LGBT+ History Month

Turkish

Are we all enjoying it? I think it's great that we can all embrace this. Although why February? Why have they chose the shortest and coldest month of the year to celebrate the bright, colourful, rainbow people that we as a society benefit from? 

22 minutes ago, whelk said:

Do we have any gay posters on Saintsweb? Sure a few repressed ones I think - see American Beauty.

If there are any I’m sure they will post on here to share their joy at their special Month. What’s a like being a gay poster on a modern football forum? I’d say this place is pretty welcoming and opening. No reason for them not to be open about their sexuality if that’s what they want to do

21 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I'm not homophobic but this is unnecessary. Cultural marxism out of control. There's nothing special  about sexuality or gender - it just is.

I’m not homophobic but....

is that the new

I’m not racist but.....?

I do wonder how the world is going to tackle the whole trans issue when a couple of male tennis players decide to transition. Supposing a couple of middle order ATP players like Tsonga and Evans came out and started smashing every female tennis event and every grand slam final was just those two. Can you imagine the likes of Serena and Osaka never getting beyond the semis and politely applauding the superior women who had beaten them again.

Trans rights and feminism are basically locking horns, with people like J.K. Rowling and Navratilova proclaimed as trans-phobic by some. It's a debate which its pretty much impossible to come out of without being accused of something.

15 minutes ago, whelk said:

I wouldn’t have known either but for Turkish having it circled on his calendar 

Glad I am here to remind the forum of these important occasions in the calendar. As someone with ambitions to become director of diversity then I can use these moments on my CV to prove my commitment to the cause 

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I do wonder how the world is going to tackle the whole trans issue when a couple of male tennis players decide to transition. Supposing a couple of middle order ATP players like Tsonga and Evans came out and started smashing every female tennis event and every grand slam final was just those two. Can you imagine the likes of Serena and Osaka never getting beyond the semis and politely applauding the superior women who had beaten them again.

Trans rights and feminism are basically locking horns, with people like J.K. Rowling and Navratilova proclaimed as trans-phobic by some. It's a debate which its pretty much impossible to come out of without being accused of something.

They’ve been used to the Williams brothers for the last 10 years so no problem 

• Haha 1

On 16/02/2021 at 19:13, Turkish said:

Glad I am here to remind the forum of these important occasions in the calendar. As someone with ambitions to become director of diversity then I can use these moments on my CV to prove my commitment to the cause 

Surprised you haven’t highlighted that London Fashion Week is going to be gender neutral. Hope this championing wasn’t a fad.

10 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Having an LGBTQ+ month is "Cultural marxism out of control".  You rabbitholers are mental.

Yeah I have to agree. I think LGBTQ+ month is a stupid idea but as it doesn't affect me I simply ignore it, avoid anything advertising it, don't buy products to do with it etc. Others who love it are then free to go nuts over it if they like. It's not an example of anything going mad. It's got enough corporations signed up to it that it must attract and fair amount of support. Good luck to them.

7 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Yeah I have to agree. I think LGBTQ+ month is a stupid idea but as it doesn't affect me I simply ignore it, avoid anything advertising it, don't buy products to do with it etc. Others who love it are then free to go nuts over it if they like. It's not an example of anything going mad. It's got enough corporations signed up to it that it must attract and fair amount of support. Good luck to them.

What do you mean it doesn’t affect you? It affects us all, how are we going to get rid of LGBT+ prejudice when people can’t even admit it affects their lives? More needs to be done than token gestures like rainbow laces and trannie flags 🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You've missed out the Q's.

There's enough hatred and prejudice in the world without you ostracising the entire Q community!

Thanks, difficult to keep track. At least come LGBTQ+ pride month in June we can confidently predict there will be an F added for fluid. We wouldn’t want to miss those out. 

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Thanks, difficult to keep track. At least come LGBTQ+ pride month in June we can confidently predict there will be an F added for fluid. We wouldn’t want to miss those out. 

I feel I must throw myself upon the apology altar as it appears that I have also missed out the 'I' community.

