• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

4 hours ago, buctootim said:

No worries. Boris is telling us USMCA is fantastic - the US Mexico and Canada deal. You know, that one between three neighbouring countries with land borders. Im sure an island 3,500 miles away will slot in nicely and get loads of benefits. Besides the acronym will be fun.     

It could be renamed USUKCAM, as a lasting tribute to the twat who set us on this road to hell.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why not use your EU passport and fuck off to the EU then?

Wouldn't it be more logical if the people who brought the shit show about by voting for the unicorn paradise were the ones who fucked off and let the rest of us patch up the damage? 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Wouldn't it be more logical if the people who voted for the unicorn paradise but bought a shit show were the ones who fucked off and let the rest of us patch up the damage? 

I quite like that idea, same as anti vaxxers all fucking off so we can get our lives back. I reckon they are one and the same so kill two birds with one stone.

Besides whats the betting that this race to populism helped by Brexit is the wet dream of middle aged white men, not naming names, who want to control and police this new found “sovrinty” and decide who the right and wrong people are to live in their sunny uplands.

Edited by Warriorsaint

6 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Wouldn't it be more logical if the people who brought the shit show about by voting for the unicorn paradise were the ones who fucked off and let the rest of us patch up the damage? 

Why would the people who want to live in the UK want to fuck off to the EU?

Surely it's more logical for those that spend their entire life moaning about the country to fuck off and live somewhere else?

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Surely it's more logical for those that spend their entire life moaning about the country to fuck off and live somewhere else?

Because you want a world which doesn't exist anymore and cant be recreated. Suicide is an option I guess  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Hang on a minute. It was you lot that continually moaned about the country, the European agenda, political correctness and health a safety madness before Brexit, we were content. Yes we had a nasty Tory government every now and then, but it was quiet nice to moan about them. All in all we were happy.

You lot are born moaning, now you've got what you want you've shoved all that moaning on to wokeness, culture wars and conspiracy theories.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, buctootim said:

I know its tongue in cheek and the single market isnt problem free  - but working abroad for a year or so when you're young is a great experience. 

I know, I have a number of friends that have done it including one who worked for TUI for two seasons. Unfortunately the vast majority of people that would apply for these sorts of jobs were too young to vote in the referendum!

11 minutes ago, igsey said:

I know, I have a number of friends that have done it including one who worked for TUI for two seasons. Unfortunately the vast majority of people that would apply for these sorts of jobs were too young to vote in the referendum!

Keep the examples coming. I don’t see any brexiteers coming up with the sunny uplands stories.

24 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

Hang on a minute. It was you lot that continually moaned about the country, the European agenda, political correctness and health a safety madness before Brexit, we were content. Yes we had a nasty Tory government every now and then, but it was quiet nice to moan about them. All in all we were happy.

You lot are born moaning, now you've got what you want you've shoved all that moaning on to wokeness, culture wars and conspiracy theories.

'you lot'.

Still, if you're that unhappy and there are so many people that want change, we should be seeing another referendum in what, maybe 12 months time?

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

'you lot'.

Still, if you're that unhappy and there are so many people that want change, we should be seeing another referendum in what, maybe 12 months time?

Boris Johnson is many things, but "willing to admit to mistakes" is not one of them. No chance of a referendum with a Tory government.

1 minute ago, igsey said:

Boris Johnson is many things, but "willing to admit to mistakes" is not one of them. No chance of a referendum with a Tory government.

Prime ministers can be removed if they become unpopular.  They can even be replaced by ones that want to rejoin the EU, especially given the overwhelming number of people who apparently want the same.

Seems a bit defeatist to not even bother getting a rejoin campaign off the ground because Boris is PM.

12 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Prime ministers can be removed if they become unpopular.  They can even be replaced by ones that want to rejoin the EU, especially given the overwhelming number of people who apparently want the same.

Seems a bit defeatist to not even bother getting a rejoin campaign off the ground because Boris is PM.

I'm not sure Boris will lead the Tories into the next election. The damage is done.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

'you lot'.

I didn't say I was unhappy now, that's the trouble with you lot, too busy gloating rather than trying to understand others.

I took umbrage at the idea that remainers were the moaners in all this, when clearly the brexiteers have been droaning on pub bores for years.

6 minutes ago, Fan The Flames said:

I didn't say I was unhappy now, that's the trouble with you lot, too busy gloating rather than trying to understand others.

I took umbrage at the idea that remainers were the moaners in all this, when clearly the brexiteers have been droaning on pub bores for years.

Unless you're another one of boriersaint's multiple accounts, I've never said you've moaned about it.

I'm glad you appear to be happy with how Brexit is turning out.

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Yep. Have for a long time. Not one benefit from it. Absolute pile of shite. 

Couple of mates saying the same. They were absolutely shocked I didn’t vote for it but both work in sectors where may feel aggrieved by immigration

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

No effing chance. I'd rather follow Weston's suggestion of moving across to live among the Paddies. ( To put it in terms you would understand ).

