• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

On 24/06/2021 at 17:53, hypochondriac said:

And if that happens then we can have that conversation. I'm confident that not all networks will be charging and then people can simply make a choice. 

I'll just highlight my previous post on the subject from June for those who are hard of thinking. 

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

I'll just highlight my previous post on the subject from June for those who are hard of thinking. 

Why? Your claim was rebutted then - 3 only started free to roam after the European Parliament introduced the legislation. It was becoming law so they got in slightly ahead for the PR value - which some credulous, hard of thinking people lapped up....   

Can anyone tell me why a PCR test in the uk costs so much. It’s bloody criminal. I don’t understand how there is such variation for the same test. With discounting it can be as little as £20 but can be £100’s. Make me understand 

Edited by Warriorsaint

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Milkshakes now, lol, drivers retiring apparently, not Brexit. In the sunny uplands you can have a McSoverignty instead lol.

I have a job which before brexit i was easy to replace with a worker who would likely do the same job for less money forcing wages down, now i am valued not so easy to replace and i am being paid far better as a result.. Brexit has so far been a win win for me. 

13 minutes ago, Mosin said:

I have a job which before brexit i was easy to replace with a worker who would likely do the same job for less money forcing wages down, now i am valued not so easy to replace and i am being paid far better as a result.. Brexit has so far been a win win for me. 

Yeah wage is inflation is brilliant 

2 hours ago, Mosin said:

Bully for you mate. So happy for your individual benefits. Screw the rest of us.

Edited by Warriorsaint
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, whelk said:

Would it be a stretch to say thick northerners who voted Brexit will be hit hardest by Nando’s and McDonalds having shortages?

not sure about that, it was all pretty even (take out London). I work for the NHS and they are struggling to staff the frontline because of Brexit. 

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news-and-events/oxford-and-brexit/brexit-analysis/mapping-brexit-vote

I would say that it is more to do with the age than north, east, south or west. 

DE5BA3A5-6DB1-4724-83C1-A7010FE1F6F7.jpeg

Edited by Dr Who?

17 minutes ago, whelk said:

Would it be a stretch to say thick northerners who voted Brexit will be hit hardest by Nando’s and McDonalds having shortages?

So the thick southerers who voted for it don't go to Nandos or McD's ? What is the demographic map information showing the locations of these outlets in relation to the Brexit vote ?

Edited by badgerx16

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So the thick southerers who voted for it don't go to Nandos or McD's ? What is the demographic map information showing the locations of these outlets in relation to Brexit vote ?

I cannot find that one on the Beeb. 😂 

Last time I checked Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 was very northern! I know they like unhealthy stuff and maybe the odd McDonalds. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

Edited by Dr Who?

9 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

I cannot find that one on the Beeb. 😂 

Last time I checked Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 was very northern! I know they like unhealthy stuff and maybe the odd McDonalds. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

London voted remain, and has the highest number of McD's.

image.png

This link gives the Nandos around the country

https://www.rateyournandos.com/restaurants/uk-nandos-map

Seems there are plenty for the thick southerners.

Edited by badgerx16

13 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

So the thick southerers who voted for it don't go to Nandos or McD's ? What is the demographic map information showing the locations of these outlets in relation to the Brexit vote ?

Undoubtedly they do. It was tongue in cheek by the way.

53 minutes ago, whelk said:

Undoubtedly they do. It was tongue in cheek by the way.

Replace the word 'northeners' for 'blacks' or 'arabs' and see where you get. Too many on here post slurs or insults then when challenged claim it was a joke or they had missed off the "smiley winkey thing".

( And yes, somebody might well trawl back through my thousands of posts and find examples of me apparently doing the same ).

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Replace the word 'northeners' for 'blacks' or 'arabs' and see where you get. Too many on here post slurs or insults then when challenged claim it was a joke or they had missed off the "smiley winkey thing".

( And yes, somebody might well trawl back through my thousands of posts and find examples of me apparently doing the same ).

Oh fuck off I have no pretence or feeling of being held to account on here of prejudices. 

go and have a self righteous discussion about travellers with Weston. Might make you feel good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Oh fuck off I have no pretence or feeling of being held to account on here of prejudices. 

go and have a self righteous discussion about travellers with Weston. Might make you feel good.

Bit touchy. Anything you want to offload ?

25 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Trolls will troll Whelk. They can no longer defend their Brexit so play dirty. Haven’t seen much evidence of the sunny uplands so they retreat into their bigoted ways. It’s how they win.

