• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

42 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Whatever the perceived flaws of the referendum campaign, no matter how betrayed you feel by the result, we have left the EU, and no matter how angry you allow yourself to get you cannot alter that fact ( And we won't be rejoining ).

Any vote ends up with one side losing, that's the game, hence we have a Brexit that neither you nor I supported, and we have a Government that neither you nor I voted for. Life goes on, make the most of it, and view the future with a degree, however small, of optimism - the alternative will only drive you to misery and high blood pressure.

Its a fair argument and I can’t argue with any of your thoughts. Its entirely reasonable.

people accept these things at different times.

This is a thread for Brexit discussion. In a way that Ricky Gervais dissects Karl Pilkington I am fascinated with the true Brexit believers. They are the same devout evangelicals that anti vaxxers are.

They still defend it even when they see the decline of the country. Just once it would be interesting to see if they could admit it. I would have more respect for them then.

Unless you refute their arguments they are destined to vote against their interests time and again 

Edited by Warriorsaint

2 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Its a fair argument and I can’t argue with any of your thoughts. Its entirely reasonable.

This is a thread for Brexit discussion. In a way that Ricky Gervais dissects Karl Pilkington I am fascinated with the true Brexit believers. They are the same devout evangelicals that anti vaxxers are.

They still defend it even when they see the decline of the country. Just once it would be interesting to see if they could admit it. I would have more respect for them then.

Unless you refute their arguments they are destined to vote against their interests time and again 

You sound unhinged. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

I didn't mention your personality. 

You said I sound unhinged. That implies a mental weakness. Not a very nice thing to say. 
I may not agree with your opinions but I am not going to question your mentality.

Thats uncouth and the hiding place fir someone who cannot make an argument. Be better.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

You said I sound unhinged. That implies a mental weakness. Not a very nice thing to say. 
I may not agree with your opinions but I am not going to question your mentality.

Thats uncouth and the hiding place fir someone who cannot make an argument. Be better.

Odd. 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

As a leave voter, according to you and others, it is much much better for me to vote to be paid over 50% less? Your kidding me right? your telling me ill be better off if i voted to stay in the eu and be nearlly 60k out of pocket? My wfe has also had a pay rise, together we are both over 100 k better off than last year...  Obviously it was the wrong decision for us.... Next time it comes around, ill vote to rejoin so i can be a peasant again as deserved.... 

3 hours ago, Mosin said:

As a leave voter, according to you and others, it is much much better for me to vote to be paid over 50% less? Your kidding me right? your telling me ill be better off if i voted to stay in the eu and be nearlly 60k out of pocket? My wfe has also had a pay rise, together we are both over 100 k better off than last year...  Obviously it was the wrong decision for us.... Next time it comes around, ill vote to rejoin so i can be a peasant again as deserved.... 

I’m happy for you. Tell it to Farmers, fishermen, hauliers etc. As long as it’s “I’m alright Jack”

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Im going to add to the debate by posting Twitter post after Twitter post, over & over again. 

Don’t like to be reminded of the clusterfuck of Brexit. That’s a shame. If you don’t like it go bury your head in the sand like all the other evangelicals.

BTW please do post all the stories you can about the sunny uplands. I’d be glad to read them.....What’s that? crickets....

Edited by Warriorsaint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warriorsaint said:

Yes. We’ll get used to living without stuff, we’ll get used to visas, red tape, extra costs, more delays, queues, shortages, less choice, less freedom, less influence, dirtier rivers, narrower horizons, ruined businesses, fewer opportunities…

But why the fuck should we have to?

The pedant would argue that even if all that were true then we have to accept it because we, the people of the UK, voted for it.

10 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Some did. Some didn’t.

I think the vast majority of the public didn’t vote for it but we are all suffering the consequences.

Yet to hear of any Brexit benefits. The vast majority of brexiters bang on about how it’s done, we have to accept it. Nonsense. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

I think the vast majority of the public didn’t vote for it but we are all suffering the consequences.

Yet to hear of any Brexit benefits. The vast majority of brexiters bang on about how it’s done, we have to accept it. Nonsense. 

The majority of votes were for leave, as you know. Which "vast" majority are you talking about? 28% of eligible voters did not vote that's true, so you are assuming those votes would have mainly gone to the remain camp? How do you know? Most regions in the UK voted leave, including Wales, with only London, NI and Scotland voting remain in varying degrees (Scotland the highest %). The figures are here :

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/who-we-are-and-what-we-do/elections-and-referendums/past-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum/results-and-turnout-eu-referendum

It's one thing to say we have made a mistake, quite another to say the referendum was undemocratic and most people didn't want it, which is bollocks.

54 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

It is, we do.

Why persist like Don Quixote tilting at Brexit windmills ? Do you want every member of this forum who voted leave to openly admit that they made a catastrophic mistake and publicly address to you a mas Mea Culpa ? Perhaps there will be no benefits, perhaps it will take 50 years to know, ( as JRM said on C4 news ). But perhaps, with it only being 18 months since it was enacted, and with a Global pandemic wreaking financial and social havoc, it is far too early for us to identify them.

