• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

9 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

You'd have to be a particularly sad individual to use over 12gb of data on holiday. 

Good grief. If Brexit caused you to lose your house you’d still say you prefer living in a tent anyway lol.

The level of obstinacy is quite impressive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Antrimsaint said:

Good grief. If Brexit caused you to lose your house you’d still say you prefer living in a tent anyway lol.

The level of obstinacy is quite impressive. 

What bizarre sort of hyperbole is this. As a three customer I will be able to go around the EU and use my phone for things like Google maps and browsing the Internet in exactly the same way I always have done. This hasn't changed that at all. 

It seems like a very strange move from EE to me. Given that the cost of actually connecting a UK customer to an EU network is completely negligible, they’re basically just chasing away half their customers when it comes to time to renew. All people like Three have to do is not introduce roaming charges and they’re laughing.

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

What bizarre sort of hyperbole is this. As a three customer I will be able to go around the EU and use my phone for things like Google maps and browsing the Internet in exactly the same way I always have done. This hasn't changed that at all. 

Apologies Hypo, I haven’t read through all your posts so I shouldn’t lump you in with all the Brexit hardcore. It just seems whether its farmers, fishermen, business services, whatever, every Brexit loss is defended like its the Alamo.

Not one Brexiter so far has acknowledged any negatives since we left. Its quite impressive cognitive dissonance.

14 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It seems like a very strange move from EE to me. Given that the cost of actually connecting a UK customer to an EU network is completely negligible, they’re basically just chasing away half their customers when it comes to time to renew. All people like Three have to do is not introduce roaming charges and they’re laughing.

Its a drip, drip, drip loss of perks once you’re outside the tennis club.

three will fall into line with the rest.

Edited by Antrimsaint

27 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I would be amazed if the others didn’t do the same, just a matter of time.

12 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

Its a drip, drip, drip loss of perks once you’re outside the tennis club.

three will fall into line with the rest.

It isn’t a perk, the EU aren’t the ones providing the contracts. All that’s happened is that a regulation has been removed and EE, for whatever reason, have decided to make their product less competitive for UK customers. You don’t fall in line with your competitors, that’s the antithesis of a free market.

27 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It isn’t a perk, the EU aren’t the ones providing the contracts. All that’s happened is that a regulation has been removed and EE, for whatever reason, have decided to make their product less competitive for UK customers. You don’t fall in line with your competitors, that’s the antithesis of a free market.

Meh, that’s rubbish . The phone companies operated pricing cartels on roaming befor the EU directive and they are starting to do it again now. I was paying £1 per mb over the weekend 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Are you saying it isn’t a consequence of Brexit? Denial is also a river in Egypt.

4 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

Are you saying it isn’t a consequence of Brexit? Denial is also a river in Egypt.

Clearly it was an EU regulation preventing this before, which has now been removed, so in that regard it is a consequence of Brexit. What I don't get is why all phone companies would choose to do this in such a competitive market when there's clearly no need to do so. It seems like a bit of an open goal in a free market with less regulation to simply be the one company who DOESN'T introduce roaming charges. Everyone will renew their contracts with your company and you get 100% of the market share.

I'm not trying to make any kind of pro-Brexit argument here, I just find this move by EE surprising.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Antrimsaint said:

Apologies Hypo, I haven’t read through all your posts so I shouldn’t lump you in with all the Brexit hardcore. It just seems whether its farmers, fishermen, business services, whatever, every Brexit loss is defended like its the Alamo.

Not one Brexiter so far has acknowledged any negatives since we left. Its quite impressive cognitive dissonance.

Thanks for the apology. Of course there's negatives just like there would have been negatives from staying. I'm still comfortable with my vote to leave because I felt on balance that the positives outweighed the negatives longer term and I still believe that to be the case. 

31 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Thanks for the apology. Of course there's negatives just like there would have been negatives from staying. I'm still comfortable with my vote to leave because I felt on balance that the positives outweighed the negatives longer term and I still believe that to be the case. 

I can see you are quite reasonable and from a mainlander I can see some of the reasons you nay have voted leave.

I am from Northern Ireland where we have had relative peace for 25 years.

Anyone from  a Northern Ireland perspective can see whats coming down the line so I cannot forgive that we have been thrown under the  bus. 

As soon as the first bomb goes off again not one brexiter will ever convince me that sacrificing lives will have been worth it or unforseeable.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Antrimsaint said:

Absolute horseshit (again)!

17 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

And anyway the immigration side will soon loosen when they realise we need lots of unskilled labour in this country, unless you're suggesting that work will be picked up by Brits/skilled immigrants?

15 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

This I agree with completely, however, it'll probably take a couple of years before anything is implemented and only when it's obvious the labour market is totally screewed!

14 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Don't you need data if you want to look at a map, or trip advisor or even WhatsApp on a beach or the street?

It's not the 90s anymore mate.

