Sunderland v Saints. Build-up Thread

Lets B Avenue

This Cedric thing is just bizarre. Plays really well for a couple of games and then is dropped for Yoshida who is just awful at right back. Really don't understand what Ron sees in him. Did he not watch the back pass against United?

We will lose this. I thought we would before the line up and now I'm convinced.

With that logic surely Romeo should play not exactly small is he :s

Yep. But injury aside there can be no other reason to play Yoshida over Cedric?

Not even sure how Yoshida has suddenly been seen as RB cover. He is the sort you play in an injury crisis out there but I don't see any attributes he has to play there which Fonte or VVD don't have yet Fonte has never played full back in his many years with us.

Also shows how **** Martina (an actual RB) is.

Line up:

Stek

Yoshida

Fonte

VVD

Bertrand

Clasie

JWP

Davis

Mane

Tadic

Pelle

Yoshida at RB and a ligfhtweight CM 3 doesn't really bode well.

That's an attacking line up to me:

Yoshi & Bertrand overlapping as wingbacks

Clasie sitting in front of Fonte/VvD in a central defensive triangle, while JWP & Davis look forward with their passes (not the too-frequent backwards of early season).

Mane/Tadic/Pelle running rings around their dreadful defence.

Just, no enforcer. Hmm.

Mind you, I was nearly right with my 6-3-1 Sunderland formation! 4-5-1 innit?

Yep. But injury aside there can be no other reason to play Yoshida over Cedric?

Not even sure how Yoshida has suddenly been seen as RB cover. He is the sort you play in an injury crisis out there but I don't see any attributes he has to play there which Fonte or VVD don't have yet Fonte has never played full back in his many years with us.

Also shows how **** Martina (an actual RB) is.

Yoshida is the new Paul Telfer.

That's an attacking line up to me:

Yoshi & Bertrand overlapping as wingbacks

Clasie sitting in front of Fonte/VvD in a central defensive triangle, while JWP & Davis look forward with their passes (not the too-frequent backwards of early season).

Mane/Tadic/Pelle running rings around their dreadful defence.

Just, no enforcer. Hmm.

Mind you, I was nearly right with my 6-3-1 Sunderland formation! 4-5-1 innit?

More like 3-5-2?

Yoshida - Fonte - VVD

JWP - Davis - Clasie - Tadic - Bertrand

Mane - Pelle

Yeah, Yoshida was utter sh!t at RB versus Villa too.

FFS.

Whilst Cedric is definitely first choice RB, we've seen RK deploy a slightly 'lopsided' defence effectively before. Anyone watching can see Yoshida is a clearly capable player who's gradually reducing the number of errors each time he plays. Players can get better you know?

UTS

Subs bench:

K Davis

Cedric

Romeu

Martina

Juanmi

Caulker

Seager

Quite defensive, that. Where are the attacking options, apart from Juanmi? Is Seager attacking? I get the impression he scores goals in the U21, but correct me if I'm wrong.

most importantly we have Fonte and VVd at CB's. Yoshida at RB doesn't worry me (too) much.

Why no Romeo at CM though? Could be a proper battle in central midfield. Hope we pass it around quickly and dont let them in the game.

Pellé to net a couple.

This would be the aim of our particular midfield today, I'd suggest.

Yeah, Yoshida was utter sh!t at RB versus Villa too.

FFS.

Whilst Cedric is definitely first choice RB, we've seen RK deploy a slightly 'lopsided' defence effectively before. Anyone watching can see Yoshida is a clearly capable player who's gradually reducing the number of errors each time he plays. Players can get better you know?

UTS

Hes ******* ****

This us where Ron can show how good he is - to me this makes zero sense, Sunderlands best attacking threat has been their quick left back so I would assume cedrics pace would be better. Equally big SAM midfielders will be putting it about so a massive test for our 3 small midfielders. All that said there must be a plan (and I don't buy the revert to 3 at the back as who would play right back if not making a sub, and if you are why not just bring maya on?), and I'm hoping we are pushing our quality passing and fitness of those 3 who in that respect are better. Time to show we can cope without big Vic.

I have had the 'pleasure' of being at the last four abysmal away games at Sunderland (the league loss last seaaon was the worst game ever in the history of all football, at any level, ever, in the world, ever).

Because of this, today, I am as far away from the North East as possible. As all of Saints results are all about me, obviously, I predict a Saints away win. Score? A one-nil thumping.