BREAKING: Premier League clubs announce £30 cap on away tickets

Saint-Armstrong

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

That's absolutely brilliant! Especially as I mainly only do north west aways which are pricey as F*ck!!

Well played all involved!

Good news indeed. But we all know all away tickets will now be 30 quid. All clubs will charge the top price.

That said its a saving overall if your paying pay 30 at Stoke instead of 25 say and the 30 at Liverpool instead of 50.

Wouldn't be surprised if some clubs put home tickets up now....

I don't think it will. I think this will result in some sort of legal precedent as home fans will claim you can't charge one person £75 to sit in a seat with exactly the same view and facilities as the away fans who are paying £30.

I don't think it will. I think this will result in some sort of legal precedent as home fans will claim you can't charge one person £75 to sit in a seat with exactly the same view and facilities as the away fans who are paying £30.

That happens every week, everywhere. Not all prices are the same at St Mary's. The legal precedent is exactly the opposite of what you suggest.

It's a start. Good to see Arsenal have announced they are going a step further for their away fans, reducing prices a bit more to £26 per game. Hopefully other clubs will follow suit.

wow fair play to them for that, we've been lucky always being Cat C and paying £26 there but i know fans of other clubs who have been done £64 this season, that's a huge saving for them.

i pick and choose my away games now and generally only do the cheaper ones, (WBA £25, Arsenal £26, Bournemouth £33, West Ham subsidised £22) but might be tempted to do some of the more traditionally expensive grounds next season.

Progress but I still think £30 is too high. Should be £20. Now the cap for home tickets...

I agree, 'Twenty's Plenty' was easy for these PL clubs to commit to. Still, I guess fans of the the Big-6 will be satisfied, they'll see the biggest savings on their ticket prices, that'll keep everyone happy at PL Headquarters.

It will be interesting to see if Saints start to take the bigger allocation at some away games now, we've just taken then 1480 at Chelsea when we could have had double that, likewise at Man Utd

Hopefully we'll start to take our full allocation for London, and other games, now.......

To be fair, it's only Chelsea where they refused to take the full allocation due to the fact the past 2 seasons we've been on SKY and with tickets at over £50 you can see why the club made that decision. But it's not an issue anymore and, no doubt, there won't be enough tickets available for the likes of Stamford Bridge now.

Good news indeed. But we all know all away tickets will now be 30 quid. All clubs will charge the top price.

That said its a saving overall if your paying pay 30 at Stoke instead of 25 say and the 30 at Liverpool instead of 50.

Utd, Liverpool and City were all over £50.

It will be interesting to see if Saints start to take the bigger allocation at some away games now, we've just taken then 1480 at Chelsea when we could have had double that, likewise at Man Utd

Is the initial allocation the minimum or is the extra allocation the minimum?

Most big clubs will be able to sell their tickets for more than £30 , so we'll get the minimum at most grounds.

Indeed, the BBC said that there were 8 clubs charging under £30 this season so that means 12 clubs will be reducing their prices. Even if we're paying £30 across the board it's a lot cheaper overall.

Still over £500 if you wanted to do all away games though. Should continue campaigning for £20 cap, with a £30 cap on home tickets.

To be fair, it's only Chelsea where they refused to take the full allocation due to the fact the past 2 seasons we've been on SKY and with tickets at over £50 you can see why the club made that decision. But it's not an issue anymore and, no doubt, there won't be enough tickets available for the likes of Stamford Bridge now.

We haven't taken the full allocation in any of the 4 seasons we've been back up, one of those not being on Sky.

Whilst this is welcome news, it would seem that the ASI benefits of recent years have now been canned and replaced by the new deal. These now lost benefits were mostly used by clubs as subsidies for cheap or even free away travel. Saints also did once or twice agree reciprocal pricing with clubs using ASI funds.

Whilst this is welcome news, it would seem that the ASI benefits of recent years have now been canned and replaced by the new deal. These now lost benefits were mostly used by clubs as subsidies for cheap or even free away travel. Saints also did once or twice agree reciprocal pricing with clubs using ASI funds.

Didn't saints spend some of this money on doing up the away end and paying for a crap funfair in the car park for a game? This is guaranteed, fair, savings for all. Great news.

Didn't saints spend some of this money on doing up the away end and paying for a crap funfair in the car park for a game? This is guaranteed, fair, savings for all. Great news.

Yes, clubs were given an allocation of funds to spend as they saw fit. Saints subsidised one or two away trips each year and did once provide free scarves to all of our fans at a Swansea game. Funds could be used for ground improvements regarding away fans if so desired. As you say, cheaper ticket prices across the board is best outcome for all concerned. However, a certain element of give with one hand etc ...

At £30 ticket for every Premier League away day, how much would you charge for a Championship, League 1 & League 2 away day?

With Premier League prices coming down, Football League clubs will be under pressure to reduce and lose income despite not overly benefitting from the new TV deal. Next season will see every Premier League away fan have a cheaper ticket than many games in the Championship for away fans.

I'm not disputing today is good news, just that it will have implications for Football League clubs as they'd struggle to justify prices close to or above Premier League prices after a reduction. Championship, League 1 & League 2 clubs may face a tricky decision to fall in line price wise for the standard of football on offer.

What price can Pompey charge for a 4th tier fan at Fratton Park if Saints charge Arsenal and Man Utd fans £30 at St Mary's? Could be a awkward balancing act for the Skates.

I don't think £30 is a bad price at all to watch football in the worlds best league especially when you think some people will pay £80 to see David Guetta press play for a couple of hours.

LOL - some DJs do actually have some skill - saw David Morales at this last month http://www.alberthallmanchester.com/event.php?id=594&d=2016-02-12, and he was quite brilliant. Some DJs however do just press play - I've been in a club in Brighton years ago where I'm convinced they actually put on a Ministry of Sound mix CD, as I recognised the order of the tunes.

At £30 ticket for every Premier League away day, how much would you charge for a Championship, League 1 & League 2 away day?

With Premier League prices coming down, Football League clubs will be under pressure to reduce and lose income despite not overly benefitting from the new TV deal. Next season will see every Premier League away fan have a cheaper ticket than many games in the Championship for away fans.

I'm not disputing today is good news, just that it will have implications for Football League clubs as they'd struggle to justify prices close to or above Premier League prices after a reduction. Championship, League 1 & League 2 clubs may face a tricky decision to fall in line price wise for the standard of football on offer.

What price can Pompey charge for a 4th tier fan at Fratton Park if Saints charge Arsenal and Man Utd fans £30 at St Mary's? Could be a awkward balancing act for the Skates.

They're charging £20 at the moment, I have three of their tickets on my fridge for Saturday... But does anyone seriously think anyone is going to base that choice on price?