Davis and Wanyama and hit an unchallenged shot from 25 yards? We're lucky to have two great defensive midfielders, only one of them is world class.

Schneiderlin is the better, more intelligent player.

What about Liverpool where Coutinho managed to drift into space between Davis and Wanyama and hit an unchallenged shot from 25 yards? We're lucky to have two great defensive midfielders, only one of them is world class.

Schneiderlin is the better, more intelligent player.

Brendan Rodgers would tell you that was his excellent system (and they did something similar the week after, but haven't done since, which almost supports his claim - but that could also be because they don't have Sturridge fit again).

Are we the only team that's had to face Liverpool with Sturridge TWICE in the league this season?

Heads are turned by agents and some one at the raiding club........impossible to trace back to Wenger, Rodgers, et al

His head is not being turned by media stories.

It's a cute idea that players are sat around leafing through the Sun in the Staplewood cafe where they suddenly discover Arsenal are after them.