Hopefully these flags will make up for my temporary lapse.

spacer.png

Reeboted Pride

spacer.png

Trans Pride

spacer.png

Intersex Pride

spacer.png

Bisexual Pride

spacer.png

Pansexual pride

spacer.png

Nonbinary Pride

spacer.png

Asexual Pride

spacer.png

Genderfluid Pride

spacer.png

Agender Pride

spacer.png

Genderqueer Pride

spacer.png

Lesbian Pride

spacer.png

Original Pride

I just read this article, not sure why. 
It’s about a trans dad getting pregnant and having a baby. Anyway, the overriding impression I get is of mental illness and self importance, not a strong coherent identity.

I also don’t understand how pronouns can upset people so much, but then I am over 40 now, so I guess I must have hit a generational gap.

Tbh I found the whole thing pretty hard to comprehend, like reading a modernist novel. Happy Sunday!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/02/20/as-a-trans-dad-my-mental-health-deteriorated-after-my-child-was-born-14108300/

54 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

When will Barbie “transition”?

I wonder if they will do a Barbie doll mid transition? Maybe one with a cock and tits, they could also do an advert about how Ken is sticking by them during this difficult time. Meanwhile i hear action man has become a gay vegan and converted to Islam.

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I wonder if they will do a Barbie doll mid transition? Maybe one with a cock and tits, they could also do an advert about how Ken is sticking by them during this difficult time. Meanwhile i hear action man has become a gay vegan and converted to Islam.

The images you've just put in my head...

Is it possible to unthink things?

Edited by Uncle Albert

On 26/02/2021 at 08:58, Turkish said:

Hang on a minute Action Man; short crop hair, only hung out with other men, hand ready in a permanent gripped position, dog tags, sailor suit in the cupboard, looking for a 'volunteer for a special mission'. He was always gay, you just never noticed.

On 27/02/2021 at 23:56, Matthew Le God said:

Homophobia largely comes from religious intolerance... discuss

Here We Go Again GIF

The irony is that there is very little difference between you and religious fundamentalists  -both convinced that other peoples religious beliefs are wrong.  

Edited by buctootim

1 hour ago, buctootim said:

The irony is that there is very little difference between you and religious fundamentalists  -both convinced that other peoples religious beliefs are wrong.  

Indeed his lack of tolerance shines through with his clear hated of any belief in god however innocuous regarding its impact to his life. An obsessed zealout and polar opposite beliefs to live and let live liberalism. 

Edited by whelk

Some truly great news 👏 👏👏

Tonic Housing: First LGBT+ Retirement Space In UK To Open In Summer (secretldn.com)

As Anna Kear says , chief executive of Tonic Housing, said: “We are making history today" 

the bubonic plague, the olympic games,  the first ever underground railway in the world, the opening of LGBT+ retirement flats, it's right up there.

Not sure if Tonic Housing is a step forward or a step backwards.  I guess it must be reassuring for the residents to live somewhere where gay people and their interests aren't going to be judged by the others who live there.  Seems a bit like segregation though and I thought society was trying to move away from that.  And is it the case that you won't be permitted to buy a flat unless you qualify somehow?  Again, seems a bit "separatist".  Whatever I suppose, as long as everyone's happy.  

25 minutes ago, Manuel said:

Not sure if Tonic Housing is a step forward or a step backwards.  I guess it must be reassuring for the residents to live somewhere where gay people and their interests aren't going to be judged by the others who live there.  Seems a bit like segregation though and I thought society was trying to move away from that.  And is it the case that you won't be permitted to buy a flat unless you qualify somehow?  Again, seems a bit "separatist".  Whatever I suppose, as long as everyone's happy.  

We're all about inclusivity here unless it's those that demand to be included want to segregate themselves, in which case separatism is completely acceptable and should be applauded. 

17 minutes ago, Plastic said:

Another bizarre story that my old brain struggles to comprehend... "Gender neutral" language infuriates trans community for some reason that I cant fathom...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56251452

It's not bizarre it's completely sensible for those us us who aren't transphobic at least. They dont want to be referred to as womxn because it's suggests trans women aren't women, calling them womxn excludes them from being women, apart from the ones who dont want to be referred to as women due to the term womens patriarchal routes. Keep up. 

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

Some truly great news 👏 👏👏

Tonic Housing: First LGBT+ Retirement Space In UK To Open In Summer (secretldn.com)

As Anna Kear says , chief executive of Tonic Housing, said: “We are making history today" 

the bubonic plague, the olympic games,  the first ever underground railway in the world, the opening of LGBT+ retirement flats, it's right up there.

Haven’t clicked the link but assumed your last line was about Everton?

• Haha 1