LGBT+ History Month

Turkish

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/06/2022 at 09:26, badgerx16 said:

How many children decide that they are Trans before entering puberty ?

On 21/06/2022 at 09:59, whelk said:

Far higher percentage in California than Ohio.

Have you considered it is because they've been brainwashed and/or pressured through fear in Ohio and not in California?

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Have you considered it is because they've been brainwashed and/or pressured through fear in Ohio and not in California?

Does transphobia come from the Bible? Think that was the question that makes you scurry off.

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Does transphobia come from the Bible? Think that was the question that makes you scurry off.

“So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them” (Genesis 1:27)

If you grew up hearing these stories and living with people who seemed to fit inside these gender boxes, the existence of transgender people might seem to fly in the face of God’s created order. 

Brainwashing young children over many generations with bronze age myths creates deeply embedded societal phobias. 

200.gif

Edited by Matthew Le God

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why can't he show that Labour under his leadership is supportive of LGBT+ issues? What is the problem with that?

Everyone knows who is he, did he really need to get a load of silly little flags made up? Or perhaps he has other motives for being there…

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Everyone knows who is he, did he really need to get a load of silly little flags made up? Or perhaps he has other motives for being there…

If his motive is... he wants to show the country's LGBT+ community that Labour under his leadership is fully supportive of them... why is that an issue? Of course he is there to help win votes, but why is that a problem? It doesn't mean he doesn't support the meaning behind the occasion.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tbh there are around 3 threads this little Beaty could have found a home in. 🏳️‍🌈

“On Monday, Cardiff Magistrates' Court heard how witnesses said Wallis left the scene after crashing his Mercedes into a lamppost on 28 November.

He was wearing a black leather mini-skirt and high heels and told the court he feared he was going to be attacked.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-62118964

23 minutes ago, Plastic said:

Tbh there are around 3 threads this little Beaty could have found a home in. 🏳️‍🌈

“On Monday, Cardiff Magistrates' Court heard how witnesses said Wallis left the scene after crashing his Mercedes into a lamppost on 28 November.

He was wearing a black leather mini-skirt and high heels and told the court he feared he was going to be attacked.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-62118964

"He" is trans and is said to have PTSD after being raped.

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

The alleged rape occurred before the crash.

Not sure it can even be considered an 'alleged' rape given that it hasn't been reported to the police and no 'allegation' has been made.  All the more bizarre that he tried to use a PTSD defence given that he hasn't reported the 'rape'.  Fortunately it looks like the judge saw right through him, even outright stating he wasn't a 'credible witness'.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of these people are just playing out their perversions. They get off on being seen in public cross dressing and half naked doing dances. We are about to get taken over by people who love to outwardly express their perversions. 

53 minutes ago, Gurj said:

Most of these people are just playing out their perversions. They get off on being seen in public cross dressing and half naked doing dances. We are about to get taken over by people who love to outwardly express their perversions. 

That is a fair assessment of a few Rugby League players I know...

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

Different backlash though if Female and Muslim.

image.thumb.png.b42b11c05f2ef916b7ff9423adabfac1.png

This is where life becomes incredibly tricky for our resident wokies. How can I be seen to support Muslims and therefore not racist but also support LGBTs. Tough one to get right here

40 minutes ago, Turkish said:

This is where life becomes incredibly tricky for our resident wokies. How can I be seen to support Muslims and therefore not racist but also support LGBTs. Tough one to get right here

Islam is not a race you bellend.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Islam is not a race you bellend.

You should let the University of Oslo know.

https://www.sv.uio.no/c-rex/english/groups/compendium/what-is-racism.html

• Racism is attributing negative traits to people based on their perceived belonging to cultural, biological, religious, national origin, and to allow this to legitimate their subordination

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

How did I know you’d be first to respond 🤣

Maybe you could explain why your go to newspaper says islamaphobia is a type of racism then, you bellend 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/may/15/islamophobia-racism-definition-free-speech-theresa-may

It’s fair to say Islamophobia is a form of racism because it’s generally knuckle-draggers aiming abuse at Asians with little or no knowledge or care for the religion. Wether it is technically religious bigotry or racism depends on the situation. 

Islam is not a race though, you can be black, white or brown skinned and be a Muslim.

Happy to help.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

It’s fair to say Islamophobia is a form of racism because it’s generally knuckle-draggers aiming abuse at Asians with little or no knowledge or care for the religion. Wether it is technically religious bigotry or racism depends on the situation. 

Islam is not a race though, you can be black, white or brown skinned and be a Muslim.

Happy to help.

So when you called me a bellend for saying it was racist to be opposed to Islam you actually meant you agreed with me because “it’s fair to say Islamaphobia is a form of racism” 

you’ve had a shocker 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

Happy to help.

I over heard a guy calling a Muslim with a turban a "towel head". I thought that young man must be a racist.

I guess I was wrong.

12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

So when you called me a bellend for saying it was racist to be opposed to Islam you actually meant you agreed with me because “it’s fair to say Islamaphobia is a form of racism” 

you’ve had a shocker 

It’s not racist to disagree with any religion. You can disagree with some things to do with Islam and not be islamiphobic, just like you can disagree with some teachings of the church.

You are all over the place. :lol:

Edited by aintforever

9 minutes ago, aintforever said:

It’s not racist to disagree with any religion. You can disagree with some things to do with Islam and not be islamiphobic, just like you can disagree with some teachings of the church.

You are all over the place. :lol:

All over the place? Remind who it was  that said someone was “a bellend” for saying being anti Muslim was racist then later said “it’s fair to say Islamaphobia  ie a form of racism”