Victor Wanyama tells The Sun that Arsenal want to sign him

Saint-Armstrong

Usual load of ball arks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3052027/Victor-Wanyama-Arsenal-want-sign-Southampton-summer.html

Southampton's Kenyan midfielder Victor Wanyama took to social media on Thursday in a bid to dismiss rumours he was set to quit the south coast high-fliers for Arsenal.

'To cut the story short have never spoken to Wenger,' Wanyama wrote on Twitter, prompting an outpouring of praise from Southampton fans, and less enthusiastic responses from Gunners supporters.

The Sun tabloid on Thursday linked the 23-year-old with Arsenal, quoting Wanyama as saying Wenger had been discussing him and had 'let it be known' he was interested in signing the former Celtic powerhouse.

Usual load of ball arks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3052027/Victor-Wanyama-Arsenal-want-sign-Southampton-summer.html

Southampton's Kenyan midfielder Victor Wanyama took to social media on Thursday in a bid to dismiss rumours he was set to quit the south coast high-fliers for Arsenal.

'To cut the story short have never spoken to Wenger,' Wanyama wrote on Twitter, prompting an outpouring of praise from Southampton fans, and less enthusiastic responses from Gunners supporters.

The Sun tabloid on Thursday linked the 23-year-old with Arsenal, quoting Wanyama as saying Wenger had been discussing him and had 'let it be known' he was interested in signing the former Celtic powerhouse.

So he's never spoken to Wenger, not once in what 5 years in UK football and a fair number of matchday meetings....unsociable sort of chap then.

But to come back to this story, he's probably not spoken directly to Wenger about this but others may have done it for him,isn't that what agents do to earn their crust?

So do we conclude that Yuki IS Saint Charlie?

And Batman IS DellDays?

Any more duplicate posters? Can someone link them up so we know. Maybe there is really only 6 people on here, but all (except me) have multiple personalities (oh no, we don't).

Sounds like it. I was DPS, but never had multiple accounts at one time.

Always amuses me when people believe anything printed in the media.

These are private companies who serve their own interests (read: we'll present as the truth whatever the highest bidder/our owner wants us to print)

Save yourself the energy and wait. If it happens, the club will have to find a replacement. (And anyone who thinks they aren't already planning to replace players this summer then they are mental) if he doesn't go, quite a few people on this thread will have wasted a lot of Internet rage for nothing.

Chill out, enjoy the sunshine and know that the club have their targets and will push to achieve them. Unlike the muppets at Kippershed Utd down the road who haven't got a clue, our owners are quite clear on what they want and quietly go about the job of achieving it with none of tub thumping you see from other clubs in the PL.

Just don't forget that the club policy is to not discuss transfers. That is not going to change so the media have to make things up because they need drama to sell their papers.

So do we conclude that Yuki IS Saint Charlie?

And Batman IS DellDays?

Any more duplicate posters? Can someone link them up so we know. Maybe there is really only 6 people on here, but all (except me) have multiple personalities (oh no, we don't).

Those accounts (connected to me) have never been active at the same time

Are you also Saint_Tony? I always assumed he was Richmond?

No. Just Yuki, Richmond, Dig Dig, Sour Mash, Grigsy and Saint86 as far as I remember.

I probably need a ban and to have a break over the summer.

Its all getting a bit much. It was since the Les Reed interview where he hadn't noticed our players were all being approached and that MP wanted to leave.

Oh well, its been fun.

No. Just Yuki, Richmond, Dig Dig, Sour Mash, Grigsy and Saint86 as far as I remember.

Its all getting a bit much. It was since the Les Reed interview where he hadn't noticed our players were all being approached and that MP wanted to leave.

Oh well, its been fun.

FREAK.

Victor to Arsenal rumours have been rife for a few years now, think his agent is on record as having said that he wanted gto go there when he was at Celtic, rumoured talks between Wenger and the family at that time. They didn't sign him then, they probably won't now. We're not going to be in the CL next season, maybe not even in Europe, players with ambition will have their agents working in turbo mode, get something fixed up before the summer tidal wave hits the market..

Only Yuki, Dig Dig and Sour Mash.

Not Glasgow. Or Dubai Phil.

Everyone has more than one account anyway.

Really? I doubt that. What the **** for? To generate more "debate"? Seems pretty sad to me.

Fortunately all of yours (if indeed you're not on yet another wind up) are pretty easy to gloss over without thinking too much.

You're right. You do need a break. Be it a ban or self-imposed.

So now he's going to have to produce it as VW has categorically denied saying it.

Odds on that happening.......?

Perhaps he said 'arse all have talked to me, absolutely no-one'.

Would be a bad one to lose, especially with such a rocky keeper at the mo.

So now he's going to have to produce it as VW has categorically denied saying it.

Odds on that happening.......?

Wanyama's categorical denial has magically disappeared from his twitter account. The only denial that remains is that he has not spoken to Wenger directly, which is never claimed or stated.

Wanyama's categorical denial has magically disappeared from his twitter account. The only denial that remains is that he has not spoken to Wenger directly, which is never claimed or stated.

Yeah, that was odd. And to be fair, that statement is probably 100% true. The idea that his agents have been talking in the background is probably closer to the truth. It happens and is probably happen as we speak.

Has he denied he wants out? Or denied he's spoken to anyone?

I imagine he'll wait until summer and if/when a bid comes in he'll want to leave. We need him to stay, I want him to stay, but I struggle to come up with many reasons he should. Europa league, bigger contact...over moving to London, trebling wages, playing in the CL, challenging for titles. Hmmm.

If we even get Europa League that is, we've still got it all to do really. If we beat Spurs on Saturday we'll probably be OK but if not we've probably only got a 50% chance of qualifying at best, in fact the same odds as Villa have of winning the Cup.

Oh well, its been fun.

"Neither am I. My name is Yuki Sake. I am now aware of why people keep mentioning Glasgow and find it quite narrow minded that someone with a clear non British username is not believed, just like the American person.

There doesn't appear to be a great cultural tollerance on this messageboard, but thats the way it goes I suppose.

Just because "you" invented the game it does not automatically mean you reserve the rights to have an opinion on it.

All good fun though, mostly.

Yuki."

classic!

Same s**t different season. The lack of respect shown by some of 'our' players in recent years has been disgusting. I know footballers aren't the brightest bunch but it doesn't take much to demonstrate a bit of class and keep your mouth shut (especially on twitter responding to complete morons).

As Saints fans we surely understand our place in the footballing world and players the quality of Clyne, Wanyama and Schniderlin won't stick around forever, but there's the right way and the wrong way to conduct yourself when wanting a transfer (i.e. the Lambert/Cork way or the Lovren/Lallana way).

I'm sure Vic would love a big money move to Arsenal - doesn't mean he'll get it though.

If the club play hard-ball like they did with Morgan then he's going nowhere.

I just wish those that want-away would keep their mouths shut until the end of the season. It can't be that hard can it?

Wouldn't worry about it, Arsenal are always "interested" in everybody, they actually sign about 0.1% of them.

Just from what I've seen this week that makes Naingolan,Gundogan,Victor, both Benders and Howedes.

Oh and add Kondogbia as well......it's just the way Arsenal do things, shake the bag and see what drops out.

Both benders?!? Sounds a bit libellous to me