As Michael Gove would say. “ we’ve had enough of.....imports”

Who is trolling ?

Edited by badgerx16

UK companies 'perform better' with overseas owners

Its ok now we have turfed out those unelected eurocrats running our country (well I do not live their anymore but still) we can create room for foreign corporate overlords to dictate how the country operates. So welcome to US bankers, Chinese government owned companies and eccentric tech entrepreneurs deciding stuff. Way better don't you think?

15 minutes ago, Mystic Force said:

UK companies 'perform better' with overseas owners

Its ok now we have turfed out those unelected eurocrats running our country (well I do not live their anymore but still) we can create room for foreign corporate overlords to dictate how the country operates. So welcome to US bankers, Chinese government owned companies and eccentric tech entrepreneurs deciding stuff. Way better don't you think?

I would not trust any Government derived statistics that "prove" a Government policy suggestion is a good idea.

3 hours ago, Warriorsaint said:

Milkshakes at McDonalds, Chickens at Nando’s. Gentle lead in to shortage of blood sample tubes. Medical supplies. Who could see that coming? Well done brexiters. You knew what you voted for. Sunny uplands. 🦄

Weird. Looks like Britain gaining its independence from the EU has causes delays in supplies in the US, the Euro zone, Australia and Japan: 

20210826_153513.jpg

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

No it doesn't. Lol. Look at the placing of the dip from the previous year. 

I’m trying. I suppose it could be July just as delivery times crossover the uk and eurozone.

No shortages in Europe at supermarkets or medical supplies but Brexit is a huge success isn’t it? Don’t believe the head of the CoOp though. Don’t believe the framers and fishermen. Nothing to do with the B word. Lol. 

I would say Turkeys voting for Xmas but there won’t be a Xmas 😂 

35 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

I’m trying. I suppose it could be July just as delivery times crossover the uk and eurozone.

No shortages in Europe at supermarkets or medical supplies but Brexit is a huge success isn’t it? Don’t believe the head of the CoOp though. Don’t believe the framers and fishermen. Nothing to do with the B word. Lol. 

I would say Turkeys voting for Xmas but there won’t be a Xmas 😂 

Framers :mcinnes:

Unfortunately Doc, I can’t see it happening. Events will overtake that dream. In my lifetime we will see the breakup of the United Kingdom. Scotland will vote for independence. Ireland will be reunited and surely Wales will start agitating once they see the direction of travel.

All those countries will be reintegrated into the EU long before England is forced to on terrible terms.

All Brexit has achieved is the inevitable extinction of British as an identity and England as an isolationist outlier. It’s decline is almost inevitable.

Its not something to cheer, of course but the acceptance of England as as smaller player will be a rocky road but hopefully a more pragmatic England will evolve.

11 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

‘Framers’

Goodness Whitey, I know. subtlety is a hard thing to get on a board. By feigning confusion at that persona’s sterling wit I was hoping to negate the instant gratification they were screaming for their ‘humour’. By having to explain the joke it would have nullified the perceived dagger into my heart.

You did Weston’s job for him. 

By picking up on spelling mistakes he thinks he is being an intellectual when all he’s really doing is acting out the intellectual ability of a seven year old spelling monitor because he is ‘dameged’ (ps did I spell it wrong?)

ps he can’t debate the inevitable car crash that is Brexit so has to bring down the participants in the debate. It’s a simple , well worn tactic of the righties.

Edited by Warriorsaint

6 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Goodness Whitey, I know. subtlety is a hard thing to get on a board. By feigning confusion at that persona’s sterling wit I was hoping to negate the instant gratification they were screaming for their ‘humour’. By having to explain the joke it would have nullified the perceived dagger into my heart.

You did Weston’s job for him. 

By picking up on spelling mistakes he thinks he is being an intellectual when all he’s really doing is acting out the intellectual ability of a seven year old spelling monitor because he is ‘dameged’ (ps did I spell it wrong?)

ps he can’t debate the inevitable car crash that is Brexit so has to bring down the participants in the debate. It’s a simple , well worn tactic of the righties.

Bless.

It's contrary to your fantastic debating tactic where you confuse yourself with a very simple graphic...

Interesting graphic that erm, ends in March 21 lol. Proving what exactly?

No it doesn't. Lol. 

And you're the one harping on about others not being 'an intellectual' ;)