Oh yes I forgot. I read Duckhunters posts. Now I understand his vote. Doesn’t like forners does he? Wants an Anglo saxon world. Brexit will fail  him somewhat I think.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Another Brexiteer clearly confused as to what Brexit meant.

BBC News - Edwin Poots wants immigration rules relaxed over farm labour shortage https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-58652210

Not only a brexiteer, he is a 'Young Earth creationist" who thinks the Earth is no more than 4000 years old. How the fuck do these idiots get elected ?

Edited by badgerx16

19 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Sadly we cannot rejoin as we would go back a wounded animal and have to go back with worse terms that we left with. Add to that they would certainly make us jettison the pound. We would be told to sit in the corner and be quiet. Our standing in the world would be in taters. 

It is with great sadness that we have made the biggest mistake in our countries history.

I do not like the European project but I dont like us being alone and we in the next 18months will see our standard of living drop, add to that high inflation.

Obviously the convenient Covid situation will be blamed

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, OldNick said:

Sadly we cannot rejoin as we would go back a wounded animal and have to go back with worse terms that we left with. Add to that they would certainly make us jettison the pound. We would be told to sit in the corner and be quiet. Our standing in the world would be in taters. 

It is with great sadness that we have made the biggest mistake in our countries history.

I do not like the European project but I dont like us being alone and we in the next 18months will see our standard of living drop, add to that high inflation.

Obviously the convenient Covid situation will be blamed

Thats was the people with foresight knew. Our kids will be paying for this for decades

We will return as the diminished nation we have become. Damn shame though.

I fear we haven’t hit rock bottom yet but we will and then the only way is up.

we will have to be pragmatic when the UK union breaks and the Celtic nations join the EU. We will have to be pragmatic and ease England back into the fold. It will be difficult but with compassion and persuasion it can be done.

It might actually be a good thing in the long run. England may realign and become a more progressive, inclusive nation at ease with its new status as a regional European power as opposed to a tier 1 world power, as a backlash to the isolationist nation we are now.

Its a pipe dream that might take 20,40 years but I think it’s achievable.

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I thought you said there was no upside  to Brexit.

Trying to find nuggets in the earthquake.

I like the fact you only answer posts you feel comfortable with. The difficult ones with Brexit you tend to avoid like the plague.

Can you point me to the upsides Duckhunter? Personal request to you. We’ll see if you answer.

5 hours ago, OldNick said:

Surely being a fully-fledged member of the EU would be better than Brexit though? 

25 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If we get rid of the sweaties & there’s a United Ireland, that’s an upside. 

That wasn’t a reason or Brexit benefit on the leaflets though was it? 

Don’t think many Brexiteers would agree with you though.

You all knew what you were voting for though eh?

37 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

You all knew what you were voting for though eh?

The vast majority of Brexiteers had 1 primary reason for voting that way - to leave the EU. The peripheral details were secondary to that, so they view the outcome as having delivered what they voted for. There may well be some who subsequently have come to regret their vote, but reversing the referendum is not an option, so we all have to suck it up and get on with what we are presented with. There may well be some personal satisfaction at pointing out the negative outcomes, but schadenfreude pales when you are one of those affected by it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, whelk said:

Where have all the lorry drivers gone?

Every fucker using them as an excuse. Council can’t get agency drivers so miss the bin collections. Have Poland and Hungary got loads back? Are there any stats on how many we lost?

Many estimates put the shortage of HGV drivers in the UK at around 90k, with about 20k EU drivers no longer working in the UK. It seems to depend on which side of the referendum you agreed with: Leavers may well point to a 'global' shortage, as per the Daily Express, (https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1485488/brexit-news-hgv-driver-shortage-covid-uk-eu-latest-facts4eu-report);  Remainers will point to stories such as this - https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/brexit-to-blame-as-lorry-driver-shortages-hit-100000-says-yorkshire-logistics-boss-3359867.

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I did yes. Based on your halfwitted posts, I’d imagine most people understood more than you did.  

I understood it would be a clusterfuck long before the brexiters ever did so based on the resulting mess I reckon I understood it a lot more than the brexiters did.

Your halfwitted response proves you were living in cloud cuckoo land, so whose the halfwit? 

Again Duckhunter can you point to any brexit benefits? After all we are 10 months in.

45 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

schadenfreude pales when you are one of those affected by it.

Agree, but we are all paying for it. There is not satisfaction to be had.

The majority of the countries standard of living is dropping each day and there seems to be no accountability.

The populists and brexiters and Tory liars seem to deflect and blame everything on culture wars hoping we don’t hold them directly responsible.

They well may be victorious and we will be subject to another decade of Tory austerity and tax cuts for  the rich which is the real aim of the backers of Project leave.

Does everyone forget Cummings, Cambridge Analytica and the rest.