You can look at a map by downloading the relevant sections before leaving the sanctity of your hotel and losing your wi-fi connection, or you could buy a paper map.  

Do you 'need' to use trip advisor or WhatsApp whilst outside of the hotel?  How about enjoying the place you've gone to visit, soak up the experience for yourself rather than have to check what everyone else's opinion is before you do anything or tell everyone about it whilst you're doing it?

If the answer to that is yes, you do 'need' to do all those things, I imagine you already know how sad your life is, but you could get yourself prepared and sort a roaming package out before you leave, or get yourself a local sim card with a data plan when you get to where you are going.  

7 hours ago, Antrimsaint said:

I can see you are quite reasonable and from a mainlander I can see some of the reasons you nay have voted leave.

I am from Northern Ireland where we have had relative peace for 25 years.

Anyone from  a Northern Ireland perspective can see whats coming down the line so I cannot forgive that we have been thrown under the  bus. 

As soon as the first bomb goes off again not one brexiter will ever convince me that sacrificing lives will have been worth it or unforseeable.

I certainly don't think it's reasonable to blame leave voters if there is violence. Are you suggesting that NI can effectively hold the rest of the country hostage with threats? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You can look at a map by downloading the relevant sections before leaving the sanctity of your hotel and losing your wi-fi connection, or you could buy a paper map.  

Do you 'need' to use trip advisor or WhatsApp whilst outside of the hotel?  How about enjoying the place you've gone to visit, soak up the experience for yourself rather than have to check what everyone else's opinion is before you do anything or tell everyone about it whilst you're doing it?

If the answer to that is yes, you do 'need' to do all those things, I imagine you already know how sad your life is, but you could get yourself prepared and sort a roaming package out before you leave, or get yourself a local sim card with a data plan when you get to where you are going.  

Hahahahaha you fucking weirdo.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I certainly don't think it's reasonable to blame leave voters if there is violence. Are you suggesting that NI can effectively hold the rest of the country hostage with threats? 

No certainly not, but it’s a consequence and my view is I blame Leave voters for mostly not even considering it. Unless you feel that 17.4 million voters thought, yes we’ll get blue passports but a few dead Irish people is well worth that.

There was virtually no discussion of the totally foreseeable consequences of this for NI which is why NI voted to remain. We did not want this and it is forced on us. 

When it comes to the mainland again of course there will be the brexiters who say don’t blame us but they lit the touch paper so I do and the vast majority in NI also blame Brexit. 

We realise this will hasten the end of the union and that is a consequence I didn’t initially want but is now something a lot of us now advocate for. I was brought up in a unionist family with a rich unionist history. No longer. Many of my moderate unionist family and friends now see we are far better off within Ireland and the EU than the toxic direction the rump UK is going.

How brexiters think that NI, Scotland and eventually Wales would be closer allies of the union is pure fantasy and when the union flag is defunct, within ten years I think, I wonder then if there will be a modicum of regret. I think there will be but they will never mention it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Going round the houses to sort something that didn’t need even thinking about beforehand. 

All project fear wasn’t it?

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You’re missing the point.

1 hour ago, Antrimsaint said:

How brexiters think that NI, Scotland and eventually Wales would be closer allies of the union is pure fantasy and when the union flag is defunct, within ten years I think, I wonder then if there will be a modicum of regret. I think there will be but they will never mention it.

Collateral damage as far as they are concerned - the " Provinces" are all draining resources from England, and for some losing Scotland and Wales will more likely result in their gaining a Tory controlled utopia.

11 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

It seems like a bit of an open goal in a free market with less regulation to simply be the one company who DOESN'T introduce roaming charges. Everyone will renew their contracts with your company and you get 100% of the market share.

I'm not trying to make any kind of pro-Brexit argument here, I just find this move by EE surprising.

Lets face it - who has a better grasp on what is is better for EE's profitabilty? you or them?  They are the market leader and will have calculated  how much they will make and how many (few) people will bother to move as a result, particularly when all the other companies start to do the same,

Things wont immediately revert back to the extreme profiteering that existed before the EU directive, it will happen in gradual slices. As posted above I got charged £1 per mb when roaming last weekend by Plusnet who use the EE network. They can quite honestly advertise saying they haven't put their charges up  - they simply dropped a whole load of countries from the included 'home' rates list. So yeah the roaming charges haven't changed, its simply that you are now liable for those charges in far more places.   Thats politics and business in Boris' dishonest doublespeak country.  Consumer and voter protection was one of the main benefits of the EU  - citizens in the UK are largely seen as consumers whose sole role it is is to buy stuff at the highest prices possible with the minimum guarantee.        

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Bah

5 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Holiday fun with Weston

6 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You must be a barrel of laughs to travel with.

4 hours ago, Antrimsaint said:

There was virtually no discussion of the totally foreseeable consequences of this for NI 

Pony.

