Watford protest

Saint IQ

Best protest IMHO is to email Lander (email address below) and copy a Chinese newspaper. Below is what I sent. Chinese hate to lose face

landersports@lander.com.cn

FAO: Mr. Gao Jisheng

Dear Mr. Jisheng,

It is with a very heavy heart that I write to you at this time. I am sure you are a very honourable man and have or had the very best intentions for Southampton Football Club at the time of your majority purchase of the club. However, as most fans and public at large, including the world media, would acknowledge, our dear club has arguably been at the lowest point in its history since your involvement.

As a proud man, you cannot surely be content with the current state of affairs at our beloved club? However, you seem to show no signs whatsoever of being the least bit concerned, and arguably are happy to let the club fail? Why, pray why did you buy us? There has been no communication from you since our purchase – where are the five pledges that the clown of our chairman promised so long ago?

Please, please show some backbone and act now – surely you have not been successful so far in your life by inaction? Failure I believe is a very poor trait in Chinese culture, and in your leader’s eyes. I implore you sir, please act and change the leadership team at Southampton FC or do the graceful thing and sell the club to someone who really cares.

Whilst we might seem powerless, the fans of each and every club are its very foundation, and if you want to be remembered with anywhere near the kind of affection of our last Chairman (not his daughter) and that of Leicester, please please act now.

Jesus wept.

"arguably" dear boy "arguably"

Not asking anyone to agree with or even do the same - just saying what I have done. That is how I feel, if you don't then deal with it.

See the usual brave armchair internet warriors are out nashing their milk teeth again - sure kick some on the web, instead of doing something meaningful - like getting a life.

Best protest IMHO is to email Lander (email address below) and copy a Chinese newspaper. Below is what I sent. Chinese hate to lose face

Dear Mr. Jisheng,

It is with a very heavy heart that I write to you at this time. I am sure you are a very honourable man and have or had the very best intentions for Southampton Football Club at the time of your majority purchase of the club. However, as most fans and public at large, including the world media, would acknowledge, our dear club has arguably been at the lowest point in its history since your involvement.

As a proud man, you cannot surely be content with the current state of affairs at our beloved club? However, you seem to show no signs whatsoever of being the least bit concerned, and arguably are happy to let the club fail? Why, pray why did you buy us? There has been no communication from you since our purchase – where are the five pledges that the clown of our chairman promised so long ago?

Please, please show some backbone and act now – surely you have not been successful so far in your life by inaction? Failure I believe is a very poor trait in Chinese culture, and in your leader’s eyes. I implore you sir, please act and change the leadership team at Southampton FC or do the graceful thing and sell the club to someone who really cares.

Whilst we might seem powerless, the fans of each and every club are its very foundation, and if you want to be remembered with anywhere near the kind of affection of our last Chairman (not his daughter) and that of Leicester, please please act now.

Except I don't think gao even speaks much English best hope he's got a good interpreter!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

How about something different from the usual. In this modern era, the recent thing is to select a minute which is relevant to the person/situation involved where the crowd give a minute's applause.

Well why don't Saints fans go the opposite way and just deliver a minute's "booing" as loud as possible - how about the 10th minute to signify (unless I have counted incorrectly) the amount of home league goals scored this year, yes, not this season but this year.

After all, there are a lot of people who pay out a lot of money for a season ticket and are not even being entertained - I think most of us can take losing games as it is pretty common place over the years when it comes to Saints but the football the last three or four years has been atrocious too.

The most simple way to protest is when the players run onto the field at the start everyone stands up and turns their backs toward the pitch. Stay that way for the first five minutes and then turn around.No cheering,banner waving or boos. Silent protest from within the ground. Repeat if for the start of the second half irrespective of the score and just hope it registers with the incompetents who are ruining our club.

This is genuinely a terrible idea haha. Anyone protesting from within the ground is laughable really. You've paid to get in. If you want to send a message that will stick with them after they've stepped out the stadium then don't go.

Source?

Don't know about LGTL but the source for me was direct from a first team player.

Anyway back to the original topic instead of doing a no show for the first 7min can we not do the full 90 so we don't have to watch this cr*p anymore

If you really want to protest, have a huge banner saying "the Premiership is pants, we want out". Cheer every defeat until we're relegated. Then enjoy the championship which is much better fun. And if we win the Championship decline the promotion and attempt to be the first club to ever win back- back championships.

What about a few banners outside then a pre planned non attendance for the first 7 minutes of the game, to mark the 7 years of progression we had after Markus took us over before everything started going to ****. At least if enough took part it might get some news coverage

I have a pre-planned non-attendance for the whole 90 minutes. Put simply, I am fed up with the whole thing and unless they show a bit more interest and take some positive steps to improve then I'll spend my Saturday afternoons elsewhere. Hughes' complacent bull**** cuts no ice with me at all. He is clearly not the man we need and just as clearly the goons who appointed him are staying put. That's fine all it has cost them is one more regular supporter.

Why do you need to go at all IQ, seven minutes missed is hardly a boycott? No gain without pain!

Dear Mr. Jisheng,

P.s A numbaaah fitty-seben, pwawn cwackaa and egg fried lice.

Dear Mr. Jisheng,

I'll bet he is quaking in his boots!

Are you for real "Red". Think twice, act once is always a good adage to heed.

Dear Mr. Jisheng,

Looks like it did the trick ;)

Whilst it's crap at the moment, this seriously isn't the lowest point in the clubs history. Slightly overdramatic.

You say that but it could get to that point sooner rather than later, this chairman has no real sums of money, bought our club via a loan and has not said a word since the day he bought the club

He has not told us of any plan whatsoever.

How he passed the means test is beyond me.

Dear Mr. Jisheng,

Funniest thing I've seen on here for ages