Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

That's the Catch 22 really, as there's a group of them all with S/T & plenty aways, it means tickets together can all be guaranteed at first phase of any sale (usually 2/3 of them don't travel). Our member status would kick in later in sales window and may not even reach us in the case of a popular game. So them purchasing allowed us to make travel plans etc with no fear of disappointment. (Hope that made sense).

Strange that having the same customer number for years doesn't meet the 'ad hoc' criteria the club have set for Inter game.

No other recent matches have had this particular set of criteria. Usually Members then General if tickets still available. In this case there are plenty still available. Several long chats with various ticket office staff has still left me none the wiser as to why.

OK. So your group bought tickets for matches and then some members of that group passed on tickets to others within the group when they themselves did not go? Therein lies the weakness of a group not being an official supporters group. The club are none the wiser.

I hope you can find a solution to your current predicament

The club's unwillingness to sell tickets openly is very strange and appears to lack any logic. We now have ample supply of tickets for Milan so no need to restrict sales to people with a purchase history for the last couple of seasons, there will be plenty of people with family / friends tagging along for the trip, so why not sell them tickets and fill up the end rather than leave the seats empty?

The club's unwillingness to sell tickets openly is very strange and appears to lack any logic. We now have ample supply of tickets for Milan so no need to restrict sales to people with a purchase history for the last couple of seasons, there will be plenty of people with family / friends tagging along for the trip, so why not sell them tickets and fill up the end rather than leave the seats empty?

Bit of a strange one, they may be concerned that it could attract some 'undesirables' but as personal details/passport numbers need to be submitted that's unlikely. 7,000 or so is still an excellent turnout but it won't look great if, after demanding extra tickets, there's plenty left over. If the club have had to pay 'up front' for them and end up out of pocket, they probably won't do it again.

And leave it too much longer and it will just get even harder arranging transport to get out there.

Bit of a strange one, they may be concerned that it could attract some 'undesirables' but as personal details/passport numbers need to be submitted that's unlikely. 7,000 or so is still an excellent turnout but it won't look great if, after demanding extra tickets, there's plenty left over. If the club have had to pay 'up front' for them and end up out of pocket, they probably won't do it again.

And leave it too much longer and it will just get even harder arranging transport to get out there.

And what's even more annoying is that I am on there data base as a previous season ticket holder but as I now get my tickets through my family they won't sell me a ticket. Something to do with saints wiping there purchase history data base a few years back but name address still on there !

Looked at that one. Also looked at the flight to Genoa from Heathrow. Ended up on the 8.45 to Bologna from Stansted. Got a cheap price and an hour by train from Bologna

Two of us also on that flight, back again the next day.

If you check other clubs sales for Europa you will find they have the same restrictions imposed

Leicester supporters for instance have to collect all away tickets in the City where they are playing the games and states due to UEFA regs

Today's Prague eligibility......

Wednesday 5th October – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least 8 domestic away games from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Just got mine (number 827) without any queue. Feel quite lucky to get it with only 8 away games!

Prague selling quicker than I'd expected. What is our allocation?

Allocation was supposed to be 1700 but sounds like a hefty chunk of that has gone to corporates so i'm not sure anyone actually knows.

For what it's worth i always expected this to be the most over subscribed game. Cheap to get to, great city for a p*ss up, last group away game and a smallish ground.

To be fair though, I don't understand some people can't have a purchase history?! Unless I'm being oblivious to something obvious?

Me and my mrs have ours as we're season ticket holders with decent amount of aways. However quite often my father in law will come along and we've always got him tickets via our own numbers. (Never thought I'd have an issue where we needed to get tickets at the San Siro.)

Me and my mrs have ours as we're season ticket holders with decent amount of aways. However quite often my father in law will come along and we've always got him tickets via our own numbers. (Never thought I'd have an issue where we needed to get tickets at the San Siro.)

I fell foul of this 'anomaly' a few years ago. I always used to buy tickets for me and my son using my customer number (just seemed like the logical thing to do at the time... i.e. why have two numbers when one will do...?).

There then came a game where I couldn't get two tickets because "purchase history" was required for both and from that moment on I simply set up a new customer number for my son and used both to buy tickets from there on in.

The difference between then and now is that I was able to persuade the ticket office to apply some common sense to the situation as my purchase pattern for me and my son was obvious from looking at my history. I guess this time it is out of the club's hands though as I assume they are having to follow UEFA and/or Italian authority rules to the letter in that only people that the club can prove to be 'genuine' fans are sold tickets. The hallmarks of the usual sledgehammer to crack a nut by the jobsworths in authority land.

And what's even more annoying is that I am on there data base as a previous season ticket holder but as I now get my tickets through my family they won't sell me a ticket. Something to do with saints wiping there purchase history data base a few years back but name address still on there !

Just a thought, but do you have any proof of purchase from before 2012? Ticket stubs, or something. Maybe if you could email (or fax) proof they might bend, after all they have your details, and it is their "fault" that they have lost your purchase history. Not sure if it will help but worth a try.

Their refusal to answer the question as to why they're not ggoing on general sale is just weird. What's the big secret?

I asked them over email and they refused to answer. They just said that people shouldn't buy flights before they get match tickets... Ridiculously naive from the club.

Me and my brother on the trip, how many of you? Looking at lower cost of getting from Turin airport to train station if you want to share a cab?! We are seeing all parts of Italy, flying home Friday evening via Genoa, proper European tour!

Just me alone, but I need to go to my hotel and check in before going to the station.

Ah that scenario makes sense - was a genuine question, thanks.

I asked them over email and they refused to answer. They just said that people shouldn't buy flights before they get match tickets... Ridiculously naive from the club.

To be honest if they offered a reasonable explanation, like some sort of obscure Italian law, then fair enough. I don't understand the logic when they didn't apply this rule to other games like Beer Sheva.

What happened with the delivery charge. It didn't seem to mention that when I ordered them, are they just adding that on to the original transaction? Haven't seen a cc statement yet.

We're all waiting to see. I'd be very surprised if they don't debit it when the tickets arrive, it's not like anyone didn't know they're getting charged £6.50 for delivery as it was on the original information, and they'll have your details, so makes sense for them to do that.

Various arguments about people not expecting it, how they're able to debit the amount without permission, etc. will probably occur around that time. Those people should try buying tickets for the Euro 2016 tournament, I had to give my card details over 6 months in advance for a debit that might have taken place at any point within a 2 month period prior to the event, for a non-specified amount that could have gone up or down to the tune of around £800 depending on which tickets I was successful with, and there was no way of knowing until the money had been deducted how much was being deducted.

They did refund me £15 at one point, no idea why though, I hadn't even noticed if they'd charged me multiple £15 postage.

It had better be. I'm leaving the following Monday, so what happens if I go before they arrive?

You'll have a lot more trouble with it that we did getting reprints of our Leicester tickets - they didn't send them before we left for Israel (and we were going direct to Leicester) but we rang on the way to the airport and arranged reprints to be collected at the King Power Stadium. Not sure that'll be an option for you.

I really don't understand people saying that their X,Y or Z hasn't got a history because somebody always gets tickets for them .Its been all over forums and the O/S the past few years that people should buy tickets using a customer number for the person attending the game . Surely everyone knew that and understood it . You only need to have bought 1 ticket to have a history ffs . It also doesn't cost anymore money , surely people understand the system by now it's hardly rocket science .

What's the betting we have a big game in 3 years time and people are still complaining about not being able to get a ticket despite attending X number of games because somebody else got it for them . The cynic in me does wonder about some of these claims because it's pretty hard not to have a history even if you can only go once in a while .

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

That's the Catch 22 really, as there's a group of them all with S/T & plenty aways, it means tickets together can all be guaranteed at first phase of any sale (usually 2/3 of them don't travel). Our member status would kick in later in sales window and may not even reach us in the case of a popular game. So them purchasing allowed us to make travel plans etc with no fear of disappointment. (Hope that made sense).

Strange that having the same customer number for years doesn't meet the 'ad hoc' criteria the club have set for Inter game.

No other recent matches have had this particular set of criteria. Usually Members then General if tickets still available. In this case there are plenty still available. Several long chats with various ticket office staff has still left me none the wiser as to why.

Not wishing to start an argument but what you appear to be saying is you use somebody else's customer number to jump the queue and get tickets before you should . The upside is you got to go to league games that maybe you didn't qualify for, the downside is you haven't got a qualifying sales history . I'm struggling to understand how that is the clubs fault .

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

I really don't understand people saying that their X,Y or Z hasn't got a history because somebody always gets tickets for them .Its been all over forums and the O/S the past few years that people should buy tickets using a customer number for the person attending the game . Surely everyone knew that and understood it . You only need to have bought 1 ticket to have a history ffs . It also doesn't cost anymore money , surely people understand the system by now it's hardly rocket science .

What's the betting we have a big game in 3 years time and people are still complaining about not being able to get a ticket despite attending X number of games because somebody else got it for them . The cynic in me does wonder about some of these claims because it's pretty hard not to have a history even if you can only go once in a while .

Easy as a regular internet user etc to say that and yes, I agree as times go on people will be more savvy about this. However my father in law to be for example, he never looks at the official site or focus. He reads the Echo and listens to Solent. He relies on me getting tickets (he does 4/ 5 games a season and has done since the 60's) as thinks the TO are useless for whatever reason. I'm absolutely certain there will be literally thousands of Saints fans like him (and when I say say fans, I mean supporters of the club that may or may not be as "engaged" with the club as you or I).

Common sense would dictate anyone with an SO post code or proof they have been to games in the recent past would be added to the database and allowed tickets. Or at least allow ST holders to take a +1 (after everyone else has had a chance to buy tickets).

Which is fine if games sell out and people miss out on tickets because they don't have a purchase history. The difference with this game is that there will be 1000+ tickets left unsold and instead of putting them on general sale the club are insisting on this purchase history rule.

Not wishing to start an argument but what you appear to be saying is you use somebody else's customer number to jump the queue and get tickets before you should . The upside is you got to go to league games that maybe you didn't qualify for, the downside is you haven't got a qualifying sales history . I'm struggling to understand how that is the clubs fault .

No argument as I'm not blaming the club for my individual circumstances. As I said in a previous post. The criteria is the question. Purchase history hasn't been attached to other games, Hapoel away went to open general sale for example. Plus the allocation is extremely large and tickets will effectively be returned to Inter leaving a number of fans who are on the data base and known to the club missing out for reasons as yet not disclosed?

I held a S/T for 8 straight seasons before moving from the area in 2011 and am now a member. Club state that due to system update in 2012 all 'previous history' now commences from 2012 onwards, which is a bit disappointing.

Easy as a regular internet user etc to say that and yes, I agree as times go on people will be more savvy about this. However my father in law to be for example, he never looks at the official site or focus. He reads the Echo and listens to Solent. He relies on me getting tickets (he does 4/ 5 games a season and has done since the 60's) as thinks the TO are useless for whatever reason. I'm absolutely certain there will be literally thousands of Saints fans like him (and when I say say fans, I mean supporters of the club that may or may not be as "engaged" with the club as you or I).

Common sense would dictate anyone with an SO post code or proof they have been to games in the recent past would be added to the database and allowed tickets. Or at least allow ST holders to take a +1 (after everyone else has had a chance to buy tickets).

Agree. Although I no longer have a SO post code , I've had the same customer number for years, am on the data base and am a member. Can't see why I would be a 'risk' so to speak. My biggest hurdle is the 450 miles from my place to St Mary's. Ha! Brexit gone mad !

Which is fine if games sell out and people miss out on tickets because they don't have a purchase history. The difference with this game is that there will be 1000+ tickets left unsold and instead of putting them on general sale the club are insisting on this purchase history rule.

Especially as there were 50 - 100 Israeli's in the saints end last week. I wonder if these have purchase history? There was even one lad in a Notts Forrest shirt.... Wan*er

On the Israeli's subject, nice to see the club (I believe it was from the Saints foundation) were handing them free merchandise after the game....

Especially as there were 50 - 100 Israeli's in the saints end last week. I wonder if these have purchase history? There was even one lad in a Notts Forrest shirt.... Wan*er

On the Israeli's subject, nice to see the club (I believe it was from the Saints foundation) were handing them free merchandise after the game....

I've got no idea how those locals managed to get in our end last week. Doubt they bought through Saints though. As for that attention seeking pr*ck in the Forest shirt..

Erm, the bloke in the Forest shirt was with Northern Saints. I didn't understand it either, but he wasn't Israeli.

The elephant in the room here is hooliganism. I can't see why any yobs unconnected to Saints would want to tag along with 300 Saints going to Israel where they'd stand out like a sore thumb and wouldn't expect much trouble to begin with, but I can completely see why they might want to get involved with a trip to the San Siro and Inter's Ultras where they can blend in with 7000 others. It's probably just the club covering themselves in the event of trouble so no-one can say they weren't bothered about who they sold tickets to.

no way were there that many Israeli's in our section 20 tops in my opinion

People who didn't get tickets even though they wanted them are ****ed off - shock. It's a shame we may not sell out and some good fans can't go, but if you didn't meet the criteria then that's the rub. If they put them on General sale with no purchase history requirement we could have the world and his wife trying to get tickets to a European away game. I still think there will be a lot of Saints fans who have tickets bought for themselves using their own passport on someone else's database account. The club say they won't get in - Oh well they'll have a holiday to Milan.

Agree. Although I no longer have a SO post code , I've had the same customer number for years, am on the data base and am a member. Can't see why I would be a 'risk' so to speak. My biggest hurdle is the 450 miles from my place to St Mary's. Ha! Brexit gone mad !

I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with brexit.

I bought my ticket on Monday morning over a week ago, had a membership but no history (bought membership just for this game, as thought that alone would qualify me :mcinnes:) as used tickets from other friends when I can attend as I play football on Saturdays still. However, I just bought a Milan home leg ticket... went back in straight away and bought the Milan away leg! Easy-peasy, then sorted flights and hotel within a few minutes. :smug: