NEW CHANTS?

Scumarmy

5 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Six foot two, eyes of brown, Gavin Bazunu’s technically sound…

he’s got soap between his gloves,

he’s got soap in between his gloves. 

We’ve got the shittest team in the league,

Weve got shittest damn team in the league,

Weve got the shittest team in the league,

theres diallo, lyanco (sorry you’ve been good lately but it fit) and elyonoussi…

• Haha 4

When the balls in net it’s not Shilton or Cech that’s Bazunu

When you score every shot, and save not a lot that’s Bazunu

nets will bulge you’ll score goals and we’ll sing, he comes from Man City

He’s behind our defence but makes no difference that’s Bazunu

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 8

What can I do to see light of this dull dull day?
What switch can I pull to illuminate the way?

Show me one direction
I’ll not be a daftee again
A Nathan Jones erection
Is all I need to calm the pain

We all need a Nat (resurrection, just a little divine intervention)
We all need a Nat (resurrection, just a little divine intervention)

[repeat until next poor first half]

13 hours ago, niceandfriendly said:

Atmosphere at the Emirates was electric last night. That North London Forever song will turn me into an Arsenal fan in time. Wish we had an anthem like that. 

Shame the Shane Long one didn’t catch on 🙄

Thought I should reply to your comment here. Nice song, not heard of it before. https://youtu.be/V6X0kYbx8Gg?t=22 for those who haven't heard it either.

It probably helps that their song is coming to the fore while they are in their first title challenge in yonks, while Shane Long's song preceded a prolonged period of sub-mediocrity that we are still enduring. The line "We'll never stop, 'til we reach the top" sticks in my mind, and might have been a situation of promising a bit more than could be delivered.

Wish we had an anthem like that

Hold my beer.

"Southampton forever

Whatever the weather

These streets are our own..."

You're welcome.

(Note: Must be sung at 2x tempo to remove any phrasing and pacing from the original song - very important detail)

Edited by Ted Bates Statue
Vital tempo information
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

chim chiminey chim chiminey chim chim cher-oo who needs a striker when we’ve got perraud.

I was thinking the same. He looks like he'd be a hell of a striker if gven the chance. Bale only got his chance to move up from left back when he went to Spurs.

13 hours ago, Nordic Saint said:

I was thinking the same. He looks like he'd be a hell of a striker if gven the chance. Bale only got his chance to move up from left back when he went to Spurs.

though with little competition he’s one of the best strikers of a football at the club, showcased against west ham, tottenham last year (hit the bar), and same this season. I don’t rate him defensively so don’t see why we don’t play him up the wing and buy a proper left full back and striker. wont happen sadly. 

this is extremely random but when someone did it in the pub during the last game it made me think

when and why did “give me an s” change from spelling it out each letter individually s-o-u-t-h-a-m-p-t-o-n to 

s-o-u-t-h-a-m-PTON 

did people just become too tired to spell out each letter?

Edited by SotonianWill

2 hours ago, SotonianWill said:

this is extremely random but when someone did it in the pub during the last game it made me think

when and why did “give me an s” change from spelling it out each letter individually s-o-u-t-h-a-m-p-t-o-n to 

s-o-u-t-h-a-m-PTON 

did people just become too tired to spell out each letter?

Too many letters, most fans have fallen asleep by halfway through.

And we could do with a 2 syllable moniker to vastly increase our very limited repertoire - “scummer” and (for our Dorset/Wiltshire contingent) “Saaaamptn” doesn’t count.

27 minutes ago, LeBizzier69 said:

Haven't heard "my old man, said be a pompey fan" for a long while. Always raises a smile. Short and sweet.

don’t know the words to our version

but then usually no one join in with any chant unless it’s “follow follow follow” so would be no use

1 hour ago, SotonianWill said:

don’t know the words to our version

but then usually no one join in with any chant unless it’s “follow follow follow” so would be no use

The follow one is actually alright, it's just ruined by ending it mentioning an OK player who's career may already be over through injury. Bit embarrassing singing about him like he's Messi. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, alehouseboys said:

Too many letters, most fans have fallen asleep by halfway through.

And we could do with a 2 syllable moniker to vastly increase our very limited repertoire - “scummer” and (for our Dorset/Wiltshire contingent) “Saaaamptn” doesn’t count.

Ale-House

3 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

The follow one is actually alright, it's just ruined by ending it mentioning an OK player who's career may already be over through injury. Bit embarrassing singing about him like he's Messi. 

Yeah, the lads who started it picked the wrong player for that chant.

It's also a bit dull because most teams sing it. We should try to come up with original songs rather than copying others. Last proper original I can remember was the Cedric one to She's Electric but that also had a terrible final line.

11 hours ago, Turkish said:

I’ve seen talk of the racist Victor Wanyama song being resurrected for one of our new boys 🤦‍♂️

it’s that saints chants account. always spouting shit like “nathan jones is the king of the scummers” to ings old song the other week smh. 

13 hours ago, SaintTex said:

Onu-achu!

Onu-achu!

God, Bless you

Ohu-achu!

my joke chant of the day, to the tune of 

ay ay ay ay

martin is better than yashin…

With-the-greatest-of-respect

He comes from a welsh mining village,

onuachu is better than eu-se-bio

and brentford are in for a thrashing