Come back in 5 yeras.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Day 1 we were promised benefits not 50 years. 

No buses saying it might take 50 years to get back what we’ve lost 

Many people view the fact that we left the EU at all as a 'benefit' and that therefore came to pass on day #1. Whatever you think we 'lost' was the result of a referendum that voted "Leave". JRM said it may take 50 years to know the real benefits. If you cannot accept the situation so be it, but FFS give it a rest. It is tedious.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Many people view the fact that we left the EU at all as a 'benefit' and that therefore came to pass on day #1. Whatever you think we 'lost' was the result of a referendum that voted "Leave". JRM said it may take 50 years to know the real benefits. If you cannot accept the situation so be it, but FFS give it a rest. It is tedious.

This is a Brexit thread. If you find the thread tedious then don’t engage, no one is forcing you and you don’t get to “dictate”the scope of the discussion.

13 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

This is a Brexit thread. If you find the thread tedious then don’t engage, no one is forcing you and you don’t get to “dictate”the scope of the discussion.

I don't find the thread tedious at all, I have enjoyed 'exchanging free and frank views' since the date of the opening post with many posters on here, most of whom I diametrically oppose on the subject of Brexit.

I don't intend to dictate the scope and course of the discussion, but from reading your posts over the last week or so there isn't any 'discussion' or debate, just a lot of repetetive shouting at a wall on your part. It is wasted effort - none of the 'Leave' voters are going to admit they were wrong because from their perspective they aren't.

Any way, I think that this whole interaction has been a waste of my time becaue you seem to have entrenched yourself so deep there is no chance of your ever getting back out your hole. So crack on, rant and rage, vent bile and spleen as loudly as you can. If you can't take some friendly advice I shan't offer it.

HTH

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Anything to add to the debate? No didn’t think so.

What debate? You're just ranting a load of nonsense over and over. I've not read any opinion from you save that you think brexit is shit. 

9 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

It is, and we do. I can't imagine what you think  venting your spleen to a bunch of strangers on a football forum is going to achieve. 

3 hours ago, egg said:

What debate? You're just ranting a load of nonsense over and over. I've not read any opinion from you save that you think brexit is shit. 

It is, and we do. I can't imagine what you think  venting your spleen to a bunch of strangers on a football forum is going to achieve. 

Again not talking about the issue. Are you suggesting I shouldn’t have an opinion?

Venting Spleen. Behave. Why don’t you turn your attention to others that vent their spleen.

This is a Brexit thread . I didn’t know there were rules that we mustn’t upset Brexiters with the damage they have done to the country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Again not talking about the issue. Are you suggesting I shouldn’t have an opinion?

Venting Spleen. Behave. Why don’t you turn your attention to others that vent their spleen.

This is a Brexit thread . I didn’t know there were rules that we mustn’t upset Brexiters with the damage they have done to the country.

Your opinion is that brexit is shit, and that it is obvious that it would be. You've said that multiple times. We get it. 

On 12/09/2021 at 17:48, Warriorsaint said:

I’m happy for you. Tell it to Farmers, fishermen, hauliers etc. As long as it’s “I’m alright Jack”

It is a problem they have caused by not giving the appropriate amount of jobs to the local population so they can make a bigger profit with low expenses for training and staff wage demands. A question for you though, if the EU are at this moment like us have an hgv driver problem like us, and they are also still paying hgv drivers more than an hgv driver can earn in the uk, why would they come back? I have not even started on work conditions and adding the fact that in the EU you get paid for stoppages that are not your fault eg sitting in a warehouse waiting 2 hours for your trailer to be emptied, while in the uk if your not moving your not being paid... 

Brexit has absolutely nothing to do with the hgv driver problem. 

On 27/06/2016 at 13:55, Guided Missile said:

A Washington based conservative think tank, the Heritage Foundation, published a paper on the best option for the UK, should we leave the EU, focusing on free trade deals. To me, this is the most important thing to get right. (" It's all about the economy, stupid").

To remind those misguided Leavers what this thread is about, please read the above opening post. The lovely Liz Truss has, to date, rolled over the following trade agreements:

1793487912_FreeeTradeDeals.thumb.png.16eafe6167b4a880e680a5f817e1a8b9.png

Additionally, new trade agreements have been concluded with Australia, Japan, Norway, Iceland,  Liechtenstein and Turkey, with many more expected.

Furthermore, City firms are bullish about London’s future as a global finance hub amid growing hopes there will be a post-Brexit bonfire of red tape, according to a new report. More than two-thirds of financial institutions believe London will not be toppled as a result of leaving the European Union, according to an annual survey of bosses by Lloyds.

Meanwhile, almost half of respondents think that UK financial services’ competitiveness will improve as Britain ditches Brussels regulations in favour of its own model. The results suggest growing optimism over the country’s post-Brexit freedom, despite warnings before the referendum campaign that a Leave victory would prove disastrous for the Square Mile and destroy 232,000 jobs.

Brexiteers have done the entire country a great service and Boris continues to play a blinder..

