Sparta Prague 1 Saints 0 - Match Thread & Melt Down

St Chalet

whilst we all have angst when we play can we agree that our forward line at least is not clinical enough for the premier league or europe.

With Long/Redmond/Jayrod/Austin up top Charlie is the only killer, the rest are "stretch them" type forwards, that is why I at least get frustrated.

Is Sam Gallagher a lesser option ? I like all our forwards especially Long but I like goals more

Can't help feeling we should have played Long against pool the way we were set up and played Austin tonight were we are going to have a lot more action around their box.

Austin has played once in the last 19 days - pretty sure our players can manage

We are making too many changes every game and it's killed us in the league and again tonight

whilst we all have angst when we play can we agree that our forward line at least is not clinical enough for the premier league or europe.

With Long/Redmond/Jayrod/Austin up top Charlie is the only killer, the rest are "stretch them" type forwards, that is why I at least get frustrated.

Is Sam Gallagher a lesser option ? I like all our forwards especially Long but I like goals more

Gallagher isn't an option he is on a season Long loan.

TBH are problems in front of goal aren't new to this season last season our forwards were good at the start and the end of the season and dire during the middle of the season. Since we got back to the PL I think only lambert has managed 15 or more league goals in a season and he had all the penalties to do that. We haven't had a prolific striker/forward since we got back to the PL really.

Not really, they've gone from League champions to bottom half.

we are a whole 2 points above them.

whilst they pish the champions league at the expense of a title defence knowing full well that last season was a one-off.

would you prefer us to go out all guns blazing in the Europa league and say be 14th in the league right now?

Wherever I look on the pitch, we have fewer players than them. Are we too predictable? Making bad passing choices? Poor movement off the ball?

Are we too spread out, so our passes are longer (and floatier), giving them the chance to catch up?

Been trying to work it out, but I'm struggling.

We do go backwards a lot, I've noticed. That seems to be the first option, even when there's space going forward.

we are a whole 2 points above them.

whilst they pish the champions league at the expense of a title defence knowing full well that last season was a one-off.

would you prefer us to go out all guns blazing in the Europa league and say be 14th in the league right now?

But according to you and your bumpals here, Saints are an embarrasing, toothless bunch of total **** losers. So that makes all conquering Leicester an embarrasing, toothless bunch of total **** losers -2.

7 changes from the weekend!! Completely uneccecary

Leicester have a similar size squad to us and playing in the champions league... made 1 change

Leicester are below us in the league. And aren't in the EFL Cup.

We've also had something like the 4th or 5th hardest set of fixtures in comparison to everyone else in the league.

Well, that was ****e. Utter ****e.

We just never look like scoring and our fluidity of earlier this season is but a distant memory. Shane Long has been absolutely terrible as have the midfield 3 of Hojberg, Clasie and JWP.

Our build up is so slow, delivery into the box shocking and our forwards look like they could play for the next month and not come close to scoring.

Worrying times and Puel needs to start earning his money now. This is simplynot good enough.