Lampard sacked

OldNick

39 minutes ago, Mattio said:

Very unlikely - he's got a good thing here, just signed a new deal recently and Chelsea clearly aren't the best place for a manager to go. Tuchel is coming in anyway I think

fair comment but there is always a fear he will leave

For Ralph's sake I hope he doesn't end up at that snake pit.  What a horrible club.  Judging an inexperienced manager on a window of 6 games, ridiculous.  Top 4 and a cup final in his first season.  Shed load of money spent, bedding them in reasonably well, a few injuries to contend with and Werner having a touch of the Heskeys.  5 points off where they would ideally be, plenty of time to get that back.

Stinks of boardroom meddling, I hope they reap what they sow.

• Like 3

Chelsea are the very best counter-argument to the "chopping and changing managers never works" truism.

It's perfectly possible that this next guy will win them another title or major trophy. And if he doesn’t, the next one will.

9 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Chelsea are the very best counter-argument to the "chopping and changing managers never works" truism.

It's perfectly possible that this next guy will win them another title or major trophy. And if he doesn’t, the next one will.

Yeah, they're a total basket case of a club, but they win big. In the Abramovic era, no English club has won more silverware. 12 managers, 16 trophies including the Champions League. Turmoil and infighting seems to bring out the best in them.

• Like 2

Tuchel has some pedigree not won loads .. ligue 1 title (one horse race) champions league final ..bundesliga title and domestic cup .. Abramovich will want a title next year and as we all know if he doesn’t deliver he’ll be gone ...sacked at Paris in a one horse race league so the prem will be a massive challenge for him ..good at developing young talent tho which is something Chelsea need with young stars .. Lampard will be back stronger and good luck to him big learning curve.just glad Ralph is staying put cos wen I heard the news this morning i feared the worst along with you all on here I should imagine.

No room for sentiment at Chelsea. Lampard landed the Chelsea job because of who he is, not because of an impressive managerial CV. There has been a lot of rumours about him losing the dressing room. It will be interesting to see if Tuchel can turn it around and start climbing the league to the position Abramovitch reckons is their appointed place. I think I read somewhere that Tuchel is a fiery character. Might be a match for Roman. I hope Lampard stays in management. I think he has the making of a decent manager.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Tuchel has some pedigree not won loads .. ligue 1 title (one horse race) champions league final ..bundesliga title and domestic cup .. Abramovich will want a title next year and as we all know if he doesn’t deliver he’ll be gone ...sacked at Paris in a one horse race league so the prem will be a massive challenge for him ..good at developing young talent tho which is something Chelsea need with young stars .. Lampard will be back stronger and good luck to him big learning curve.just glad Ralph is staying put cos wen I heard the news this morning i feared the worst along with you all on here I should imagine.

No Bundesliga title just the domestic cup.

Sky’s coverage of his sacking last night was ridiculous. 
Of all the experts/talking heads they’ve got who do they turn to ? Yep cousin Jamie and Uncle ‘arry for a nice balanced view of the decision. The highlight of which was `arry saying “I listened to Paul Merson earlier who as usual was talking sense”  🙄

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4