The Tadic Austin penalty dust up

Fitzhugh Fella

Austin comes across as such an arrogant pr!ck to me, and the penalty incident summed him up nicely.

Clearly Tadic is the designated penalty taker and I've have been peed off in his position too.

And what was Austin cupping his ears to the crowd after he scored both goals all about aswell?

For those slagging off Tadic's one and only penalty miss (against Burnley), if memory serves me right it was a blinding save from Heaton?

I was not happy to see Austin say "in the future I will take them". I hope this was an executive decision and not him being childish.

A striker who can score twice as many in a season than any of our other players is not being childish by saying he wants to take future penalties .

I'm more surprised a manager would trust Tadic with taking them any way . I rate him highly but he is far from convincing at penalties

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Anyone could see by the way Austin grabbed the ball and immediately wagged his finger at Tadic to say 'no i'm having this' that he wasn't the designated penalty taker. Yes perhaps Tadic should have given up a bit easier than he did but if he was given the job by the manager then he's just enforcing manager's orders, can't believe anyone is criticising him for not just going "okay charlie that's fine you have it". Thankfully all ended well.

How anyone is having a go at Tadic is beyond me.

He is a professional and he is the designated taker - imagine how ****ed off Puel would be if he didn't put up at least some from of protest. Ultimately the captain on the day dragged him away and let Austin take it.

Isn't JPW our designated penalty taker when he's on the pitch ?

I may be wrong but I think it was one of the worst penalties I have seen by a Saints player

im going to have to disagree.

Just seen the penalty save; if you think that's a bad penalty then you're extremely hard to please.

Personally I'd say it's a brilliant save from the keeper; full stretch with the ball hardly off the ground.

And the accompanying article that went with the footage said it was Tadic's first penalty miss in thirteen attempts (and it remains his only miss for us out of maybe five he's taken off the top of my head), so yes he's clearly a rubbish penalty taker.

Just seen the penalty save; if you think that's a bad penalty then you're extremely hard to please.

Personally I'd say it's a brilliant save from the keeper; full stretch with the ball hardly off the ground.

And the accompanying article that went with the footage said it was Tadic's first penalty miss in thirteen attempts (and it remains his only miss for us out of maybe five he's taken off the top of my head), so yes he's clearly a rubbish penalty taker.

Be off with your facts and things... go!

The other thing to bear in mind with Tadic is that he's got enough technical ability to potentially be able to change his mind on where he's going to put it, if the keeper moves early.

If the keeper moves early you don't have to smack it or put it right in the corner, you can just put in anywhere in the two-thirds of the goal that the keeper isn't covering.

Therefore it doesn't have to be right in the corner to be a good penalty.

Is this ridiculous thread still alive ?

It`s fast becoming an embarrassment to the football club...or something... ;)

It was started by someone with a strangely obsessive dislike for a player, he would not have done so if it had not involved Tadic

Let it go and move on...

Roll on Sunday

Is this ridiculous thread still alive ?

It`s fast becoming an embarrassment to the football club...or something... ;)

It was started by someone with a strangely obsessive dislike for a player, he would not have done so if it had not involved Tadic

Let it go and move on...

Roll on Sunday

It was started by a passionate saints fan with a right to his opinion. However, I do agree that it is a storm in a teacup. Let's just march on.

So why did the Captain run forward and pull Tadic away. If he had been designated surely he would have taken the ball off Austin. In my view Austin is a real goal scorer and if playing the penalty taker. JWP is also a reliable penalty taker but I seem to remember Tadic scoring luckily from half hit and smart arse penalties. I am holding my breath any time he takes one in case he tries to be too fancy.

Im sorry Fitz.

That was so unprofessional.

The penalty take is decided on the training ground, with the team, management and coaching staff. He is the chosen penalty taker. Who ever it is. Whatever the situation.

Much as I love Charlie Austin, he embarrassed the Club, the manager, Tadic, Van and the supporters for over ruling the his position.

Watching it, I felt embarrassed.

Yes great when he scored, but if he missed?

Then Puel comes out and says its not a problem, sorry, but Charlie over ruled you!

So unprofessional.

I am not his greatest fan I accept and one of the reasons I criticise him is his petulance which was just plain embarrassing last night. But I am honest enough to admit when on form he is an extremely creative outlet for us and is very skilful and worthy of being first name on the team sheet. However he is very erratic and because of that very frustrating. Last night he should have run the show being the ablest player on the park, but he was pretty anonymous. We need a raring-to-go Tadic this season showing his end of season form but it aint happening yet.

Thought he played well last night and was brilliant at arsenal.

Im sorry Fitz.

That was so unprofessional.

The penalty take is decided on the training ground, with the team, management and coaching staff. He is the chosen penalty taker. Who ever it is. Whatever the situation.

Much as I love Charlie Austin, he embarrassed the Club, the manager, Tadic, Van and the supporters for over ruling the his position.

Watching it, I felt embarrassed.

Yes great when he scored, but if he missed?

Then Puel comes out and says its not a problem, sorry, but Charlie over ruled you!

So unprofessional.

Totally agree. I hope both players are sent on loan until January and then sold to the first bidder. Just devastated, can't believe the shame these two have brought upon our club

Scum.

Totally agree. I hope both players are sent on loan until January and then sold to the first bidder. Just devastated, can't believe the shame these two have brought upon our club

Scum.

This , it's totally unacceptable, if I see any passion on Sunday I may consider handing my season ticket back.

The kids at the game must of gone home and had nightmares never to return again.

Scum.

This , it's totally unacceptable, if I see any passion on Sunday I may consider handing my season ticket back.

The kids at the game must of gone home and had nightmares never to return again.

Agree, the shame of it, surprised that the papers are not all over such a disgraceful incident

A few quick brain f@rts...

1 - Tadic and JWP have a similar spat v West Ham at Upton Park for a set piece a couple of years ago. He has priors but doesn't seem to have an impact beyond immediacy, as we kicked on to win that game and had a good season.

2 - Tadic statistically scores his penalties, but they don't inspire confidence.

3 - I might be wrong with this one, but didn't Austin miss a penalty that resulted in QPR getting relegated?

4 - I might be wrong with this one, but isn't Austin on a goal scoring bonus? Wonder how much this was an overriding factor over "passion".

That is all.

Classic Fitzhugh Fella. Overreacting, not actually waiting until he hears the full story and blaming both the management and foreign flair player. Clearly Austin at fault, could even see that as it was happening everyone knows Tadic is the penalty taker.

Has everyone forgotten peeps here were saying they hoped Tadic took no more penalties? No idea what they look like in training but his previous match penalties were nothing to write home about. Hardly MLT class.