Redmond and Saints in general

washsaint

Problem with Redmond is he doesn't seem to have a football brain, he just runs with the ball but rarely seems to know what to do with it. He is a livewire but too often flatters to deceive. Tbh I'm a bit baffled by the high praise he has received from some so called experts, but then experts are not always right and they also don't watch him week in week out like we do.

Hector Bellerin named Redmond in his most difficult opponent 11 that he's faced . What does he know though , he only played against him as opposed to posting on a football forum about him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't seem to find this list, only the one referring to winger Douglas Costa as his most difficult opponent. Who else is in the eleven?

Prowse is also very highly rated . Odd how no offer has ever come in for him .

Was anyone else keen on Redmond? Why we agreed 10 million is beyond me

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

the same could be said of VVD as it was in the media for a long time we were after him

Prowse is also very highly rated . Odd how no offer has ever come in for him .

Was anyone else keen on Redmond? Why we agreed 10 million is beyond me

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Stoke were definitely interested in Redmond and no doubt would have paid similar. The player basically had the choice between us and them.

Less concrete but this article chucks in WHU and Palace as potential clubs too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3648594/Stoke-City-steal-march-managerless-Southampton-race-Nathan-Redmond.html

Stoke were definitely interested in Redmond and no doubt would have paid similar. The player basically had the choice between us and them.

Less concrete but this article chucks in WHU and Palace as potential clubs too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3648594/Stoke-City-steal-march-managerless-Southampton-race-Nathan-Redmond.html

They didn't buy him though, did they? I reckon it would be a bloody good strategy to pretend to be interested in a player who you believe is overpriced and overrated to lure a rival club into buying him. Les Reed was the fall guy. If he now gets lured into buying Manolo Gabbiadini, one of the most overpriced and overrated players in Europe, because other clubs are supposedly interested in buying him, he'll be an even bigger fool.

They didn't buy him though, did they? I reckon it would be a bloody good strategy to pretend to be interested in a player who you believe is overpriced and overrated to lure a rival club into buying him. Les Reed was the fall guy. If he now gets lured into buying Manolo Gabbiadini, one of the most overpriced and overrated players in Europe, because other clubs are supposedly interested in buying him, he'll be an even bigger fool.

Right you are, sweetheart.

Yes. A real fool.

The deluge of idiots who think he's 'Championship at best' (where did that phrase come from?) don't remember the Championship. He had a great start and has a lot of class but, like the rest of the team, is off the boil now. That's it, really.

reckon it stems from the ludicrous idea to rebrand division to feign importance.

Only one team can buy a player, who in the end chose us. Personally Im delighted he came to us as he will be a damned good player

Redmond chosen by Merston as his young player of the season so far !? Says Ali only been good for a few months and Redmond been good all season also says we're a different team when Redmond doesn't play ! Is it April already ?

• 3 weeks later...

Redmond was absolutely fantastic yesterday.

Running at players with pace (and beating them). Caused their defence trouble all game, until he came off.

Not been his biggest fan so far and have been crying out for him to play like that. More of the same please!

Running at players with pace (and beating them). Caused their defence trouble all game, until he came off.

Not been his biggest fan so far and have been crying out for him to play like that. More of the same please!

Agree entirely.

And also put in a great shift defensively... Didn't once "switch off" from his defensive responsibilities in that formation. Tadic too TBF

Redmond chosen by Merston as his young player of the season so far !? Says Ali only been good for a few months and Redmond been good all season also says we're a different team when Redmond doesn't play ! Is it April already ?
Perhaps you're not a very good judge of a young footballer, or a lot ex proffessional footballer aren't. He has been singled out a couple of times being very good by pundits

Perhaps you're not a very good judge of a young footballer, or a lot ex proffessional footballer aren't. He has been singled out a couple of times being very good by pundits

Not anywhere near Ali yet though but is now showing promise!

Back to his best yesterday. He'd stopped running at players for the last couple of months, it's his biggest asset and he needs to use it more.

Yep, agree.

Without that, he generally offers little else.

Needs more confidence in front of goal as well!

Not anywhere near Ali yet though but is now showing promise!
perhaps but his style of football is exciting to watch,especially when he runs at defences. I was surprised he went off last night, and did wonder if that would lift Liverpool, thankfully Simms was just as quick and direct.

Awesome in both legs, despite some missed chances (although that chip in the first leg was sublime, desperately unlucky that it hit Lovren). I've been critical of him playing on the left due to his tendency to cut back but not actually produce anything when he does it, and his lack of trust in his left foot. Last night he caused their right back and Matip all sorts of problems and played 3 good passes with his left foot, he was fantastic. Really, really pleased for him, games like these are always set up for players to make their name and I feel no matter what peoples' opinion of Redmond have been all season, they cannot deny his importance in us reaching this final.

I am not his biggest supporter, it has to be said. I think he has been wasteful, slow, 1 assist and 4 goals in a half season is poor return but what was expected off the back of his Norwich showing. However, if he can put in more performances like that going forward I will be easily converted. What a completely differently player he was. Decisive, great running, pacey, quick thinking. Loved it.

Redmond and Sims yesterday, and Mane the season before show how effective players can be when they pick up the ball and immediately run at pace towards the defence. It goes without saying that it makes a world of difference to Redmond's game when he runs at players, but it's also important that he does it quickly. In many games this season he has taken too long to decide what to do with the ball, but if he can play a bit more instinctively that will prove dividends for him I'm sure.

It also helps we have started to get more players forward so Redmond does not always have to check and wait for players to join the attack. I really do think that Puel is starting to get us to play that he wants and this is because he has longer on the training ground with the players.

We tore a very poor Leicester side apart and completely outplayed Liverpool. Even the performances against Burnley, WBA, etc. we played pretty well but just couldn't finish chances.

Redmond and Sims yesterday, and Mane the season before show how effective players can be when they pick up the ball and immediately run at pace towards the defence. It goes without saying that it makes a world of difference to Redmond's game when he runs at players, but it's also important that he does it quickly. In many games this season he has taken too long to decide what to do with the ball, but if he can play a bit more instinctively that will prove dividends for him I'm sure.

Yesterday also showed that it's much, much easier to do when you've got them on the break. We've often been too slow to transition into attack this year, giving the opposition a chance to regroup, but when they've got 10 behind the ball Redmond can't really go and run direct.

particularly liked how he kept the ball when we desperately needed an outlet and a breather. Really pleased he has performed well in the last few games as fans were starting to get on his back. Get behind him and he can be a good player for us.