Prior to the vote, the then Home Secretary Theresa May said it was "inconceivable" that there wouldn't be any changes to border arrangements regarding security and checks if Brexit happened. 

Chancellor Osborne in a visit to NI said  there would have to be a hardening of the border after Brexit, reflecting that if the UK left the EU's customs union then some sort of checks or controls would need to be introduced between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland - unless another solution could be found.

Johnnie Major and Tony Blair paid a joint visit to Londonderry to stress the importance of the border issue.

Sinn Fein campaigned on the issue of a hard border. 

It was discussed but the Taffs and us decided that NI would not have a veto on what’s best for the whole of the UK, and they would not be blackmailed by the men of violence that populate that part of the union. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buctootim said:

Lets face it - who has a better grasp on what is is better for EE's profitabilty? you or them?  They are the market leader and will have calculated  how much they will make and how many (few) people will bother to move as a result, particularly when all the other companies start to do the same,

Things wont immediately revert back to the extreme profiteering that existed before the EU directive, it will happen in gradual slices. As posted above I got charged £1 per mb when roaming last weekend by Plusnet who use the EE network. They can quite honestly advertise saying they haven't put their charges up  - they simply dropped a whole load of countries from the included 'home' rates list. So yeah the roaming charges haven't changed, its simply that you are now liable for those charges in far more places.   Thats politics and business in Boris' dishonest doublespeak country.  Consumer and voter protection was one of the main benefits of the EU  - citizens in the UK are largely seen as consumers whose sole role it is is to buy stuff at the highest prices possible with the minimum guarantee.        

Don't worry Whitey and Badger, I've 'found' the point.

Timmy sums it up nicely, the telco's will revert to roaming charges because there are so many stupid people around that will end up paying over the odds.  He even gives a nice little example of one of them from last weekend ;) 

2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Timmy sums it up nicely, the telco's will revert to roaming charges because there are so many stupid people around that will end up paying over the odds.  He even gives a nice little example of one of them from last weekend ;) 

Who's worried ? And I'm not surprised that there are so many "stupid people", after all, they voted to leave the EU.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I had to go there at short notice for work. I wouldn't expect you to grasp circumstances like that broom boy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Pony.

Prior to the vote, the then Home Secretary Theresa May said it was "inconceivable" that there wouldn't be any changes to border arrangements regarding security and checks if Brexit happened. 

Chancellor Osborne in a visit to NI said  there would have to be a hardening of the border after Brexit, reflecting that if the UK left the EU's customs union then some sort of checks or controls would need to be introduced between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland - unless another solution could be found.

Johnnie Major and Tony Blair paid a joint visit to Londonderry to stress the importance of the border issue.

Sinn Fein campaigned on the issue of a hard border. 

It was discussed but the Taffs and us decided that NI would not have a veto on what’s best for the whole of the UK, and they would not be blackmailed by the men of violence that populate that part of the union. 

Quite the history lesson there me old China, bottle of beer. Thanks for telling us how we should run our own affairs. 

It baffles me, your brain. You seem to have read my post but it resembles a different meaning in your head.

I stated “ virtually none” which you seem to acknowledge but then rhyme off some random words starting with pony. I don’t understand. Do you like horses?

Asking 17.4 million voters if Brexit would improve the peace process what do you think the answer would be?

In fact, I’ll ask you, will brexit improve peace in Northerrn Ireland? 

That was my and another 1.5 million British/ Irish people in Northern Ireland’s , supposedly an integral part of the uk, main consideration.

It grates on me that the uk was prepared to send the Royal Navy to save a Rock off Argentina but so casually throws its own subjects into the sea less than 40 years later.

Try playing Devils advocate and seeing the  opposing view. I have and can see the motivations behind misplaced anger but I could see through the lies. Try it lady cockney 

Edited by Antrimsaint
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

but the Taffs and us decided that NI would not have a veto on what’s best for the whole of the UK

Scotland and NI have decided that England and Wales don’t have a veto on what’s best for Scotland and NI hence the imminent destruction of the union.

well done Brexit. To be fair that is a brexit benefit.

Cry me a river!

Tell me, will you be checking all the labels in the supermarket to see which ready meals will have Australian beef/chicken/lamb in them with their growth hormones?

Wait, no of course not because he just won’t eat ready meals or will go vegetarian.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

Tell me, will you be checking all the labels in the supermarket to see which ready meals will have Australian beef/chicken/lamb in them with their growth hormones?

Wait, no of course not because he just won’t eat ready meals or will go vegetarian.

My wife does the shopping 😏

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

The World has changed a lot in the last few years and he who is not ‘connected’ is at a disadvantage. Now, after Covid, more and more bookings and arrangements are being done online.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Such short notice that you couldn't go online and sort out a roaming package at any point before you got there.

You were clearly never a cub scout 😏

You have clearly never tried.

Edited by Whitey Grandad