Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Well, having been to Israel the Forest fan will have a purchase history so will be fine for a ticket to Milan then!

The bit that baffled me was the saints chap who went down and gave a load of verbal abuse to the Forest fan for being disrespectful (not the words he used) to Saints. Realised no-one else was bothered and skulked back off again. Bizarre!

Won't help him for Prague though - if he's not an ST holder it doesn't matter if he's been to Midtjylland or Israel, he's not priority over ST holders.

As for the bloke having a go, well, who'd have thought it (oh yeah, me), we have a few nobheads in the away following. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of evidence of it on this thread...

Having something better to do with their evening I guess.

The same reason we don't get Skates turning up to Saints games for a ruck, but somehow it's worth the hassle for a development team cup game at St Mary's when they've probably never watched their kids' side before...

Names on tickets to match ID is standard for all Italian games, having to have prior purchase history isn't ever the case for any of their matches though as far as I'm aware.

Names on tickets is an Italian regulation, prior purchase history is a Saints requirement.

Just bought my Prague ticket, slight problem in I am taking the wife to Prague, who is not a Season ticket holder. She is a member and does a lot of home games under her name (member), and a lot of aways under both hers and other peoples names (depending on ticket availability). I know that is frowned upon but that is just the way it is with a lot of people using others rights to buy and then going in their place.

I'm not moaning that she can't buy a ticket yet, it is correct to reward season ticket holders first, at the moment I'm just impressed I got permission to buy my ticket, without getting her one.

We were hoping to do the unethical of buying under someone elses name, but with ticket collection rules we don't think it is worth the risk.

I'm just wondering/asking if other people will be travelling to Prague and trying to watch the game in a bar. I have permission that as long as she is in a bar with at least 1 other saints fan I can leave her there and go to the game myself. If it does go to members we will buy her a ticket but I really want to be able to leave her in a safe place with other saints fans. Bar decisions can be made later, just a bit of show of hands of anyone who will be watching in a bar and not going to the game would be appreciated.

Just bought my Prague ticket, slight problem in I am taking the wife to Prague, who is not a Season ticket holder. She is a member and does a lot of home games under her name (member), and a lot of aways under both hers and other peoples names (depending on ticket availability). I know that is frowned upon but that is just the way it is with a lot of people using others rights to buy and then going in their place.

I'm not moaning that she can't buy a ticket yet, it is correct to reward season ticket holders first, at the moment I'm just impressed I got permission to buy my ticket, without getting her one.

We were hoping to do the unethical of buying under someone elses name, but with ticket collection rules we don't think it is worth the risk.

I'm just wondering/asking if other people will be travelling to Prague and trying to watch the game in a bar. I have permission that as long as she is in a bar with at least 1 other saints fan I can leave her there and go to the game myself. If it does go to members we will buy her a ticket but I really want to be able to leave her in a safe place with other saints fans. Bar decisions can be made later, just a bit of show of hands of anyone who will be watching in a bar and not going to the game would be appreciated.

There will be tonnes of people watching in bars including a few of my friends and family members so she's welcome to watch with them, but I don't think you'll be short of options.

There will be tonnes of people watching in bars including a few of my friends and family members so she's welcome to watch with them, but I don't think you'll be short of options.

Awesome thank you for replying, makes me feel slightly less guilty. Still can't believe i'm allowed to go as long as can find other saints fans in a bar. Hopefully there will be a thread nearer the time involving bar discussions.

Can't wait going to be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've lost me.

Just pointing out the general weirdness that fans of rival clubs only tend to fight when there's a direct footballing reason for them to do so, rather than just turning up to the other team's games when they're not involved at all.

So Milan fans don't generally pitch up for Inter games looking for trouble even though they're right there in the city. Similarly the Skates don't generally turn up at our home games when we're not playing them even though it's only ever 20 miles away. However, give them a reserve team match at St Mary's (that none of them would usually go to) and suddenly there's trouble ready to happen.

As you say, they've usually got something better to do. (But not when there's a loose footballing excuse).

Just pointing out the general weirdness that fans of rival clubs only tend to fight when there's a direct footballing reason for them to do so, rather than just turning up to the other team's games when they're not involved at all.

So Milan fans don't generally pitch up for Inter games looking for trouble even though they're right there in the city. Similarly the Skates don't generally turn up at our home games when we're not playing them even though it's only ever 20 miles away. However, give them a reserve team match at St Mary's (that none of them would usually go to) and suddenly there's trouble ready to happen.

As you say, they've usually got something better to do. (But not when there's a loose footballing excuse).

I'm no clearer.

I'm no clearer.

Saints ticket requirement appears to be preventing something that is very unlikely to happen anyway - that being a bunch of people unconnected to either club wanting to come along just to create trouble - as that's something that hardly ever happens in football.

Compare that to yer Skate yob who never goes to their home reserve games, never mind the away reserve ones, who can somehow find it in himself to pop over to St Mary's for a nothing reserve cup game he'd never normally have any interest in, and how unlikely it would be that he'd turn up for any other Saints game, even though it's just as good an opportunity for him (and his mates) to get at Saints fans.