Edited by Guided Missile

8 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Eh? There's no issue to talk about. It's happened. It's proved to be a crock of shit. We all feel the impact, albeit in varying degrees depending on our businesses. The gloating and name calling from idiots like you is about as helpful as, err, brexit. 

When you've figured out what the pathetic name calling and gloating will achieve, do let me know. 

24 minutes ago, egg said:

There's no issue to talk about. It's happened

I must be mistaken. The thread is called Post Brexit Reaction. This is my post Brexit reaction. I am not name calling anyone. Certainly not gloating.

In my opinion it’s a disaster and I am posting stories that share this opinion. 

As you can see above, others are resorting to the name calling. I saw the error of my ways and no longer do this. 

Others have started adding stories and posts that seem to back up the Brexit benefits. I particularly liked the Daily Express one. I look forward to seeing many more.

surely by sharing the media output about Brexit helps educate and inform. Maybe we can come to a consensus that Brexit is a clusterfuck of epic proportions and when we all agree on this we can share solutions.

Edited by Warriorsaint
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

I must be mistaken. The thread is called Post Brexit Reaction. This is my post Brexit reaction. I am not name calling anyone. Certainly not gloating.

In my opinion it’s a disaster and I am posting stories that share this opinion. 

As you can see above, others are resorting to the name calling. I saw the error of my ways and no longer do this. 

Others have started adding stories and posts that seem to back up the Brexit benefits. I particularly liked the Daily Express one. I look forward to seeing many more.

surely by sharing the media output about Brexit helps educate and inform. Maybe we can come to a consensus that Brexit is a clusterfuck of epic proportions and when we all agree on this we can share solutions.

We've all come to the consensus that you are a bellend.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

We've all come to the consensus that you are a bellend.

50 minutes ago, egg said:

When you've figured out what the pathetic name calling and gloating will achieve, do let me know. 

Again with the childish insults. Play the ball not the man eh! I don’t know what you are trying to achieve with the name calling.

2 hours ago, Guided Missile said:

To remind those misguided Leavers what this thread is about, please read the above opening post. The lovely Liz Truss has, to date, rolled over the following trade agreements:

1793487912_FreeeTradeDeals.thumb.png.16eafe6167b4a880e680a5f817e1a8b9.png

Additionally, new trade agreements have been concluded with Australia, Japan, Norway, Iceland,  Liechtenstein and Turkey, with many more expected.

Furthermore, City firms are bullish about London’s future as a global finance hub amid growing hopes there will be a post-Brexit bonfire of red tape, according to a new report. More than two-thirds of financial institutions believe London will not be toppled as a result of leaving the European Union, according to an annual survey of bosses by Lloyds.

Meanwhile, almost half of respondents think that UK financial services’ competitiveness will improve as Britain ditches Brussels regulations in favour of its own model. The results suggest growing optimism over the country’s post-Brexit freedom, despite warnings before the referendum campaign that a Leave victory would prove disastrous for the Square Mile and destroy 232,000 jobs.

Brexiteers have done the entire country a great service and Boris continues to play a blinder..

Just look down that impressive list of trade deals that the 'lovely' Liz Truss has rolled over and then work out what percentage of our annual international trade it represents. The answer is approximately the square root of fuck all, ( or more accurately, less than 10% of our total trade ). At least rolling over pre-existing deals is easier than actually going out and negotiating new ones on more advantageous terms.  As for the other deals, the one with Japan is reported to be more slanted, ( apologies if anybody sees this as a racist comment ;-)), in their favour than our previous balance of trade when within the EU, and then WOW!, Leichtenstein....,I mean, what a coup.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fucking hell he’s boring….

Whats with the personal attacks?
You can’t admit that ,so far, Brexit isnt what you expected. No one can say its been a roaring success. 
Can you not feel any sympathy for those that are losing businesses?

I see no empathy from Brexiters and I find that sad. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Whats with the personal attacks?
You can’t admit that ,so far, Brexit isnt what you expected. No one can say its been a roaring success. 
Can you not feel any sympathy for those that are losing businesses?

I see no empathy from Brexiters and I find that sad. 

Seriously now, do you think those businesses care about you? Do you preach at people for using amazon instead of going into town and supporting local businesses? Did you care that politicians can claim thousands of pounds of public money for a meal at work while taking a mere 20 quid of those people that those wonderful companies employ who care so much for its staff but pay people peanuts so they need to claim top up benifits just to eat and have heating?  Companies only care about your money and how best to take it off you. 

6 minutes ago, Mosin said:

Seriously now, do you think those businesses care about you? Do you preach at people for using amazon instead of going into town and supporting local businesses? Did you care that politicians can claim thousands of pounds of public money for a meal at work while taking a mere 20 quid of those people that those wonderful companies employ who care so much for its staff but pay people peanuts so they need to claim top up benifits just to eat and have heating?  Companies only care about your money and how best to take it off you. 

Yes, yes I do. We are on the same page. These issues are not mutually exclusive. As this is a Brexit thread I comment on Brexit.

To be fair a lot of the points you make are fair. I use local businesses when I can. Don’t use Amazon so don’t see what you’re trying to prove.

None of us are angels but do what we can.