Anthiny Pulis in part exchange for Davies.

derry

FFS sake it is bad enough that we are losing Davies but taking Pulis off their hands is a total waste of time. He is crap. Every Stoke fan I talk to say he would never have got a game for Stoke if his name wasn't Pulis and that was when they were in the CCC.

We've got enough CMs anyway in Gillet, Schneiderlin, Wotton and James. What we need is fullbacks and strikers

FFS sake it is bad enough that we are losing Davies but taking Pulis off their hands is a total waste of time. He is crap. Every Stoke fan I talk to say he would never have got a game for Stoke if his name wasn't Pulis and that was when they were in the CCC.

We've got enough CMs anyway in Gillet, Schneiderlin, Wotton and James. What we need is fullbacks and strikers

Totally agree, don't want rubbish on the wage bill. There are probably players in L1 that could step up and take the opportunity.

I haven't been over fulsome in my praise of the youngsters, but I'm prepared to give credit where it's due. Gillett has been one of the young players who have impressed me most. He is a real terrier in midfield. He reminds me a lot of Nicky Butt. I'm quite content with us playing him and I could see him as another youngster who would attract attention by the January window if he continues to play as he has so far. Naturally we wouldn't heistate to take an offer for him, as we will probably have Pulis Jnr. to step up to the plate.:rolleyes:

That's what worries me, any of the young players who do well up to Jan will be sold for a pittance with no chance of replacing them.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sport/Stoke-City-Pulis-orders-wee-dram/article-279264-detail/article.html

An announcement on Anthony Pulis's departure to Southampton after three-and-a-half years at the Britannia was still pending today, but Pulis senior observed: "It's a terrific move for him.

"Southampton were very impressed with him during our recent pre-season game down there and it seems they are going with youngsters this season."

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/sport/Stoke-City-Pulis-orders-wee-dram/article-279264-detail/article.html

An announcement on Anthony Pulis's departure to Southampton after three-and-a-half years at the Britannia was still pending today, but Pulis senior observed: "It's a terrific move for him.

"Southampton were very impressed with him during our recent pre-season game down there and it seems they are going with youngsters this season."

Oh god.

I suppose he'll make for OK backup. If Schneiderlin or Gillett get injured then we only really have Wotton as cover, assuming that Euell leaves before the window shuts.

If JP really wants this player then he must see something in the lad that noone else has seen except Dad. Maybe that is why I am a spectator/ fan but come on JP what about your own youngsters. This player would not get into any of the Conference sides I've seen play in recent years. Must be some stipulation in the Davies transfer.

But Saints always buys ****eloads of midfielders.....So this is happening like it or not : /

No-one here really knows what the terms of the deal were /are. Maybe Pulis senior said I'll give you £1m for Davies - but if you take my son as well I'll give you £1.3m and pay his wages for a year. Or maybe Pulis junior is only good at short passing and moving and cant hoof it far enough to get into the Stoke team.

Can anyone remember what he played like in the pre-season friendly?

We are skint, so really we should only be bringing in players that will improve the team. I try to keep an open mind on all signings til I see them play, but I do worry this is a poor, poor signing.

Totally agree, don't want rubbish on the wage bill. There are probably players in L1 that could step up and take the opportunity.

I think he is being brought in as replacement for Jermaine Wright. Nothing to do with his playing position, just that we desparately need a player than no-one rates and who we can blame for every bad result.

Can anyone remember what he played like in the pre-season friendly?

We are skint, so really we should only be bringing in players that will improve the team. I try to keep an open mind on all signings til I see them play, but I do worry this is a poor, poor signing.

or possibly improve the squad? Think first choice 11 is not too bad but we are weak behind it, and are not likely to have big players in reserves

• 2 years later...
Why don't we argue the toss with the bankers and tell them that we need to keep some quality in the squad and regrettably the quality players cost a bit more than the youngsters and are a necessity if we are to progress as a club by at least staving off relegation.

Wes, why did you supply the Skates with that business plan!? You Genius!

I dont even know what an anthony pulis is???

:rolleyes:

And we still don't.

Look, if we're really going to be bumping all of these ancient threads can SOMEONE please dig out the pre-season "where will we finish" polls from 2008/9, 2009/10 and most importantly last year ? I want to see what comedy crap I came out with prior to the Championship relegation, I remember being very unsure of where we'd end up even in September, being a tad optimistic and all...