Saints ticket requirement appears to be preventing something that is very unlikely to happen anyway - that being a bunch of people unconnected to either club wanting to come along just to create trouble - as that's something that hardly ever happens in football.

Compare that to yer Skate yob who never goes to their home reserve games, never mind the away reserve ones, who can somehow find it in himself to pop over to St Mary's for a nothing reserve cup game he'd never normally have any interest in, and how unlikely it would be that he'd turn up for any other Saints game, even though it's just as good an opportunity for him (and his mates) to get at Saints fans.

You mean like the Skates did when we played City at home a couple of seasons back? Jumped off the train and headed up to below bar. Though by all accounts they must've been late for their train back as they had to run back to central to catch it.

You mean like the Skates did when we played City at home a couple of seasons back? Jumped off the train and headed up to below bar. Though by all accounts they must've been late for their train back as they had to run back to central to catch it.

:lol: :lol:

I'm going and unless it goes to season ticket holders with no aways I won't get a ticket so don't mind wife sitting for you ;)

theres an irish bar right on the square by the cathederal,shows sky sports,she'll be fine in there,or most places in prague,beautiful city,enjoy

Then that needs to be communicated. However still don't see why they can't sell tickets on general sale and still take passport numbers etc. That way they'll all have full clarity on whose buying tickets.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

It's not about identifying them, it's stopping them travelling.

Were they away to Bournemouth (or more likely Yeovil, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Plymouth or Torquay) by any chance?

As I say, it's rare, but clearly leaving the opportunity for others to get in the ground with Saints/Inter fans for a reason other than just watching the match is the kind of thing the club are wary of. And no, I'm not suggesting Skates.

Edited by The9

Well, having been to Israel the Forest fan will have a purchase history so will be fine for a ticket to Milan then!

The bit that baffled me was the saints chap who went down and gave a load of verbal abuse to the Forest fan for being disrespectful (not the words he used) to Saints. Realised no-one else was bothered and skulked back off again. Bizarre!

Why does that baffle you more than the fact there was someone wearing a Forest shirt at a football match that wasn't involving them or even in the same competition?

There would be no problem with someone watching a game as someone who supports Saints as their second team or is maybe going along for the trip with their mates. But to wear another teams shirt is dickhead behaviour.

Why does that baffle you more than the fact there was someone wearing a Forest shirt at a football match that wasn't involving them or even in the same competition?

There would be no problem with someone watching a game as someone who supports Saints as their second team or is maybe going along for the trip with their mates. But to wear another teams shirt is dickhead behaviour.

I am never sure if you are a caricature on here deliberately or not. For your sake, hopefully it's an act.

I am never sure if you are a caricature on here deliberately or not. For your sake, hopefully it's an act.

Why? I 100% agree with him, as would most other fans I know. Better than being a fan begging on message boards to meet up with strangers at European away games.

Isn't this what happened in Holland? Another team travelled down to Arnhem just to kick off?

LOL. The amount of angst on here about him wearing the Forest shirt. I wouldn't do similar but dickhead behaviour is letting it bother you so much. I think it was you that was hoping for a hostile environment, you must have hated the HBS fans and players applauding us at the end!

LOL. The amount of angst on here about him wearing the Forest shirt. I wouldn't do similar but dickhead behaviour is letting it bother you so much. I think it was you that was hoping for a hostile environment, you must have hated the HBS fans and players applauding us at the end!

You're American, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Actually, no. Born and raised in England. Sorry.

Obviously been there long enough to be converted then. No other explanation. A nice display from home fans, people in our end wearing other teams kits, being applauded by home fans and players, popcorn, padded chairs, cheerleaders. YEEHA, SOCCER!

Isn't this what happened in Holland? Another team travelled down to Arnhem just to kick off?

Depends who you believe - I saw one bloke with a Feyenoord jacket on walking away from the square, but equally I saw a very loud group of Vitesse supporters move to that square en masse a couple of minutes before it happened. I think the consensus is that it was all caused by Vitesse fans and a few Saints fans reacting to them.

Depends who you believe - I saw one bloke with a Feyenoord jacket on walking away from the square, but equally I saw a very loud group of Vitesse supporters move to that square en masse a couple of minutes before it happened. I think the consensus is that it was all caused by Vitesse fans and a few Saints fans reacting to them.

That was the version I heard on the day from a senior security officer.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Obviously been there long enough to be converted then. No other explanation. A nice display from home fans, people in our end wearing other teams kits, being applauded by home fans and players, popcorn, padded chairs, cheerleaders. YEEHA, SOCCER!

Thing in this list I didn't see: being applauded by home players, padded chairs, cheerleaders and popcorn. THERE WAS POPCORN?!!!!

Is it true that Be'er Sheva fans can only get a ticket for the game at St Mary's if they book on the club's official trip? And that trip is 5 nights in London?

The club works with his trip company (means you pay expensive for a direct flight with the players) people can book their own way and than send the ticket to the club with passport photo and the club save for

Them a ticket .

I booked Prague like this with sky scanner and booking. And I got my ticket from the club .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk