Should we keep Pelle and Wanyama to their final year of contracts?

The Fat Controller

Hmm depends on money offered, but I think we will accept £14-15m from Spurs for Wanyama, because asking for anymore is unrealistic tbh.

It depends on transfers we have lined up too. Personally, I think we should take the £15m and invest for Wantama, and sell Pelle now his stock his high IF HE DOESNT SIGN A CONTRACT. However I'd like to keep both of them ofc lol.

Edited by nta786

Wanyama is going.

With Pelle the issue seems to be that we don't want to offer him an extension which I find odd unless we have someone lined up who is top quality.

That said, with Koeman gone, Pelle may want to go and if he can move home to Italy I would wish him well.

Saints won't offer Pelle a 2 or 3 year contract as he is slowly moving away from his best.

No way would Pelle accept a one year extension as it does not offer him financial security for the next 3 years.

So he has to go now as we have to cash in.

Wanyama wants out so **** him off for 15m and move on.

Plenty of better players than him and I reckon Sneilderlin would come back.

The board have known for the last two seasons Wanyama was probably off.......I would be surprised if a replacement has not been identified....and yes get rid now.

Pelle is like marmite.....last night he showed why so many of us love him, he is passionate and so understated by so many Saints fans....however i think we should cash in now!

Schneiderlin won't come back. Who are your better players than Wanyama that would replace his strength and are in our budget?

Also a one year extension for Pelle would give him security of two more years, I reckon he would consider that unless he wants to go back to Italy.

For Wanyama = No

When he threw his toys out of the pram last year his performance dropped off of a cliff and he screwed things up for us royally. I'd rather he leaves for less than expected and we have a cohesive team of players who want to play for us.

After Alderwiereld, will we ever negotiate with Spuds again.

I hope not, keep him till January as a marker to others and let other clubs know that he will be available, and only accept hard cash in full up front if Spurs are only buyer, and stick him on the bench and make him train with youngsters if he won't find another club. Screw Levy.

After Alderwiereld, will we ever negotiate with Spuds again.

I hope not, keep him till January as a marker to others and let other clubs know that he will be available, and only accept hard cash in full up front if Spurs are only buyer, and stick him on the bench and make him train with youngsters if he won't find another club. Screw Levy.

I would sell Wanyana for a decent price, but not to Spurs or, I suppose, Everton.

Quite happy to let Pelle go. A fully fit Austin, J-Rod & Long can lead the line between them, so in the big scheme of things, he won't be missed.

Big Vic on the other hand? Hmm, talk about being caught between a rock & a hard place. What I think I would do is mess Spuds around as much as possible by waiting until we've black-boxed a replacement in first and foremost, then give Levy the run-around. He'll leave, but there's no reason why we should hold the door for him & call him a cab....

Quite happy to let Pelle go. A fully fit Austin, J-Rod & Long can lead the line between them, so in the big scheme of things, he won't be missed.

You can't say he won't be missed. If we had sold him in Jan we probably wouldn't have finished 6th.

Long has been in great form the last 6 months but we don't know it will last and havent seen how the new Manager will play.

Jay Rod and Austin are unreliable fitness wise.

You can't say he won't be missed. If we had sold him in Jan we probably wouldn't have finished 6th.

Long has been in great form the last 6 months but we don't know it will last and havent seen how the new Manager will play.

Jay Rod and Austin are unreliable fitness wise.

If you read my post again, you'll see I said that "in the big scheme of things", ie he is not irreplaceable. The lad's a fan favourite, if he stays then it'll go down well. However, let's be realistic here, if he were to exit stage right, would it devastate us? I'm going with "no".

If you read my post again, you'll see I said that "in the big scheme of things", ie he is not irreplaceable. The lad's a fan favourite, if he stays then it'll go down well. However, let's be realistic here, if he were to exit stage right, would it devastate us? I'm going with "no".

Nobody is irreplaceable so its a bit of a pointless comment to hide behind.

I think people are a bit wishful thinking if they think it would have little impact to sell Pelle and rely on Long, Austin and Jay Rod which is what you initially suggested.

To say you would be "happy" to let him go is strange considering his quality.

I think people are a bit wishful thinking if they think it would have little impact to sell Pelle and rely on Long, Austin and Jay Rod which is what you initially suggested.

You are kidding, right? Have you seen Shane Long since he established himself back in the first team? I'd pick him over Pelle anyday.

You are kidding, right? Have you seen Shane Long since he established himself back in the first team? I'd pick him over Pelle anyday.

Yes but he is one player. We will play nearly 50 games next season so you need more than two central strikers (Long and Austin) especially as Austin has an iffy fitness record.

Its a squad game where good players put pressure on others to perform.

There is no financial benefit to being "happy" to lose Pelle so what is the benefit?

Yes.

We should not even consider selling either of them until January. Pelle should also be offered a 2-year contract. He deserves it. We should try to persuade Wanyama to leave and hang onto him as long as possible but if it looks like the right thing to do and he is itching to leave, sell him in the January window. There is no need whatsoever to sell them now and certainly not to Premier League rivals. To do so, would be pure greed.

The idea of keeping players for `one more season' but allowing them to go on a bosman is wonderful except that when they do go the following season you still need to replace them, but you don't have a big hefty pile of cash on your pocket in which to do so. I hate to say it, but in the long run its financial suicide to sign players for millions and then allow to leave for nothing. If we want to make steady progress you just can't do that and we won't. That said if we don't get reasonable offers (I'm looking at you Levy) then we wont allow them out the door.

Straight yes or no vote amongst Saintsweb fan base

Should we keep Pelle and Wanyama

Next season and risk them both leaving on free transfers?

Mods add a poll to this if you wish

we could do......out of legal spite ......but we'd get better value (for new players) by using today's valuations instead of the £0 we'd get next summer.

.....a bit like cutting off your ***** because you have ED.

Straight yes or no vote amongst Saintsweb fan base

Should we keep Pelle and Wanyama

Next season and risk them both leaving on free transfers?

Mods add a poll to this if you wish

we could do......out of legal spite ......but we'd get better value (for buying new players) by using today's valuations instead of the £0 we'd get next summer.

.....a bit like cutting off your ***** because you have ED.

Each position in the EPL next season is worth about £2.5m. For that alone, I would not expect Southampton to accept anything less than about £20m for Wanyama. Maybe more for spurs Liverpool, Everton etc....

Well you're going to be disappointed then.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes.

We should not even consider selling either of them until January. Pelle should also be offered a 2-year contract. He deserves it. We should try to persuade Wanyama to leave and hang onto him as long as possible but if it looks like the right thing to do and he is itching to leave, sell him in the January window. There is no need whatsoever to sell them now and certainly not to Premier League rivals. To do so, would be pure greed.

This applies even more to our star player, Mane, who still has 2 years left on his contract and is still improving, especially after the club's PR leaked that he wanted to stay now that Koeman has left. They can't have it both ways.

so now it's just Pelle left to decide his future.

With Wanyama already history ......and Mane about to join the Liverhampton exiles......what will happen to Graziano now ?

I suppose it depends who you listen to - assuming the club haven't offered him a new deal, I can't foresee us wanting to lose him for nothing next summer so I'm assuming we are actively looking to sell.

We can't afford to lose many more IMO.

I expect this to pick up speed as soon as the Italian euro campaign ends.

I suppose it depends who you listen to - assuming the club haven't offered him a new deal, I can't foresee us wanting to lose him for nothing next summer so I'm assuming we are actively looking to sell.

We can't afford to lose many more IMO.

I expect this to pick up speed as soon as the Italian euro campaign ends.

.....or if they win the thing ......:scared: